Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2013, 11:37 AM

6,046 posts, read 4,820,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I haven't looked at the defense witness list. Maybe there's a doctor to testify about trauma, memory, false impressions while in confrontations. Maybe O'Mara imply gz eventually came to his senses, understood the cops weren't his buddies, and started to lie to protect himself. I don't know how the defense intends to handle those things, but it won't be easy.
The prosecution had some witnesses that did them no favors. I think they decided to get ahead of the game, call them first as they would have testified for the defense anyway, get them out of the way. So far it has been a case of gotcha. But, as you say, that won't be easy going forward.

The real witnesses will be the ME and the detective. Sereino brought up most of the things in his taped interviews with Zimmerman that people here have discussed over and over. Its going to be very difficult for the defense to get past some of the Zimmerman inconsistencies. Too bad Zimmerman waived his rights, that was really, really stupid of him.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:40 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Too bad Zimmerman waived his rights, that was really, really stupid of him.
If Zimmerman didn't have a history of doing really stupid things he wouldn't be on trial... he might never have lived in that community for that matter.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:59 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
I don't believe anything so far contradicts the prosecution's version of events. AFAIK the prosecution is not arguing that Martin was not on top of Zimmerman when he was shot. The question is what led up to that, whether Z started the confrontation and if TM was in a fight for his life against a guy a with gun.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:59 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,411,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The point that you and other IAmTrayvon's won't admit, is that Good's testimony is consistent one key part of gz's story --- that tm was on top of him. Neither Good nor anyone else saw the punches or banging gz said happened. Nobody saw gz on top of tm or ontrolling the struggle.

So until what we know, and the jury presumably does not, about gz's specific description of how bad the beating was, the self defense story is believable.

Once the jury starts hearing 25-30 punches, the words tm supposedly spoke, the absence of blood, etc., the tide will turn.

I haven't looked at the defense witness list. Maybe there's a doctor to testify about trauma, memory, false impressions while in confrontations. Maybe O'Mara imply gz eventually came to his senses, understood the cops weren't his buddies, and started to lie to protect himself. I don't know how the defense intends to handle those things, but it won't be easy.
I think most of the witnesses have said TM was on top, but not all of them. I personally think TM was on top, trying to keep Zimmerman from pulling that gun and shooting him. Just my opinion. Even though some have testified GZ was on top, I think the evidence is more consistent that at the time of the shooting TM was on top. And maybe there are some prosecution experts to testify as to the injuries, etc. I did not consider the PA to be an expert, nor do I remember her being qualified by the Court as an expert, but maybe I missed that part.

I've missed key parts of this trial. So Zimmerman's differing statements have not been brought into evidence through any witnesses yet? I honestly get a little confused between the commentary by those "legal experts" on TV who insist on calling jurors "jurists" and what has been actually seen and heard by the jury at this point.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:00 PM

872 posts, read 2,030,393 times
Clearly Rachel Jenteal is a liar, because towards the end of the call, it is clear that George stopped running and was messing with his flash light (you can hear him smacking it) and at that point he catches his breath and is standing there talking. So he would have to have hung up and full on sprinted after losing Trayvon in order for him to be breathing heavy and saying "what u doin round hur".

Also, take into account that if Zimmerman did lose Martin (as he obviously did),then Martin would have had at least another 80 seconds head start to his dads house while Zimmerman was messing with his flashlight and standing there and talking.

CLEARLY Martin came back and started the fight. How could a 5'7" 206 lb man catch a 5' 11" 170 teenager who had at least a 80 second head start AFTER he was already in the distance from Zimmerman. Doesnt make sense people.

Last edited by RunTheDistance476; 06-29-2013 at 12:08 PM..

Old 06-29-2013, 12:00 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Post the one you're talking about.

Also, keep in mind it was a rainy, cloudy night with very little light. You need light on even light colored clothes to reflect.

Inside or outside light would make all the difference in the visibility of any color.
I'll try..

Police Photo

Store Video Camera

Both photos appear to be taken in normal lighting conditions.
As I said, I'd trust the police photo over a video cam still.
Attached Thumbnails
Zimmerman trial begins, right on schedule (link inside)-police-photo-hoodie.jpg  

Old 06-29-2013, 12:08 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
That's exactly what the Trayvonistas are doing, and to bolster their notion, in all honesty the state doesn't have much of a case. All they have on their side is that emotion thing going.

I'm convinced old Angela brought this case to quell racial upset. To blame it solely on the prosecutors is not entirely fair since it's was screeching heads that practically forced them to do something, even if that something was utterly stupid.

Maybe they have a smoking gun they're hiding, no pun intended.

And to think, the defense hasn't even started yet.
Which one of Zimmerman's stories do you believe?

Old 06-29-2013, 12:12 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,039,923 times
To those that think Zimmerman didnt receive enough injuries to justify self defense, would it have made you feel better if he waited until he had a life threatening injury? Though, that kind of defeats the purpose of defending yourself. The whole point is to keep yourself from getting that life threatening injury.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:13 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,039,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I'll try..

Police Photo

Store Video Camera

Both photos appear to be taken in normal lighting conditions.
As I said, I'd trust the police photo over a video cam still.
Martin looks big. Certainly not the small child the media portrayed him as.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:21 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlw2009 View Post
Clearly Rachel Jenteal is a liar, because towards the end of the call, it is clear that George stopped running and was messing with his flash light (you can hear him smacking it) and at that point he catches his breath and is standing there talking. So he would have to have hung up and full on sprinted after losing Trayvon in order for him to be breathing heavy and saying "what u doin round hur".

Also, take into account that if Zimmerman did lose Martin (as he obviously did),then Martin would have had at least another 80 seconds head start to his dads house while Zimmerman was messing with his flashlight and standing there and talking.

CLEARLY Martin came back and started the fight. How could a 5'7" 206 lb man catch a 5' 11" 170 teenager who had at least a 80 second head start AFTER he was already in the distance from Zimmerman. Doesnt make sense people.
The timeline is consistent with TM hiding in the shadows near the T, GZ running through to Retreat View and then returning, and one approaching the other near the T (GZ finding TM or TM approaching GZ).

Perhaps the prosecution has a different scenario in mind. Witness Bahadoor who lives on the east side said she heard a commotion with the noises moving from left to right (south to north). The prosecution seemed to like this testimony while the defense did not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies