Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2013, 04:27 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,693,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Then when you are on self appointed neighborhood watch and see someone that you perceive as suspicious, by all means, get out of your vehicle and pursue them without identifying yourself if you are irresponsible and mornic enough to do so. Why do you believe that only Zimmerman had the right to defend himself, but TM did not? This is getting redundant.

It's getting redudant because you can't realize that Martin was never attacked. Martin can't defend himself against someone who is NOT assaulting them. The only person in this encounter that physically attacked and assaulted anyone is Martin.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:27 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Because...

1 - She was clearly being coached...

and

2 - not only was she caught in several lies....she didn't even want to BE THERE!

Do you find it odd that the "star witness" did not even want to be on the stand as the single most important person that could put GZ behind bars for the death of Trayvon Martin, his "good friend" and last person speaking to him before he was killed?

Surely, she was drinking the kool aid when this with hunt began and the nation and media were at ultra-sensitive levels....right? She believes he was murdered in cold blood, do you agree?

Then why does she NOT EVEN WANT TO BE ON THAT STAND ANYMORE?

Because sheis simply not intelligent enough to lie...that's why.
You seem to be contradicting yourself. She clearly was not coached because her testimony was a mess. That doesn't mean it wasn't true. I think she could have used more coaching, and I believe that is allowed. The prosecutors obviously did not convey to her the gravity of this situation, and how one should conduct oneself in court. It's the prosecutor's fault partly if jurors now discount her testimony because of this. Apparently one juror was never even looking at Rachel after she became testy. That's a very bad sign.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:29 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,912,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
You seem to be contradicting yourself. She clearly was not coached because her testimony was a mess. That doesn't mean it wasn't true. I think she could have used more coaching, and I believe that is allowed. The prosecutors obviously did not convey to her the gravity of this situation, and how one should conduct oneself in court. It's the prosecutor's fault partly if jurors now discount her testimony because of this. Apparently one juror was never even looking at Rachel after she became testy. That's a very bad sign.
She was coached and too stupid to adhere to it.....

Admit it, it was too much for her brain to handle... it's not hard to get on the stand and tell exactly what happened and what you saw and what you heard......it doesn't take any level of intellect at all.

She was being programmed....and just didn't have enough RAM.

And I am sorry you can't see it.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
It's getting redudant because you can't realize that Martin was never attacked. Martin can't defend himself against someone who is NOT assaulting them. The only person in this encounter that physically attacked and assaulted anyone is Martin.
Even if he did, I believe that Zimmerman instigated the situation. Trayvon would never have attacked Zimmerman if Zimmerman hadn't been following him. Like I've said before, if someone was following me like that, I would assume they were a mugger or a rapist.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:30 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,385,313 times
Quote:
Because...

1 - She was clearly being coached...

and

2 - not only was she caught in several lies....she didn't even want to BE THERE!

Do you find it odd that the "star witness" did not even want to be on the stand as the single most important person that could put GZ behind bars for the death of Trayvon Martin, his "good friend" and last person speaking to him before he was killed?

Surely, she was drinking the kool aid when this with hunt began and the nation and media were at ultra-sensitive levels....right? She believes he was murdered in cold blood, do you agree?

Then why does she NOT EVEN WANT TO BE ON THAT STAND ANYMORE?

Because she is simply not intelligent enough to lie...that's why.
Why didn't Defense impeach her trial testimony with her deposition testimony?

Old 06-30-2013, 04:32 PM

Quote:
She was coached and too stupid to adhere to it.....

Admit it, it was too much for her brain to handle... it's not hard to get on the stand and tell exactly what happened and what you saw and what you heard. it doesn't take any level of intellect at all.

She was being programmed....and just didn't have enough RAM.

And I am sorry you can't see it.
If she is indeed stupid, that is all the more reason to believe she is not making things up. She wouldn't have the sophistication to only produce details that looked bad for Zimmerman. She has never wavered from her story, although she did leave parts out when she rushed through her phone call with Crump. She also has problems communicating clearly, but her story has never changed.

To me, the defense was asking her things that she had no way of knowing, and again the prosecution should have objected more than they did.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:33 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,884,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
She stated why and I would think that many people including the jurors would understand why she did it.
Yes, everyone certainly understands why she would lie, over and over again...
What is certain is that the jury will disregard her entire testimony when they go into session. It only take one lie to discount her entire testimony..

Old 06-30-2013, 04:33 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,693,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Even if he did, I believe that Zimmerman instigated the situation. Trayvon would never have attacked Zimmerman if Zimmerman hadn't been following him. Like I've said before, if someone was following me like that, I would assume they were a mugger or a rapist.
Under the laws of Florida you don't have legal justification to attack someone just because they are following you. That's what you don't understand.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
I believe they are attempting to impeach parts of her testimony, but my understanding is that doesn't mean all of her testimony is disregarded.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:35 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,912,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Probably because the defense doesn't need to...I'm pretty sure they are confident she sunk the state with her testimony alone. Basically, to paraphrase her account....it goes something like this.

"I don't know what the hell happened"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies