Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2013, 08:02 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post

PS: I did have a post deleted(by the mods) in another thread where I called both of them(GZ and TM) dolts.
I had a post deleted by the mod because as he/she stated "enough with the quotes." < ignore this quote please

Old 06-24-2013, 08:02 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Ok so lets bring up things that have no bearing on my question....

Using your logic, TM exhibited criminal behavior in the past, so why shouldnt we believe he wasnt looking to commit a crime while walking through the subdivision?

Sure you want to play the game that way?
Well because :
1. As far as any evidence is concerned he wasn't committing any crimes.
2. It isn't against the law to walk down the street.
3. It isn't abnormal to walk down the street.
4. He didn't initiate the events of the night.
From what is demonstrated He was simply walking home.
GZ on the other hand? Well he broke the rules of the neighborhood watch, went against the advice of the police, pursued a young man who as far as anyone knows was merely walking home. The man in his past has demonstrated anger issues. These issues would lend credence to the theory that GZ was more aggressive than he needed to be. It would also suggest that he wouldn't tolerate any back talk from an effing punk.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:04 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,837,946 times
Quote:
I believe he deserved to die because he was actively beating on someone, putting the life and well being of another at risk.

We are all better off without having a self professed "gangsta" out amongst the people.

I dont believe his life was worth less than GZ's, I think they are both equally pathetic. That being said, given that GZ had noticeable injuries was evidence that he was assaulted, and the lack of any wounds other than the bullet hole in TM shows that TM inflicted injuries upon GZ, thereby making him deserving of that bullet.

Everyone likes to speculate on this case, and just plain make crap up. People cannot leave emotion out of it because they know that if they rely on the facts only, it smacks their opinion around because the facts show TM injured GZ and died as a result.

Just like he should have.

All speculation. You are making it up as you go to fit your narrative.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:05 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,820,009 times
Quote:
I believe he deserved to die because he was actively beating on someone, putting the life and well being of another at risk.
That isn't true. Not even close.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:06 PM

1,137 posts, read 972,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Well because :
1. As far as any evidence is concerned he wasn't committing any crimes.
2. It isn't against the law to walk down the street.
3. It isn't abnormal to walk down the street.
4. He didn't initiate the events of the night.
From what is demonstrated He was simply walking home.
GZ on the other hand? Well he broke the rules of the neighborhood watch, went against the advice of the police, pursued a young man who as far as anyone knows was merely walking home. The man in his past has demonstrated anger issues. These issues would lend credence to the theory that GZ was more aggressive than he needed to be. It would also suggest that he wouldn't tolerate any back talk from an effing punk.
It isnt against the law to follow someone down a public sidewalk.

Advice is not a law, nor is anyone required to adhere to it.

There is no proof GZ confronted TM, in fact he states the opposite happened and you have no evidence to prove that it didnt.

TM was found at school with a bag of jewelry which wasnt his, and was found to be in possession of burglary tools. Those issues would lend credence to the theory that he may have had a larcenous streak inside of him and wouldnt hesitate to commit a theft in that neighborhood if the opportunity presented itself. TM was a self admitted "gangsta" and wouldnt tolerate any jive talk from a wannabe cop.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:07 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:

We are all better off without having a self professed "gangsta" out amongst the people.

I dont believe his life was worth less than GZ's, I think they are both equally pathetic. That being said, given that GZ had noticeable injuries was evidence that he was assaulted, and the lack of any wounds other than the bullet hole in TM shows that TM inflicted injuries upon GZ, thereby making him deserving of that bullet.

Everyone likes to speculate on this case, and just plain make crap up. People cannot leave emotion out of it because they know that if they rely on the facts only, it smacks their opinion around because the facts show TM injured GZ and died as a result.

Just like he should have.

Judging from Zimmerman's injuries and your logic here, a playground fight would be justification for killing.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
That isn't true. Not even close.
Oh no? He never hit GZ?

Old 06-24-2013, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Judging from Zimmerman's injuries and your logic here, a playground fight would be justification for killing.
Ever been in a fight?

Ah wait, just saw that you are a woman.

That explains a lot about your comments and lack of intellectual honesty or respect for facts. You are relying on emotion only.

Carry on sweetie, continued debate of facts with you would be an exercise in futility.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:10 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Oh no? He never hit GZ?
The only thing we know for sure, is that Zimmerman shot Trayvon point blank in the chest.

Zimmerman probably got the swollen nose from the kickback of the gun which was possibly within close proximity to his face when he fired it.

Gun Kickback Breaks Girls Nose

Old 06-24-2013, 08:12 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
No one else was there that night. So far, none of the facts suggest murder, let alone first degree murder. If Trayvon wasnt white, and you couldnt call Zimmerman a "white" hispanic, would the media and liberals had even given a damn about this? Most of them wouldve have said much of anything about it.

Unless there is some bombshell evidence that the State has managed to keep secret so far, I hope he is found not guilty and can only imagine how the media/liberals are going to react.

It was more of the fact that he was able to kill someone and walk out of the police dept based on his word alone without a BAT/drug test or a real investigation that really pisses off alot of people. The fact that the young man was black and considering the history of black justice throughout the south just made it worst.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies