Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 02:41 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
I know that. Thats why I'd like to check this thing out myself. BTW, after more than 20 years in the Army I've shot just about every kind of hand carried weapon there is.
It's not worth your time... It's pretty worthless in my opinion... But feel free..

Old 06-28-2013, 02:41 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
Sorry you should post a "speculation alert" when making such posts. Have you ever been in a fight with a gun? Do you even own a gun? Have you ever been to war in CQC?
Anything we post here is speculation that doesn't involve direct evidence.
What's funny is that a question pops up about speculation, but rarely any that involve direct evidence. But I also did try this out at home, both on the floor and in the chair. So that part is not speculation, I actually tried it. Try it, then we can compare notes.

Yes, I've been around the block more than once in my lifetime.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
Sorry you should post a "speculation alert" when making such posts. Have you ever been in a fight with a gun? Do you even own a gun? Have you ever been to war in CQC?
2nd Marine division.. Navy corpsman from 1969=1971... I have that t-shirt......

Old 06-28-2013, 02:44 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,815,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I go to the gym.. I have for decades... Trust me, Zimmerman is a cream puff...
And thats kind of interesting. I've wondered why he shot someone when his injuries were nil. Then again he is an ex-bar bouncer. Those guys get a bit of exercise every now and then.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
And thats kind of interesting. I've wondered why he shot someone when his injuries were nil. Then again he is an ex-bar bouncer. Those guys get a bit of exercise every now and then.
Many bouncers are more show than go...

Old 06-28-2013, 02:47 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,815,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
It's not worth your time... It's pretty worthless in my opinion... But feel free..
Oh, I don't know. You know how us old retired military types are. Mention shootings, fightings our ears perk up. Gotta know all the details.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:47 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The more witnesses they bring out, the more it becomes clear that Zimmerman was a victim of a violent assault that fired to protect his life. If the state keeps bringing out more witnesses like last few, Zimmerman will get a key to the city and his statue on the park square by the time they are done.
You have no way of knowing what future State witnesses will say. You guys are still "fragmenting" the evidence, as you all did prior to the trial, so many feel that their biases are being validated. Some of these witnesses are contradicting each other, even if you-all don't like to remember those contradictions. There are many things that jurors are instructed to do/use when considering the credibility of EACH WITNESS. You'll hear those in the Jury Charge at the end of the trial. I also believe that in Florida now a hard copy of the Jury Instructions from the Court are given to the jurors in the jury room for their reference during deliberations.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:51 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,529,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
We do know with 100% certainty that the confrontation did not take place at Brandy's house, which is supposedly where Trayvon was when talking to DeeDee.

Why does this keep having to be repeated?

George did not follow Tryvon to Brandy's house, kill him, then drag him back to Jenna's house.

Such a simple thing for even simple-minded people to understand.

It doesn't matter one whit what George was doing in Jenna's yard. He was likely going back to his truck but let's make up stuff, just for fun: He could have been watering her bushes. Maybe he was planning to mow her yard. Paint her porch. Peek in her window. Masturbate behind the tree. The fact is Trayvon ended up there by walking/skipping/tiptoeing/pogo-sticking there on his own two feet. He's the one who followed and confronted George.

All the foolish people who keep harping that George didn't have the right to follow Trayvon seem to be forgetting that at one point, the tables turned and Trayvon followed George. And then whooped up on him.

Good riddance.
Why do you think that George would have went down that path?

Old 06-28-2013, 02:52 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,208 times
Quote:
Absolutely. And thats why I mentioned the recoil of GZs pistol.
As others have stated, it's not a huge recoil from that gun. George is left-handed, but uses his right hand for the gun. Having your hand/wrist in an awkward position like that while flat on your back will change the impacts of recoil, or rather, your ability to control it. Think of arm wresting and what constricts movement, and reduces the force of your normal strength.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:53 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
So true. Even in the face of evidence and direct testimony, they accuse you of watching a different trial. It's really quite hopeless.
So why do you keep hanging on so tight?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies