Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 11:10 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,942,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I agree with everything you said, except for the part about George Zimmerman being a victim. He made a horrible decision and deserves everything that comes his way.
Think about that for a minute... Yeah, he made a horrible decision, a decision that cost a young man his life, but if he is aquitted, and his life is basically over, what then do we as a people gain from it? We gain another statistic.. If he can rebuild his life and somehow become a productive member of society again, we all gain from it... It is understandable that anyone would wish him a tough go, but in the interest of us all, I hope he is able to learn and overcome...

Old 06-28-2013, 11:11 AM

226 posts, read 230,287 times
New witness says he saw blood streaming down Zimmerman's nose and blood on the back of his head. Says he is the one who took cell phone photos of Zimmermans injuries.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:13 AM

226 posts, read 230,287 times
Does everyone know that the rash of burglaries in that neighborhood, which had all been committed by young, black males, has stopped since Saint Trayvon's death?

Old 06-28-2013, 11:15 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,735,984 times
ZIMMERMAN TRIAL BLOCKBUSTER — TRANSCRIPT — Eyewitness Good: Black guy in black hoodie on top punching down Mixed Martial Arts style

O’Mara: Just to clarify what was actually talked about with Chris Serino, Investigator Serino, during this, we’re going to call it for the moment the Ground-and-Pound conversation. We have a rule called completeness, so what I want to do is put it in context for you, ask you if this is what you said to Chris Serino. OK?
“Yeah I pretty much heard somebody yelling outside. I wasn’t sure if it was, you know, a fight or something going wrong. So I opened my blinds and I see kind of like a person out there. I didn’t know if it was a dog attack or something. So I open my door. It was a black man with a black hoodie on top of the other, either a white guy or now I found out I think it was a Hispanic guy with a red sweatshirt on the ground yelling out help! And I tried to tell them, get out of here, you know, stop or whatever, and then one guy on top in the black hoodie was pretty much just throwing down blows on the guy kind of MMA-style.”
Is that the context in which that happened?
Good: Yes.
O’Mara: And then Investigator Serino said, a word that I have, and the transcripts may differ, ground, couldn’t figure it, maybe he said Ground-and-Pound, and then you said:
“Yeah, like a Ground-and-Pound on the concrete at this point, so at this point I told him I’m calling 911.”
BDLR: Objection. Improper bolstering.
O’Mara: I’m at the end of it. Is that–
Judge: There’s an objection and the objection is . . .
BDLR: Hearsay and improper bolstering
O’Mara: I would suggest that rule 108, which is the rule of completeness, suggests that because they brought in part of it . . . and iI’m speaking, I apologize.
Judge: The objection as to hearsay is overruled. Bolstering is not the right objection either, so that’s OK.
BDLR: Beyond the scope of cross-examination to that point
Judge: I overrule on that objection, also, so go ahead.
O’Mara: That’s what you said.
Good: The whole thing, yes
O’Mara: And that was the context in which the words Ground-and-Pound came out.
Good: Yes, for more clarification.
O’Mara: OK. And do you stand by that today, that what you saw is was a Ground-and-Pound event?
Good: It looked like that position was a Ground-and-Pound type of position, but I couldn’t tell 100% that there were actually fists hitting faces.
O’Mara: But you did see [reading] “the guy in the top in the black hoodie pretty much just throwing down blows on the guy kind of MMA-style.”
Good: Meaning arm motions going down on the person on the bottom. Correct.
O’Mara: You’re’ not going to tell the jury here today that you saw fists hit flesh or face if you didn’t actually see it, right?
Good: I wouldn’t tell them that anyway, because i didn’t actually see it.
O’Mara: Great, thanks very much , no further questions.
BDLR: Not to elaborate but the thing that Mr. O’Mara said from the transcript, the bottom line, you needed to clarify after that to make sure that everybody understood that you did not hear or see fists the guy on the top hitting the guy on the bottom.
Good: Both sides made me clarify.
BDLR: Is that correct?
Good: That’s correct.
BDLR: You did not see blows on the guy on the bottom, correct?
Good: Correct
BDLR: Thank you, no further questions.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:16 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,942,353 times
Two men made a bad decisions that night... We will all pay for those decisions in one way or the other.. One way we go down a dark path, the other, we may be able to overcome.... I prefer the later...

Old 06-28-2013, 11:23 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,094,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jim Robinson View Post
Just Breaking:

CNN lies and twists Johns testimony trying to stoke racial tension. Puts up a screenshot headline stating:

WITNESS DESCRIBES FIGHT, SHOOTING
Says lighter-skinned person was punching other one.

That's not what John testified to at all. He stated Martin was on top giving a 'ground and pound' MMA style beating but it's apparent that CNN clearly has a agenda.
I saw that, too. Typical. If they screw up it is always in favor of thier agenda.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:23 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,951,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
ZIMMERMAN TRIAL BLOCKBUSTER — TRANSCRIPT — Eyewitness Good: Black guy in black hoodie on top punching down Mixed Martial Arts style

O’Mara: Just to clarify what was actually talked about with Chris Serino, Investigator Serino, during this, we’re going to call it for the moment the Ground-and-Pound conversation. We have a rule called completeness, so what I want to do is put it in context for you, ask you if this is what you said to Chris Serino. OK?
“Yeah I pretty much heard somebody yelling outside. I wasn’t sure if it was, you know, a fight or something going wrong. So I opened my blinds and I see kind of like a person out there. I didn’t know if it was a dog attack or something. So I open my door. It was a black man with a black hoodie on top of the other, either a white guy or now I found out I think it was a Hispanic guy with a red sweatshirt on the ground yelling out help! And I tried to tell them, get out of here, you know, stop or whatever, and then one guy on top in the black hoodie was pretty much just throwing down blows on the guy kind of MMA-style.”
Is that the context in which that happened?
Good: Yes.
O’Mara: And then Investigator Serino said, a word that I have, and the transcripts may differ, ground, couldn’t figure it, maybe he said Ground-and-Pound, and then you said:
“Yeah, like a Ground-and-Pound on the concrete at this point, so at this point I told him I’m calling 911.”
BDLR: Objection. Improper bolstering.
O’Mara: I’m at the end of it. Is that–
Judge: There’s an objection and the objection is . . .
BDLR: Hearsay and improper bolstering
O’Mara: I would suggest that rule 108, which is the rule of completeness, suggests that because they brought in part of it . . . and iI’m speaking, I apologize.
Judge: The objection as to hearsay is overruled. Bolstering is not the right objection either, so that’s OK.
BDLR: Beyond the scope of cross-examination to that point
Judge: I overrule on that objection, also, so go ahead.
O’Mara: That’s what you said.
Good: The whole thing, yes
O’Mara: And that was the context in which the words Ground-and-Pound came out.
Good: Yes, for more clarification.
O’Mara: OK. And do you stand by that today, that what you saw is was a Ground-and-Pound event?
Good: It looked like that position was a Ground-and-Pound type of position, but I couldn’t tell 100% that there were actually fists hitting faces.
O’Mara: But you did see [reading] “the guy in the top in the black hoodie pretty much just throwing down blows on the guy kind of MMA-style.”
Good: Meaning arm motions going down on the person on the bottom. Correct.
O’Mara: You’re’ not going to tell the jury here today that you saw fists hit flesh or face if you didn’t actually see it, right?
Good: I wouldn’t tell them that anyway, because i didn’t actually see it.
O’Mara: Great, thanks very much , no further questions.
BDLR: Not to elaborate but the thing that Mr. O’Mara said from the transcript, the bottom line, you needed to clarify after that to make sure that everybody understood that you did not hear or see fists the guy on the top hitting the guy on the bottom.
Good: Both sides made me clarify.
BDLR: Is that correct?
Good: That’s correct.
BDLR: You did not see blows on the guy on the bottom, correct?
Good: Correct
BDLR: Thank you, no further questions.
I don't see why this is a blockbuster. This witness' statement was made available before the trial and it was pretty much the same. The prosecution had the statement and still filed the charge. They have never denied that George got his ass beat, but if he started the confrontation Trayvon Martin had the right to defend himself.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:24 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,551,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
But seriously for a second.

The tide will turn when the state gets to gz's statements and some forensics.

Now back to yukking it up over the state's feeble case so far, while it's still feeble.
Exactly. It's not over until it is over.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:26 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,466,286 times
Quote:
I don't see why this is a blockbuster. This witness' statement was made available before the trial and it was pretty much the same. The prosecution had the statement and still filed the charge. They have never denied that George got his ass beat, but if he started the confrontation Trayvon Martin had the right to defend himself.
You DO NOT have ANY right to assault someone for being behind you asking questions. NONE! That is called assault, not self defense.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:27 AM

39,876 posts, read 26,546,256 times
Quote:
It really sets up the state for a civil lawsuit for malicious prosecution. In addition to a big civil win from NBC and CNN for lying, distorting the facts of the case and editing of the 911 tape, he may get a nice check from the state of FL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies