Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 03:35 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,503,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
And he will very likely wear out the jury if he does that. She clearly does not think there are contradictions in what she said. To her saying "it could be Trayvon" is the same as saying "it is Trayvon." She's authentic. She's not trying to fool anybody. She's only very sad that her friend is dead. I don't think this trial stuff means anything to her. She's not out to nail Zimmerman.....I don't think she cares about Zimmerman. She is just sad that her friend is gone. I don't think she cares about legal revenge. She's answering questions because she has to do so. She clearly wouldn't be at this trial if she had a choice.
I'm confident the jurors grasp the difference between 'it could be Trayvon' and 'it is Trayvon.' You might assume she's too illiterate to know the difference.

I don't think she cares about gz. She cared about pleasing the parents, crump, and Bernie. By tomorrow she might figure, screw 'em, they got me into this mess.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:38 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,646,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I'm confident the jurors grasp the difference between 'it could be Trayvon' and 'it is Trayvon.' You might assume she's too illiterate to know the difference.

I don't think she cares about gz. She cared about pleasing the parents, crump, and Bernie. By tomorrow she might figure, screw 'em, they got me into this mess.
But to her, given she is not exacting or very articulate in how she communicates, I don't think that meant different things. The lawyers analzye every word for its precise meaning, but it's clear that that's not how she operates, plus she uses a lot of slang expressions.

13,255 posts, read 12,122,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
guns!
Pretty sad.

I guess I shouldn't be too sad seeing how all the gun threads are focused on inner cities.

Let's forget all the real problems in our inner cities. Let's just focus on guns!

27,624 posts, read 21,118,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jim Robinson View Post
That's exactly what she and the prosecution are out to do.
..and you know "the truth" because you were an eyewitness. Why haven't you stepped forward?

Old 06-26-2013, 03:39 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,250,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
guns!
I agree.

Although, in my opinion, the rights that so many who post here are afraid they will lose if Zimmerman is convicted, I think, will be far more in jeopardy if he walks.

If he walks, I think there will be enough outrage and activism (not riots) that some CCW laws are going to come under scrutiny as a result. Especially in Florida.

Again, just my opinion.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:40 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,997 times
Quote:
I can't wait till West puts her on the stand in the morning and makes her recount what she stated today. She is going to have a huge attitude problem like it was showing towards the end. I expect a total breakdown.
Are you really so uninformed about trials that you think it would be good for the Defense to cause this young woman to totally break down?

That would be enormously good for the prosecution. Remember, hopefully there are no white supremacists on the jury. And there is one Hispanic/Black woman.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:41 PM

226 posts, read 229,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post

I feel really sorry for Trayvon's parents, it has to be very frustrating to see how this young woman is a bit slow in comprehending, and to know this was someone that might have called for help for him that night. Really too bad. Mr Martin had a very hard time during her testimony.
They deserve it. They raised a son with criminal intent who was up to no good that evening. It's a plus to watch her inability to comprehend West examination of her. Just about each answer she gave made Martins father bend over and shake his head............kind of like his son being shot in his chest by Zimmerman in self defense.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:42 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,121 times
Quote:
That's exactly what she and the prosecution are out to do.
At least you admit that Zimmerman is an evil white guy, that's a step in the right direction.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:46 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,777,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I honestly don't know how some can be rooting for Zimmerman's innocence.

I understand that we have a court of law, and he could be found not guilty, but to actually want that??

What's YOUR motive?

Justice

Old 06-26-2013, 03:46 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,118,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
At least you admit that Zimmerman is an evil white guy, that's a step in the right direction.
I never thought that Zimmerman was evil. I've always perceived him as not very bright with delusions of grandeur which is a bad combination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies