Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 10:15 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
Extremely deep Dale, extremely.
Don't blame me, dude. She's not my witness!

Old 06-27-2013, 10:21 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,653,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
Are you kidding me? Granted, this girl is a little (WAY) extreme. I have twin daughters that speak extremely well. One is a doctor, the other it still doing the law school thing.

I would just love for someone to take this baby girl under their wing and give her some life. She's a smart girl, just not exposed to real life as we know it. Heck, she exasperated a high-powered attorney to no end.

She's not dumb. Goodness gracious how hard people are nowadays.
I agree. I don't think she's ever had a lot of opportunity in life.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:22 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,088,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
If DeeDee is to be believed at all, even in the slightest, Trayvon was very near Brandy's house. I don't think George shot him there and dragged him to Jenna's house. Do you have any other ideas as to how Trayvon got to Jenna's back yard?

And George told dispatch that he didn't know where Trayvon had gone.

So yes, Trayvon followed, chased, stalked, walked, tippytoed, whatevered, back to find George and smash his face in.

If the shooting had occurred near Brandy's house, then I would say George followed Trayvon. But it didn't.

/case closed.
The witness early in the week said she heard running from left to right, which would be northward. She lived on the same side of the path as Brandy. She also said the running was before the fight.

Today Jenna said the fight started at the "T" and moved south from there.

Trayvon ran to the encounter with George.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:22 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Don't blame me, dude. She's not my witness!
Get your head out of the gutter. It was the defense's lawyer who made that witness stand up and demonstrate that pose that Zimmerman supposedly made after she saw him get up off the boy's dead body. of him touching the cuts on the back of his head.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:25 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jim Robinson View Post
Listen to Michael Savage right now live. He is hammering DeeDee over her stupidity and labeling her a low information Obama voter. Savage is a psychologist by the way.

Listen to The Savage Nation on News Radio 950 in Jefferson City, MO
Extremely good choice.

"low information Obama voter" Now that's something I've heard about a million times now.

Savage appears to be a DITTO kind of guy no? He's never amounted to much.

I've been shocked by Obama's terms now, and wasn't that enthusiastic about him when he first ran. MOstly what saddens me is that there wasn't a better choice.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
His face wasn't smashed in. Not even close.
Keep saying that. There might be some more people who haven't seen the picture of George that Jenna couldn't even recognize George in. These other people might be able to be convinced that he was untouched.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:26 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,653,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Get your head out of the gutter. It was the defense's lawyer who made that witness stand up and demonstrate that pose that Zimmerman supposedly made after she saw him get up off the boy's dead body. of him touching the cuts on the back of his head.
I know, but even as a woman I was amused. I mean, that's the classic old-style cheesecake pose.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:26 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,016,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jim Robinson View Post
She probably speaks Creole and French in a form of Ebonics too.
There are many dialects in America; no doubt the Creole patois that Rachel speaks is quite different from that spoken by French Canadians in Louisiana, but it's related through the French-speaking colonists of Haiti. The French that she speaks is unlike the language found in Paris, but it's French just the same. The same is true of Ebonics; it's an English dialect. People "code switch" when they talk; everyone does it, whether they're conscious of it or not. You speak differently around your family and friends than you do on the job.

Do You Speak American . Sea to Shining Sea . American Varieties . AAVE . Ebonics | PBS

[quote]
Williams recounted the creation of Ebonics as follows:
We need to define what we speak. We need to give a clear definition to our language. …We know that ebony means black and that phonics refers to speech sounds or the science of sounds. Thus, we are really talking about the science of black speech sounds or language. (Williams, 1997a)
Although the preceding statement offers an early, vague conception of Ebonics, the term was formally defined in 1975 when Williams published an edited volume, Ebonics: The True Language of Black Folks. In it, he classified Ebonics as the
…linguistic and paralinguistic features which on a concentric continuum represent the communicative competence of the West African, Caribbean, and United States slave descendant of African origin. (Williams, 1975) [end quote]

Old 06-27-2013, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I'd love to hear a phone conversation between Trayvon and Rachel.

That had to be some deep stimulating conversation.

If the NSA could dig it out of their servers and release it, it might shut people up about what the NSA has been doing.

"NO! Please don't release any more!"

Old 06-27-2013, 10:27 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Get your head out of the gutter.
I must confess that's my gutter.

I wanted to see her reenact the fight scene in the rain, in a wet T-shirt.

That would be evidence I could believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies