Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 01:45 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
If the scratches which were shown in those photos were that serious or that deep, they would have left scars. If Zimmerman had continued to sport the shaved-head "hair style" it would be very easy to see that there ARE NO SCARS on the back of his head from those "injuries." You think the jury never looks at the defendant during the entire trial process?
I imagine he could have shaved his head and been able to show scars to the media and the jury. But there is a downside to that. Some bigoted idiots assume any white-Hispanic dude with a shaved head is some sort of racist skinhead. While the jury is probably a bit brighter and more perceptive than some CD posters, why take the chance that they would make that assumption? Let alone give the brain-dead in the media something else to talk about.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:46 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
What are you talking about? Accepting a verdict has nothing to do with how some of us feel about Zimmerman's actions. No verdict can erase what happened and I think you have it the other way around. Zimmerman's supporters will lose what little they have left if he is convicted, kind of like they did when Romney list the election and they refuse to call Obama their president to this day. Some idiots on Twitter don't represent everyone and I'm sure I could find some idiot Zimmerman supporters too, but of course the Blaze wouldn't be looking at both sides. Yes scared, White people arm yourselves. Buy more guns! The people on on Twitter are gathering an army and coming for you! Be afraid, be very afraid!
Careful. Careful, there. That's a threat, and I'm very close to reporting your post to LE.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
One thing puzzling is what someone else brought up was whether the possible recoil of the pistol GZ shot could have caused his facial bruising. I read the report on his weapon and the review of it said that it had a considerable recoil. And that had caused problems for some.

If you look at the pictures taken of GZ afterwards at the police station you will see 2 very small pin pricks at the tip of his nose. Perhaps the recoil caused this? There has been that speculation on this issue (other sites).
Do you get all your ideas about firearms from really bad TV programs? Good lord, he had a 9mm, not a 50AE or even a .44 mag. Takes about as much effort to control as it does to pick up a glass of water.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:47 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Do you think the jury sits close enough during the trial to observe scars? The pictures and the medical reports are all the evidence necessary about the lacerations on Zimmermans head or his nose..
Yes, I know that a jury can see a defendant, especially in that courtroom, well enough to see if there were scars on the back of his head if his head were shaved. Of course, if there were any significant scars, they would show even with his hair grown out as it is now.

I could be wrong, of course, yet I think it's entirely possible that the State is going to put on a medical expert (as in licensed medical doctor) to testify in re the injuries which can be observed in the photos. Btw, how do they get those photos in evidence? Have they already done so, and if they have, who introduced them and through what witness?

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Do you think the jury sits close enough during the trial to observe scars? The pictures and the medical reports are all the evidence necessary about the lacerations on Zimmermans head or his nose..
No, and the morons on DU need mental help.

6,046 posts, read 4,818,446 times
Quote:
Problem for Zimmerman is they are very slight and not nearly as bad as he claimed. Even the investigating detective called him on that.

FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
All i want to know is why the media constantly show pics of Trayvon when he was 8?

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I imagine he could have shaved his head and been able to show scars to the media and the jury. But there is a downside to that. Some bigoted idiots assume any white-Hispanic dude with a shaved head is some sort of racist skinhead. While the jury is probably a bit brighter and more perceptive than some CD posters, why take the chance that they would make that assumption? Let alone let the brain-dead in the media something else to talk about.
Beat me to it... I am sure his attorney recommended he grow his hair out a bit for that very reason... That is also why you never wear jeans with holes in them and a t-shirt to court... Same premiss

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
Quote:
I disagree.. I do agree that GZ has a degree of responsibility, but also so did TM... He could have meerly continued on into his apartment and there would have been no shooting... It took two to tango
I don't know about you, but if I was being followed by some creep, I wouldn't lead them back to my house. Any time I thought I was being followed, I took an extra turn or drove around the block to be sure that I wasn't. Who leads creeps to their house? Trayvon Martin had no idea who George Zimmerman was or why he was following him. I don't get how some if you can so easily disregard that fact and expect someone to keep their cool when a weird man is following them, especially when the weird man was obviously agitated.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
No, and the morons on DU need mental help.
DU? THe posters on there make "Precious" look like a freekin' brain surgeon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies