Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 09:27 PM

226 posts, read 230,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
She's lived in the United States of America all her life. Why is English her third language?
Because her family probably doesn't respect or appreciate America and our prideful language that has sustained our nations identity.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:28 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,017,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jim Robinson View Post
Listen to Michael Savage right now live. He is hammering DeeDee over her stupidity and labeling her a low information Obama voter. Savage is a psychologist by the way.

Listen to The Savage Nation on News Radio 950 in Jefferson City, MO

For a psychologist to demean someone that they deem to be of low intelligence is extremely cruel and
unprofessional. It makes one wonder if Savage didn't choose psychology as a profession in an effort to
address negative character traits of his own.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:34 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,399,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I'm a conservative and I fully support justifiable killers. Some people just need killing. Whether or not Zimmerman was justifiable is still up for debate but there are plenty "killers" out there that deserve medals.
Pretty incredible statement right here.

Let me guess, you're not top management.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:35 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,017,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jim Robinson View Post
Because her family probably doesn't respect or appreciate America and our prideful language that has sustained our nations identity.

Sure...out of almost 200 countries in the world, Rachel's family chose to come to America because they "don't respect or appreciate America." And God forbid that this young woman speak Creole, French and English...that might make the many posters here who mangle our "prideful" language feel inadequate, as they can't even manage one, much less three.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:39 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
She's lived in the United States of America all her life. Why is English her third language?
She said that her mother spoke very little english meaning that she therefore had to translate for her. Apparently she learned english on her own growing up in th U.S. I did not watch long enough to find out where she learned spanish or anything about her father. I don't understand why is this such a suprise to you since their are people of of other ethnicities who have been in this country for decades and still can't speak english at all.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:41 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Why is the English her 3rd language?
I believe Haitians speeak creole and I think spanish as well as their native tongues and she had to learn how to speak english if she was going to attend school here. That might be the real reason why she is 19 and still in school.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:41 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
Pretty incredible statement right here.

Let me guess, you're not top management.
I think what he was trying to say is that he supports a justifiable homicide. Meaning if a thug breaks into your home and you shoot the thug.. In this regard I agree with him. In fact I would be ok with the shoot if you chase the thug down the street and shot him. The thug has already demonstrated what he is.
In this I get what the GZ supporters stand for and their position. I simply disagree with them that GZ is innocent in provoking the confrontation.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:46 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
What a wonderful world of Mark Furman you must live in.

I'm totally at peace with the entire world now, at least those that are at peace with me When training at a certain mountain site, I had bunked with a couple of " crackers". They didn't know what to make of me, since it was their first experience. They were about 21/22, I was 34. I decided the best thing to do was to confront this head on.

We went out for beers.

Now if you have any idea of where I speak, you know this isn't a cab ride to the local bar.

I had kids at the time, and showed them pictures. We had some beers, talked, and they became my kids too. We talk on the phone to this very day. Yes, I still call them, Cracker One and Cracker Two. One of the funny things about this thread to me.

I would fly cargo tonight red eye if they needed me for anything. I love them like my own sons.

Maybe all Americans should be mandated to be in the military. It's the very best way to have a UNITED STATES.
LOL I made a joke about Indians and buffalos. I was placed on an all black team to learn some respect. Best leader I ever has was that team leader. By the end of 1 week I was 1 of them and we are all friends to this day. The leader like you called me his white son.
The military is an excellent place to learn acceptance.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:47 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,411,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56789tyu View Post
Oh please.

She didnt sound like an Indian-American or Asian-American who spoke English and a 2nd or 3rd language, she spoke EBONICS (aka, broken retarded english). She grew up in MIAMI, which is a cesspool. Get real.
Yes, Miami is such a "cesspool" that people spend millions and millions and millions of dollars to live there and enjoy having winter homes there. Yep, Miami is a real "cesspool" which I'm guessing you've never visited, especially the hotels and condos on Brickell Avenue, along with great restaurants and shops and a Morton's Steak House right down in the financial center. Bet you're never seen the emerald colored water that surrounds most of the city and the financial district. Great. great views from about 20th to 40th floors!

Old 06-27-2013, 09:50 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,399,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Thats so true. I wonder how many posters here have kids.
Are you kidding me? Granted, this girl is a little (WAY) extreme. I have twin daughters that speak extremely well. One is a doctor, the other it still doing the law school thing.

I would just love for someone to take this baby girl under their wing and give her some life. She's a smart girl, just not exposed to real life as we know it. Heck, she exasperated a high-powered attorney to no end.

She's not dumb. Goodness gracious how hard people are nowadays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies