Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2013, 08:05 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,056,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
This is pure speculation...
I envision GZ used to a few friendly sparring matches or headlock fights when in school. He meets a young man that has been in a few fist fights. Young man drops him with a punch in the face.
Note: Most dojo's do not allow head contact due to insurance issues. Where he trained might have been like that.
He takes a solid punch in the face. He is stunned, shocked, outraged and scared he will take another punch in the face.
He is deeply questioning how effective his training to date has been. lol
I have seen wannabes where I have trained. They are all gung ho and expect to be overnight Bruce Lee's. They normally last 6 months to a year and quit. Some make it 2 years but not much more.
I have also seen schools that have 2 year black belt programs. You got the money they got the belts. The belt is obviously worthless.
Back to GZ.
He is down and a very irate young man is on top. George panics, he is scared... he pulls the gun and bang.
We don't know exactly why TM decked him. The girl everyone makes fun of claims that there was dialog between TM and GZ. GZ may have made a very nasty remark. Who knows?
In the end it is about GZ and was he afraid for his life or severe injury? I can believe he was afraid. A lot of wannabes let their mouths write checks their butt can't cash.
Based on what I've seen thus far, yes, that's probable. However, at the end of the day, if the prosecution can't prove it, Zimmerman walks. That's the law. Those cell phone pictures with Zimmerman all bloody might be the single worst thing for the prosecution because it helps bolster the defense. If all they had were those pics from the police station, I don't think I would be as strong in believing self-defense was probable and if it's probable, then Zimmerman walks.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:05 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,263,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
This is like recess right? OK, I get home from my day, talked with a few great people, had some laughs. I do my thing, eventually wind up here in this wonderful world online. It looks like with the absence of TV, but the insistence of 24/7 internet nuts, people feel obliged to be as nasty as possible.

I've worked my butt off since I was a little creeper. I toiled long and hard, worked my butt off continuously, to do things right. This is where we end up, really ?

This isn't about a murder or self defense case. And I gotta tell you this. For some of you, I ain't saving your a$$ again from whomever. No m ****n more.

This has nothing to do with this case, let justice prevail. This is about attitude, respect, and WTF this country stands for. I'm not sure what this site stands for really, but I certainly know what I stand for.
Amen to that brother.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
So, anyone have anything to say about the trial itself? I, for one, thought both the defense and prosecution were really stretching on trying to get information out the PA. I also get based on my initial impression that Zimmerman seemed to think he didn't need a lawyer when he was brought to the police station. Not sure why because if it were me, I would have told my spouse to get a lawyer right away. Hard to believe in this day and age, people still don't get that - always ask for a lawyer!
Ask any cop what the first thing they would do is? The answer is lawyer up.
I agree with your summary of the trial as well.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:07 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,673,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
The real question here is, Has George Zimmerman ever been beaten this bad before such that he would have a frame of reference as to its severity. Probably not, therefore he most likely thought it could be the first and maybe last beating he might ever receive. It's not for you or me to decide. It's for GZ to decide if it warrants lethal force to stop it.

Florida law states that;

"Justifiable use of deadly force.—The use of deadly force is justifiable when a person is resisting any attempt to murder such person or to commit any felony upon him or her or upon or in any dwelling house in which such person shall be."

I'm not sure if a scuffle between two individuals qualifies as a felony.

Also, Trayvon had more to fear from Zimmerman than the other way around. First he was followed. And the minute Zimmerman started reaching for his gun, i.e. "attempt to murder" him, Trayvon was justified in using deadly force to defend himself. So to me it doesn't even matter how hard Trayvon fought from that point on, he had the right to self-defense.

No matter how people try to justify Zimmerman following Trayvon as not a crime, it's still the case that until Zimmerman instigated things he had nothing to fear from Trayvon, Trayvon wasn't following him, or chasing him.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Based on what I've seen thus far, yes, that's probable. However, at the end of the day, if the prosecution can't prove it, Zimmerman walks. That's the law. Those cell phone pictures with Zimmerman all bloody might be the single worst thing for the prosecution because it helps bolster the defense. If all they had were those pics from the police station, I don't think I would be as strong in believing self-defense was probable and if it's probable, then Zimmerman walks.
GZ will most likely walk. I hope he learns a lesson in this. Just because you can carry gun doesn't mean that you always should. I hope he learns that following people at night is a bad idea. I hope he learns to let police do their jobs. But mostly I hope all the wannbes out there learn that there are always consequences for shooting someone. GZ will most likely need to look over his shoulder for a long time. I certainly wouldn't want to be him.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Florida law states that;

"Justifiable use of deadly force.—The use of deadly force is justifiable when a person is resisting any attempt to murder such person or to commit any felony upon him or her or upon or in any dwelling house in which such person shall be."

I'm not sure if a scuffle between two individuals qualifies as a felony.

Also, Trayvon had more to fear from Zimmerman than the other way around. First he was followed. And the minute Zimmerman started reaching for his gun, i.e. "attempt to murder" him, Trayvon was justified in using deadly force to defend himself. So to me it doesn't even matter how hard Trayvon fought from that point on, he had the right to self-defense.

No matter how people try to justify Zimmerman following Trayvon as not a crime, it's still the case that until Zimmerman instigated things he had nothing to fear from Trayvon, Trayvon wasn't following him, or chasing him.
Well thought out post and a fair representaion of a different angle.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:19 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,528,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
This is pure speculation...
I envision GZ used to a few friendly sparring matches or headlock fights when in school. He meets a young man that has been in a few fist fights. Young man drops him with a punch in the face.
Note: Most dojo's do not allow head contact due to insurance issues. Where he trained might have been like that.
He takes a solid punch in the face. He is stunned, shocked, outraged and scared he will take another punch in the face.
He is deeply questioning how effective his training to date has been. lol
I have seen wannabes where I have trained. They are all gung ho and expect to be overnight Bruce Lee's. They normally last 6 months to a year and quit. Some make it 2 years but not much more.
I have also seen schools that have 2 year black belt programs. You got the money they got the belts. The belt is obviously worthless.
Back to GZ.
He is down and a very irate young man is on top. George panics, he is scared... he pulls the gun and bang.
We don't know exactly why TM decked him. The girl everyone makes fun of claims that there was dialog between TM and GZ. GZ may have made a very nasty remark. Who knows?
In the end it is about GZ and was he afraid for his life or severe injury? I can believe he was afraid. A lot of wannabes let their mouths write checks their butt can't cash.
Speculation...

tm figured a gay [or whatever word is used] guy was watching him. That's what rachel played him about, not a rapist. TM ran to hide his weed. PO'd about his evening being interrupted, tm turns back to confront the creepy ass cracker. As gz reaches for his phone, pop to the schnoz. TM jumps on gz, a few, not 25-30, punches and head slams, gz's screaming for help doesn't help. He draws the gun and tm dies.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:19 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,108,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
I think if I was wrestling with someone and felt the need to unholster my gun and stick it in my opponents chest I might say, "this is over now M**F**er, get away from me" before squeezing the trigger. Of course if Zimmy would have done that he wouldn't have his trophy - just sayin'.
And during that moment of hesitation on your part the other guy grabs your gun, turns it on you, and too late, you realize you just made an even bigger mistake.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Speculation...

tm figured a gay [or whatever word is used] guy was watching him. That's what rachel played him about, not a rapist. TM ran to hide his weed. PO'd about his evening being interrupted, tm turns back to confront the creepy ass cracker. As gz reaches for his phone, pop to the schnoz. TM jumps on gz, a few, not 25-30, punches and head slams, gz's screaming for help doesn't help. He draws the gun and tm dies.
LOL as good as any other speculation. LOL

Old 06-29-2013, 08:25 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,038,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
And during that moment of hesitation on your part the other guy grabs your gun, turns it on you, and too late, you realize you just made an even bigger mistake.
That would be a foolish thing to do with a gun sticking into your chest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies