Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 03:47 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,411,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I'm confident the jurors grasp the difference between 'it could be Trayvon' and 'it is Trayvon.' You might assume she's too illiterate to know the difference.

I don't think she cares about gz. She cared about pleasing the parents, crump, and Bernie. By tomorrow she might figure, screw 'em, they got me into this mess.
And I'm confident that the jury is able to read the witness well enough to understand how she communicates and what those things mean to HER. In fact, there will be a jury charge given explaining to the jury how they are to determine the credibility of the witnesses, which says something to the effect that you use your everyday common sense which you would use in your everyday life to determine the credibility of anyone, and you consider the demeanor of the witness, whether or not the witness had/has anything to gain from their testimony, etc., etc. etc.

The jury, IMO, will be smart enough to see that this young woman was indeed believable, and that she seems to have no interest in Zimmerman or "getting" Zimmerman. He means nothing to her. All that matters to her is that her friend is dead. Plus, my guess is that in the world where she lives, she has to be somewhat tough about that sort of thing, so she really doesn't want to talk about it. She's being forced to do so.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:47 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I agree.

Although, in my opinion, the rights that so many who post here are afraid they will lose if Zimmerman is convicted, I think, will be far more in jeopardy if he walks.

If he walks, I think there will be enough outrage and activism (not riots) that some CCW laws are going to come under scrutiny as a result. Especially in Florida.

Again, just my opinion.
I agree!

Old 06-26-2013, 03:51 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
But to her, given she is not exacting or very articulate in how she communicates, I don't think that meant different things. The lawyers analzye every word for its precise meaning, but it's clear that that's not how she operates, plus she uses a lot of slang expressions.
I suppose Bernie can ask her, Do 'It could be Trayvon and It is Trayvon' mean the same thing ?

I don't think its only lawyers or analyzing every word for Most people to know they're different. You can figure that coming from her they're the same because you want them to be the same. It would be a shame if jurors see it your way.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:53 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,228,517 times
I feel really sorry for Trayvon's parents, it has to be very frustrating to see how this young woman is a bit slow in comprehending, and to know this was someone that might have called for help for him that night. Really too bad. Mr Martin had a very hard time during her testimony.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:53 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,176,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I never thought that Zimmerman was evil. I've always perceived him as not very bright with delusions of grandeur which is a bad combination.

The media tried that with Richard Jewell and it backfired on them.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:58 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,228,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I suppose Bernie can ask her, Do 'It could be Trayvon and It is Trayvon' mean the same thing ?

I don't think its only lawyers or analyzing every word for Most people to know they're different. You can figure that coming from her they're the same because you want them to be the same. It would be a shame if jurors see it your way.
True....Like the male female language differences. Remember.....Men are from Mars, and Women are from Venus. A woman asks a man, Could you take out the garbage.
The man thinks, yeah, I could....but doesn't.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:58 PM

1,557 posts, read 3,307,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I feel really sorry for Trayvon's parents, it has to be very frustrating to see how this young woman is a bit slow in comprehending, and to know this was someone that might have called for help for him that night. Really too bad. Mr Martin had a very hard time during her testimony.
I agree, You could see the look of disgust and despair on both parents faces, I felt for them. Also she was not a 'a bit slow' she IS slow, but to add insult to injury lazy and insolent as well.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:00 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,039,923 times
Creepy ass cracker?! He might be a rapist??? Yeah, cuz that happens all the time, men on men rapists all over... That woman is dumb. Not sure how she helps Martin unless the jurors dont do their jobs and just have pity on her.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:03 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I agree.

Although, in my opinion, the rights that so many who post here are afraid they will lose if Zimmerman is convicted, I think, will be far more in jeopardy if he walks.

If he walks, I think there will be enough outrage and activism (not riots) that some CCW laws are going to come under scrutiny as a result. Especially in Florida.

Again, just my opinion.

I believe those carrying a weapon should be required to meet certain minimum standards of behaviour i.e. not provoking confrontations. I think Zimmerman will be found not guilty because the jury will not be able to conclude beyond a reasonable doubt what the heck happened in the second meeting of Martin and Zimmerman. The gross irresponsibility Zimmmerman enacted on that night should be punished even if Martin was the aggressor in the second confrontation in my opinion. You should not be able to bait someone into a fight and then kill them.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:03 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
????????????????????????????????????

She is tellig it as she experienced it. What is there to take apart? Are you forgetting that she is not the one on trial for stopping someone's heart?
As she experienced it or as she has been led to believe she experienced it?

She's a known liar. And after today, I've no doubt the pros. has tried to influence her thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies