Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 06:20 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I think that's a very good point. Probably anyone who carries a gun would first think of the gun for self-defense, and not wrestling with his opponent.
but didn't he say at one time that he forgot he had the gun.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:20 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,939,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I think that's a very good point. Probably anyone who carries a gun would first think of the gun for self-defense, and not wrestling with his opponent.
Or could it be that he was attacked without warning and found himself on his back suddenly and after a few blows, then went for the gun... Sadly, nobody knows...

Old 06-28-2013, 06:21 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Do you really think:

1) That he was smart enough to plan this all out as a way of murdering someone and getting away with it?
Hmmm. One of the first things he said was "call my wife and tell her I shot someone". Maybe his frustration level was high enough to discuss it with her and then carry out his plan.

I mean, that's kind of an odd thing to ask someone to do or say, isn't it?

Old 06-28-2013, 06:21 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
If someone was obviously following me, I would call them creepy too. And I would probably add several choice words also.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:22 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
It all sounds pretty darn stupid now don't it?

One thing people are forgetting about. Remember when Obama said If I had a son? Maybe he do.

Just think, the Magic Negro has a son, who has those amazing Magic Negro hands. Everyone knows those Magic Negro hands don't bruise, bleed, even hurt. He was pounding on this pudgy, obese, soft little whitie hispanic guy like a jackhammer in a watermelon patch.

Zimmerman was no match for the Magic Negro. Indeed. If Obama had a son, we wouldn't need any drones to get the job done!
LOL you kill me. jackhammer in a water melon patch??? Lmfao.....

3,620 posts, read 3,837,946 times
cracker isnt a racial insult. whites who are rooting for zimmerman are just looking for anything.

finally, this should be moved to the trial thread.

8,289 posts, read 13,570,586 times
Love how people are worried about what Trayvon said in describing somebody following him! Why does this matter? He was speaking to a friend on the phone and probably was scared as hell.
What you should be worried is why was Zimmermann chasing this kid to begin with and shot him point blank.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:24 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Or could it be that he was attacked without warning and found himself on his back suddenly and after a few blows, then went for the gun... Sadly, nobody knows...
I tend to see it as you described. He was getting owned and panicked or maybe he was enraged. A punch in the face would pizz the pope off.
In the end a man is dead and another's life forever changed.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:24 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,399,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
What an odd thing to say.

Do you have proof he's been in this situation before? Learned from what?

You being critical of people who "are no more able to defend themselves than people with 0 training", yet you blast Zimmerman for defending himself.

So which is it?

He was able to defend himself. Isn't that the point with "self defense"? Looks to me like he did put into practice what he's learned. He didn't fire wild like an idiot and harm innocent bystanders. He didn't miss. One shot. Done.

What more do you want?
True, he is a good shot

Remember when he said he forgot he was carrying his gun? How many have a CC and forget it?

At any rate, he also said he didn't think he hit him. I thought that funny given how close the gun was to the chest.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:25 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,411,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Guilty or not - GZ will be sacrificed to the cause of political correctness...after all _ Martin looked just like the son Obama never had...
Oh, please. That's getting very old and tiresome. NOBODY cares that Obama made the comment that basically if he had had a son, his son would have been a black kid too. I think most of us have eyes and can see, and that was NOT news to anyone. Maybe politics and what you consider political correctness controls criminal trials in Canada where YOU live, but not so much here. The only "political conviction" I can think of in the somewhat recent past was Leonard Peltier.

How, pray tell, can either side or the Judge control the verdict of a jury of 6 women? If George were going to be "sacrificed" the State would be doing a much, much, much better job. At the moment they are not looking so good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies