Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 02:32 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,740,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Ummm.. NO...
Couldn't rep ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Here in Florida, we do not have the responsibility to retreat from a place that we have the right to be.

To get a conviction, the "evidence has to "prove" that either he was not in fear for his life, or that he put his hands on TM first. So far the state has not "proved" either of the two.
You can't explain that to these NE liberals. Even after they move down here, they think the way they did "up north".

_________

I'm not going to bother following this thread any longer. No one wants to listen to either side, when one or the other is trying to be reasonable and just look at the evidence presented.

12,372 posts, read 9,344,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
We do know with 100% certainty that the confrontation did not take place at Brandy's house, which is supposedly where Trayvon was when talking to DeeDee.

Why does this keep having to be repeated?

George did not follow Tryvon to Brandy's house, kill him, then drag him back to Jenna's house.

Such a simple thing for even simple-minded people to understand.

It doesn't matter one whit what George was doing in Jenna's yard. He was likely going back to his truck but let's make up stuff, just for fun: He could have been watering her bushes. Maybe he was planning to mow her yard. Paint her porch. Peek in her window. Masturbate behind the tree. The fact is Trayvon ended up there by walking/skipping/tiptoeing/pogo-sticking there on his own two feet. He's the one who followed and confronted George.

All the foolish people who keep harping that George didn't have the right to follow Trayvon seem to be forgetting that at one point, the tables turned and Trayvon followed George. And then whooped up on him.

Good riddance.
That is NOT an established fact that Martin was following George or that was George going back to his truck. The fact is Rachel/DeeDee testified Martin said he was near Jenna's house, not AT it. 'Near' is a relative term. You're just repeat the 'at' in this thread because the defense lawyer kept trying to get her to say Martin was AT Jenna's house and Rachel kept correcting him that she didn't say that. She said NEAR. Near could be a mile or a block or a few steps. Martin had just walked a mile from the store and was in the complex so it's anyone guess what he meant by 'near'. No one really knows---but George---who was following who just before the shooting, so quit acting like you do. NO evidence has proved or dis-proven this point---and George has a vested interesting in lying about.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 06-28-2013 at 02:42 PM..

9,827 posts, read 6,956,618 times
I've fired a Kel Tec PF-9... A guy was trying to sell it to me.... It was about like a ,380 and I've owned a lot of firearms over the years...

Old 06-28-2013, 02:34 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,092,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
I've never shot this particular pistol. I don't know. Thats why I'd like to shoot it to double check.

I am a competition shooter and a firearms safety instructor.... 9mm is on the low end of the recoil scale as far as the different calibers go...

Old 06-28-2013, 02:34 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,428,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I understand your point, but I wouldn't exactly call what GZ had as training as training... He had more training in his CCL training than he did in his neighborhood watch training... Sadly again, two not so bright individuals came together and one lost his life.. While I don't excuse GZ at the same time, he is not the only one guilty of stupidity...
In opening statements the State said George had been training at a gym in self-defense for a year and a half prior to the shooting. I would think that at some point the State will call a witness or two from that gym with knowledge of George's attendance and workouts. The Feds were very quick to bring out that the brother charged with the Boston bombing had also been working out from time to time with his brother, who was killed, at a gym.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:35 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,078,925 times
It may have more recoil when compared to other similar size 9mm subcompact handguns but when compared to handguns overall it's a toy. Your link is correct, it's the Honda Civic of handguns, 5 speed 4 cylinder, cloth and maybe AC.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:37 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,717,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
Couldn't rep ya.

You can't explain that to these NE liberals. Even after they move down here, they think the way they did "up north".

_________

I'm not going to bother following this thread any longer. No one wants to listen to either side, when one or the other is trying to be reasonable and just look at the evidence presented.
So true. Even in the face of evidence and direct testimony, they accuse you of watching a different trial. It's really quite hopeless.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:38 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,956,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
In opening statements the State said George had been training at a gym in self-defense for a year and a half prior to the shooting. I would think that at some point the State will call a witness or two from that gym with knowledge of George's attendance and workouts. The Feds were very quick to bring out that the brother charged with the Boston bombing had also been working out from time to time with his brother, who was killed, at a gym.
I go to the gym.. I have for decades... Trust me, Zimmerman is a cream puff...

Old 06-28-2013, 02:39 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,835,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
I am a competition shooter and a firearms safety instructor.... 9mm is on the low end of the recoil scale as far as the different calibers go...

I know that. Thats why I'd like to check this thing out myself. BTW, after more than 20 years in the Army I've shot just about every kind of hand carried weapon there is.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:40 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,039,252 times
Interesting testimony, Georgy Porgy appears nervous!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies