Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2013, 02:32 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,653,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Defense has to discredit this witness (black female neighbor). I am confused as she is a prosecution witness. She lived on the east side and and says she heard noises (running?) from left to right. This would be from south to north.
So..
1) Martin closed on Z at the T (why would the prosecution use this witness?)
2) Z circled the block and came up behind TM from the south.
or 3) Z came from the north found TM and chased him back towards the T.
Are you sure she lives on the east side of the alley way because why else would she be a prosecution witness?

Old 06-25-2013, 02:33 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Just like the FBI can indict a ham sandwich.......a school district could suspend a kid for any reason.

In any case, who or what Trayvon represented was then and remains irrelevant. Whether or not Trayvon was a punk - and if he was a punk, so are millions of American kids - Zimmerman had no business stalking, provoking and shooting an unarmed kid.

Why can't you get that basic fact into your head?
At this point of the trial, I would agree with you. And apparently the attorneys do to, they haven't brought it up. At the point that Zimmerman followed Martin, none of Martin's past does matter. Z was observing a person he described to dispatch as "suspicious". He could not possibly have known his past.

Where it does apply is the actual physical confrontation, and how the jury perceives the likelyhood of this being a self defense situation. What is more "believable"? That a 13 year old kid with good grades and a sweet smile attacked another person? Or that a 17 year old ex-football player, with a history of school suspensions, drug use and possession of stolen property did? One who "posed" as a "gangsta" and posted pictures of handguns?

12,200 posts, read 18,380,574 times
I'm so confused about this lady's testimony.

10,942 posts, read 10,257,854 times
Ugh.

My computer and/or internet isn't cooperating and I'm not getting a very good stream - it keeps pausing and crap.

They're almost over for the day anyway, but if it's still doing this tomorrow, I'll try another link.

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
For the record here. Those of you who are putting stock in TM's girlfriend's testomony making a difference I'll take you back to 3-5-13.

Statement Analysis: Trayvon Martin's Girlfriend Caught in LIe

She didn't lie about her witness via phone call the night of the murder.

Her "lie" pertained to her whereabouts on the day of Trayvon's funeral and had nothing to do with the evidence of the case.

Old 06-25-2013, 02:35 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,469,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Are you sure she lives on the east side of the alley way because why else would she be a prosecution witness?
Yes, third house down on the right of the path (looking north). This is Google Maps location of the street address and also what she pointed out on the map. I don't get it.

Old 06-25-2013, 02:37 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,204,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
At this point of the trial, I would agree with you. And apparently the attorneys do to, they haven't brought it up. At the point that Zimmerman followed Martin, none of Martin's past does matter. Z was observing a person he described to dispatch as "suspicious". He could not possibly have known his past.

Where it does apply is the actual physical confrontation, and how the jury perceives the likelyhood of this being a self defense situation. What is more "believable"? That a 13 year old kid with good grades and a sweet smile attacked another person? Or that a 17 year old ex-football player, with a history of school suspensions, drug use and possession of stolen property did? One who "posed" as a "gangsta" and posted pictures of handguns?
.You got proof of any of that.

Old 06-25-2013, 02:42 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
I'm so confused about this lady's testimony.
The medical IT person? Me, too. They don't seem to have established anything other than it was too dark for her to see anything. Now they're going on and on about left to right. It must mean something. I can't figure out what they're trying to establish. If they're trying to establish that she isn't credible and was told what to say by the state, so what! She already said she didn't see anything because it was too dark. Two people with flailing arms.

They did, however, establish that she has a kitchen window and that the kitchen is on the street level. lolol.

Old 06-25-2013, 02:45 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,653,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
The medical IT person? Me, too. They don't seem to have established anything other than it was too dark for her to see anything. Now they're going on and on about left to right. It must mean something. I can't figure out what they're trying to establish.
It is a neighbour.

If what she says is true, apparently it doesn't match up with Zimmerman's version.

Old 06-25-2013, 02:46 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,380,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
The medical IT person? Me, too. They don't seem to have established anything other than it was too dark for her to see anything. Now they're going on and on about left to right. It must mean something. I can't figure out what they're trying to establish.
The neighbor. I'm trying to understand what it is they are trying to make her remember
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies