Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 07:06 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,411,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
But we all loves that white hispanic speaking woman Selma.

You should move to Miami. You'd fall in love every day. LOTS and LOTS of beautiful women speaking Spanish everywhere. Miami is a city of beautiful people, both genders.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:06 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,089,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Why don't you wait for the testimony of the Medical Examiner (a forensics expert) to tell us how quickly Trayvon died. I'm guessing that Trayvon died IMMEDIATELY, within maybe 30 seconds, given where the bullet hit and traveled in his body. Only a total idiot would claim he didn't realize Trayvon was dead, therefore jumped on Trayvon's body to hold his hands/arms down. Seems to me that it would be impossible to shoot someone at the lose range Zimmerman shot Trayvon and NOT know that you had "hit" him and killed him. That's, IMO, one of the most ridiculous "exaggerations" Zimmerman has told.
The medical examiner can determine TOD within 30 seconds? I highly doubt it. At best he/she could generalize how long a person can take to die after suffering a would like TM had.

I know it's difficult for you to do so, but just this one time, consider that GZ told the truth about TM saying "You got me" or whatever it was. Anyone's thoughts would be, he is still alive and can resume the attack, I have to protect myself.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:07 AM

Quote:
You should move to Miami. You'd fall in love every day. LOTS and LOTS of beautiful women speaking Spanish everywhere. Miami is a city of beautiful people, both genders.
You made me think of the street scene in Birdcage.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:08 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,228,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
If he were still alive when GZ got up, conscious or unconscious, it was probably an almost automatic movement for him to pull his hands back in as soon as they were free. Wouldn't anyone reach for a part of the body that is in pain?
Funny....George out "doing the right thing" but didn't use his cell phone to dial 911 to help the kid he just shot. Sort of follows his pattern of really poor choices during the whole situation. Everything that happened
was because of George's actions. He was the instigator. Guess he felt pretty safe to follow a lone teen with his loaded weapon.

Court testimony first witness......Video surveillance.....Looking forward to this.

Last edited by JanND; 06-28-2013 at 07:21 AM.. Reason: edit text

Old 06-28-2013, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Miami is bad enough that it's one of 3-4 areas that new truck drivers were/are constantly told by experienced ones to sleep with one's pistol within reach when delivering there. Chicago was another as is the market in New York.
I'm guessing truck drivers do not park their trucks on Brickell Avenue, in the financial district full of multimillion dollar high rise condos and offices, and I'm guessing they do not park their trucks overnight to sleep in the front yards of the homes of the rich and famous there. Yes, there is crime in Miami. There is poverty. AND there is enormous beauty and wealth. Living in Miami can be a very nice experience.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Funny....George out "doing the right thing" but didn't use his cell phone to dial 911 to help the kid he just shot. Sort of follows his pattern of really poor choices during the whole situation. Everything that happened
was because of George's actions. He was the instigator. Guess he felt pretty safe to follow a lone teen with his loaded weapon.
He was probably still in a state of shock over what went down. His actions as you describe might even support the fact that the blows to his head were more serious than TM supporters want to believe.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:12 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,396,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I'd like to see a link to law that supports your statement. You throw the first punch, you are guilty of assualt.
It's Florida statute 776.041. Clause 2(a) would be the relevant part. For the sake of argument, if you accept Zimmerman's account of being held down (no means of escape) and having his head slammed to the ground (facing great bodily harm), this law appears to clear him even if he threw the first punch.

Quote:
Title XLVI. Crimes.

Chapter 776: JUSTIFIABLE USE OF FORCE

776.041 Use of force by aggressor.—

The justification described in the preceding sections of this chapter is not available to a person who:

(1) Is attempting to commit, committing, or escaping after the commission of, a forcible felony; or

(2) Initially provokes the use of force against himself or herself, unless:

(a) Such force is so great that the person reasonably believes that he or she is in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm and that he or she has exhausted every reasonable means to escape such danger other than the use of force which is likely to cause death or great bodily harm to the assailant; or

(b) In good faith, the person withdraws from physical contact with the assailant and indicates clearly to the assailant that he or she desires to withdraw and terminate the use of force, but the assailant continues or resumes the use of force.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:15 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,122 times
Quote:
Why don't you wait for the testimony of the Medical Examiner (a forensics expert) to tell us how quickly Trayvon died. I'm guessing that Trayvon died IMMEDIATELY, within maybe 30 seconds, given where the bullet hit and traveled in his body.
Quote:
Only a total idiot would claim he didn't realize Trayvon was dead, therefore
jumped on Trayvon's body to hold his hands/arms down.
Seems to me that it would be impossible to shoot someone at the lose range Zimmerman shot Trayvon and NOT know that you had "hit" him and killed him. That's, IMO, one of the most ridiculous "exaggerations" Zimmerman has told.
There is no way Z would have known whether or not TM was dead. You can shoot some one close range (gut shot) and if you don't hit a vital organ or major artery, they can live for quite some time before bleeding out, this is why you should unload the entire magazine and hope they die.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:28 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
So far today we've learned that the security system wasn't accurate.

OK, then, moving on................

Old 06-28-2013, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
The medical examiner can determine TOD within 30 seconds? I highly doubt it. At best he/she could generalize how long a person can take to die after suffering a would like TM had.

I know it's difficult for you to do so, but just this one time, consider that GZ told the truth about TM saying "You got me" or whatever it was. Anyone's thoughts would be, he is still alive and can resume the attack, I have to protect myself.
Once again, the Medical Examiner is a forensics PATHOLOGIST. That means he graduated from medical school. He can look at the gunshot wound and tell, in this case, from the damage that was done so quickly that Martin died immediately. Btw, that's part of the Medical Examiner's job, to give his opinions to a reasonable degree of medical certainty, what was the effect of the damage of such a gunshot wound made at such close range. I do NOT believe Martin said one word after Zimmerman shot him. The bullet when through the large chamber of his heart and he certainly died immediately. His lungs quickly filled with blood. I feel certain that anyone with that kind of injury, if they were conscious for even a few seconds, would be more concerned with the thought of their well-being rather than making some ridiculous statement that would NOT even be believable in a MOVIE. That's just one of many places where Zimmerman's imagination of what he should say FAILED HIM MISERABLY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies