Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 11:08 AM

226 posts, read 230,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
West is stinckin' it up big time. He's lucky she has some contradictions in her prior statements because he's managing to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory.
West is actually proving that her actions and statements (bad rebellious attitude, lies) testify to Trayvon's character. That speaks volumes of what kind of people he hung out with. West is making her show her feral side, as well en route to show Trayvon's too.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:10 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,038,973 times
Ok, letter and her rudeness aside, are some of you going to continue to stick up for her after she's been caught in countless lies already? Lied about funeral, who she heard on the phone, etc. Complete disaster for the State.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:11 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jim Robinson View Post
Her actions and statements (e.g., lies) testify to TRAYVON's character. She is hurting the prosecution.
I see it another way. The prosecution's badgering is starting to make the jury be more sympathetic to this teenager. He should have made his points two hours ago and moved on.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:12 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,038,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I see it another way. The prosecution's badgering is starting to make the jury be more sympathetic to this teenager.
She lied several times. She only badgered herself

Old 06-27-2013, 11:12 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jim Robinson View Post
West is actually proving that her actions and statements (bad rebellious attitude, lies) testify to Trayvon's character. That speaks volumes of what kind of people he hung out with. West is making her show her feral side, as well en route to show Trayvon's too.
Yes it is sooo unusual for witnesses of friends and family of murder victims to show hostility to the defendant's attorney.

As for proving character, puleeze! Don't let your fantasies overwhelm... never mind.

Redirect is on its way.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:18 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
I see it another way. The prosecution's badgering is starting to make the jury be more sympathetic to this teenager. He should have made his points two hours ago and moved on.
That's what I meant by grasping defeat from the jaws of victory. He takes too long, the point and timeframe get lost, and he did come lose to badgering with the 'approach, confront, hiding' line of bad questions.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:21 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
You meant he defense's, but anyway, none of this will make the jury anything but realize this girl is a liar. Being sympathetic to a witness does not change the fact that the witness is not credible. This isn't about emotion like you want it to be, it's about facts and the facts are, she lied many times. She saw nothing, heard nothing of substance and basically admitted that Trayvon was already home, but chose to confront Zimmerman instead.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:23 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,385,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You meant he defense's, but anyway, none of this will make the jury anything but realize this girl is a liar. Being sympathetic to a witness does not change the fact that the witness is not credible. This isn't about emotion like you want it to be, it's about facts and the facts are, she lied many times. She saw nothing, heard nothing of substance and basically admitted that Trayvon was already home, but chose to confront Zimmerman instead.
It's been well established that Zimmerman was not a Jehovah's Witness.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:27 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
It's been well established that Zimmerman was not a Jehovah's Witness.
Means nothing. He could have skinned cats all day long as a kid, but it has nothing to do with this case of self defense. Now what DOES have something to do with it is that it is now established that Martin was at the back entrance of where he was staying but decided not to go inside, but instead confront and assault Zimmerman. If the jury wants to think that part is untrue, then they must consider everything else untrue, which most of what DeeDee said was untrue. She was even asked if she thinks that TM could have been lying when he said he was at the house and she said, "No, why would he lie about that?". BOOM THERE IT IS!

Old 06-27-2013, 11:27 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I would think that they would use a court reporter and they are just doing a job, they don't care one way or the other.
I feel sorry for any court reporter or transcriptionist trying to take down her statement. My god, does anyone have a real clue what she's saying? Between the very quiet responses, and the inability to form a coherent sentence, I can only pick up about one word in four. Other than rather snarky "yesirs".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies