Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 10:29 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I look forward to your input and opinions. Put the coffee on, it is long....
Regarding West...He wasn't so rude as he was condescending imo
I though he was more condescending then rude also. She sure was making his blood boil. I bet he was happy when he was done with her.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:35 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,029,970 times
My thoughts thus far - This witness (Jentel) just isn't coming across too credible to me on several key points.

Things that I felt she was 100% truthful about (no inconsistencies) -
Trayvon at the mailboxes, telling her he saw Zimmerman in car watching him. Trayvon running. Trayvon seeing Zimmerman again. She never wavered in any way in her recollection of these events.

Things she loses credibility for me -
What happened once the confrontation ensued - Even in her statements today, she contradicted herself. First it was wet grass, then it was rolling on the ground, then what she heard Trayvon say. Not a single bit of it rang true. In addition, she clearly said earlier in the testimony that Trayvon was speaking low and then later denied saying so.

Trayvon's location - that's an odd one. She said earlier Trayvon didn't tell her where he was but then later claimed Trayvon was by his house. Based on the map (Exhibit 1), if Trayvon was at his house, he had to return up the sidewalk to meet up in that confrontation with Zimmerman. In addition, she seems to keep adding more about what Trayvon said as the testimony goes on.

What Zimmerman said - I don't find her credible here. She can't describe how Zimmerman spoke and yet she was able to characterize all the statements before this time. Also, what Zimmerman said to Trayvon seems to change a bit with each retelling.

Basically, the key part of her testimony does not ring true to me thus far. She lost a ton on credibility once the confrontation started. There were simply too many inconsistencies. One other problem is how she 'assumes' things that she in no way could know. Thus, I do not lend any credence to those observations (e.g. how the wind sounds through a headset when someone is walking vice running vice standing still). Based on what I've heard from this witness, I do not consider most of her testimony credible as it relates to the key part (the confrontation with Zimmerman).

By the way, if I were on that jury, her attitude doesn't help. I know I shouldn't let that sway me but it does. I'm human, after all.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:36 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,399,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
She's lived in the United States of America all her life. Why is English her third language?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Why is the English her 3rd language?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I think what he was trying to say is that he supports a justifiable homicide. Meaning if a thug breaks into your home and you shoot the thug.. In this regard I agree with him. In fact I would be ok with the shoot if you chase the thug down the street and shot him. The thug has already demonstrated what he is.
In this I get what the GZ supporters stand for and their position. I simply disagree with them that GZ is innocent in provoking the confrontation.
Well I agree as well. IF YOU BREAK INTO MY HOME, it will not end well for you. I'm also Ok with the "chase the thug down the street and shot him".

But in reality, this is about someone being really PO'd by someone that speaks more than one language.

Stupid people. People that IN MY CLASS, would be su=bjected to my backhand day after day until they bled through their eyes.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:38 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Always drives me a bit nuts when witnesses guess at what they 'think' must be. I am such a literal person. Simply say what you saw only and do not guess.
Have you ever been a witness in a murder trial that is being nationally televised and watched around the world? Wouldn't you feel a little nervous knowing that, whether you are testifying for the defense or for the prosecution, there's probably some nutcase out there who wants to kill you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The more I hear about that neighborhood the more thankful I am I don't live there.
I loved living in Florida back in the late 80's. It sure seems to have changed.
You're kidding, right? I've changed, you've changed, everything has changed since the 80s. Most of us didn't own a computer and we didn't have the Internet. Regarding Florida, the population doubled and it's the 4th most populous state in the country, just about tied with New York. Speaking of that, you are taking one community of townhouses and stereotyping a state with a population of over 19 million?

Old 06-27-2013, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Have you ever been a witness in a murder trial that is being nationally televised and watched around the world? Wouldn't you feel a little nervous knowing that, whether you are testifying for the defense or for the prosecution, there's probably some nutcase out there who wants to kill you?
I know - that was an observation while I was watching the bit of the trial I could catch this afternoon. I missed most of the morning and early afternoon due to work (boo!). So, I'm catching up on that now. I believe the statement above was in reference to the witness with the translator (sorry - forgot her name).

Old 06-27-2013, 10:43 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,089,978 times
One cannot forget that Dee Dee is not a witness in a trial to determine who killed her friend. We all know who killed TM. What incentive does Dee Dee have to tell the truth, if the truth might set GZ free? She may well have a hidden agenda to make GZ pay. You can't really blame her for that, but at the same time you have to consider that her testimony could be slanted in favor of the prosecution.

Her testimony should be taken in with that in mind.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:59 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,017,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
One cannot forget that Dee Dee is not a witness in a trial to determine who killed her friend. We all know who killed TM. What incentive does Dee Dee have to tell the truth, if the truth might set GZ free? She may well have a hidden agenda to make GZ pay. You can't really blame her for that, but at the same time you have to consider that her testimony could be slanted in favor of the prosecution.

Her testimony should be taken in with that in mind.

That's true, although telling what she was able to hear that night has clearly been difficult for her; I don't think that she has the sophistication to testify for so many hours and adhere to an agenda. As for slanted testimony, there is no one who has better reason to lie than Zimmerman. In fact, he's already lied and still people see him as honest. Which darn story that George told is the truth? The written police report, the reenactment or the story he told his brother, Robert? For some reason I get no answers to that question, and I ask politely, too.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:01 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,399,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Don't blame me, dude. She's not my witness!
Absolutely racist, never

Old 06-27-2013, 11:02 PM

Dee Dee = Jentel??

Old 06-27-2013, 11:03 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,017,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Dee Dee = Jentel??
Rachel Jeantel...that's DeeDee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies