Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 09:14 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
So what you're saying is some live in the future while others live in the past. At what point does the past just become the past?
Public lynching returning? You mean for black people?
Please tell me you're attempting to be funny.

That's like saying you're afraid burning witches at the stake may return.
What I was saying is that there are people that are still alive during that horrific time in our history and it is a reminder on how some things change and others remain the same. This is something that people that have had first hand experiences during Nazi Germany can relate to. AS for how it relates to black people in general, some blacks can look at this as a form of "open season" on young black men as an excuse for justice. For some racist it is way to legally get away with killing black people and have the law to back them up.

Last edited by simetime; 06-27-2013 at 09:24 PM..

Old 06-27-2013, 09:14 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,399,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jim Robinson View Post
Are you in a black neighborhood?
I came from several. As I stated, now it's about 75% white. So yes, I have perspective. Most importantly, I had poor, but extremely great parents.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:15 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
I came from several. As I stated, now it's about 75% white. So yes, I have perspective. Most importantly, I had poor, but extremely great parents.
I would say you give them cause to be proud.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I've seen plenty of kids testify, younger than her. That attitude of hers I've not witnessed too often. You people need to quit excusing her just because your certain of Z's guilt.
Do you understand the difference between understanding someone and making a judgement of them? I'm not excusing her for anything mainly because I don't know anymore about her than you do.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:16 PM

226 posts, read 230,179 times
Listen to Michael Savage right now live. He is hammering DeeDee over her stupidity and labeling her a low information Obama voter. Savage is a psychologist by the way.

Listen to The Savage Nation on News Radio 950 in Jefferson City, MO

Old 06-27-2013, 09:17 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I'd love to hear a phone conversation between Trayvon and Rachel.

That had to be some deep stimulating conversation.
lol. The very thought makes my hair stand on end.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
It's a sad state of affairs. Obviously, at 19, it's hardly her fault. But she does speak 3 distinct languages, which is far more than most of the posters here that say she's retorted. Something to consider.

I've taught youngsters in countries that spoke languages I did not know. The greatest feeling in life? They taught me their language. I was in uniform at the time, and they brought me into their world.

Never, ever, forget how incredible it is to actually live life.

People who naturally speak english do not understand that it is one of the hardest languages to learn. I have alot of respect for anyone who can master english as a third language.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:25 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
People who naturally speak english do not understand that it is one of the hardest languages to learn. I have alot of respect for anyone who can master english as a third language.
She's lived in the United States of America all her life. Why is English her third language?

Old 06-27-2013, 09:26 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Why is the English her 3rd language?

Old 06-27-2013, 09:26 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,399,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jim Robinson View Post
If he walks and his lawsuit against NBC is victorious, he might not have to work again. He can move to the northwest to Montana, Idaho or Wyoming and live a simple life void of African American's in that part of the region.
What a wonderful world of Mark Furman you must live in.

I'm totally at peace with the entire world now, at least those that are at peace with me When training at a certain mountain site, I had bunked with a couple of " crackers". They didn't know what to make of me, since it was their first experience. They were about 21/22, I was 34. I decided the best thing to do was to confront this head on.

We went out for beers.

Now if you have any idea of where I speak, you know this isn't a cab ride to the local bar.

I had kids at the time, and showed them pictures. We had some beers, talked, and they became my kids too. We talk on the phone to this very day. Yes, I still call them, Cracker One and Cracker Two. One of the funny things about this thread to me.

I would fly cargo tonight red eye if they needed me for anything. I love them like my own sons.

Maybe all Americans should be mandated to be in the military. It's the very best way to have a UNITED STATES.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies