Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2013, 08:30 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
That would be a foolish thing to do with a gun sticking into your chest.
It happens. Bad guy disarms homeowner and turns the gun on the owner.
The anti-gun nuts love to bring that up. They make it sound like an everyday event even though it is fairly rare, but it does happen.
You carry a gun you better be willing to use it. You pull that gun and it is way too late for hesitation. You have made the choice to make it a gun fight especially in close quarters.
Now you have that guy backed off 10 or 15 feet you have time to decide.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:42 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,084,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
LOL agreed. He strikes me as that neighbor always watching out their window. Every neighborhood has one.
It is obvious to all except some that he was hit in the face at least 1 time. He also has the cuts on his head to prove his head hit something.
On the other hand TM had no GZ DNA in the places where a prolonged battle would have left DNA. Anyone who ever tried to wash blood off their hands can tell you it isn't as easy as it sounds. It gets in every crevise, crack and sticks like glue. Thats why I believe TM downed GZ with a single punch in the face.
The time line of the fight. I can understand why GZ felt like it was forever. I have never been in a fight that felt like it was a 30 second todo even when it was only 30 seconds which most fights just dont last a long time.
The beaten enough angle. I agree with you once again.
The lawyers. Beating a dead horse is a perfect summary of the trial so far.
Gee, did everyone else miss the forensics testimony that showed there was no DNA? I know I did. Maybe they will show it in the trial re-runs next week.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:42 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
Lawyers for the Martin family now say the case is not about racial profiling or race. WHAT!

An attorney for Martin’s family, meanwhile, suddenly declared Thursday that the high-profile case was not about race.

“It’s not about racial profiling,” Daryl Parks told reporters. “He was profiled (criminally). George Zimmerman profiled him.”

….Asked why he changed his take on the matter, Parks replied: “We never claimed this was about race.”

Really? Then why did Benjamin Crump say race was “the elephant in the room.” Racial injustice was the core of their argument. It was always about race to them. Race was what they used to transform this local shooting into a case of national importance. [More...]

Q. Many people see this as a story about race. Is it?

Crump: “It shouldn’t be about race. But race is the elephant in the room. Nobody believes that if you make Trayvon Martin white [and the Neighborhood Watch volunteer black], there’s no way he would not be arrested, and that’s the unfortunate and tragic truth of the matter. There is a double standard. That’s why race is involved in this case.

It is the state, not Team Crump, that has alleged since the beginning that Zimmerman profiled Martin as a criminal (not that he racially profiled Martin. )It’s good that Team Crump is now acknowledging the difference, but it is laughable to claim their new position isn’t backtracking.
Martin Family Attorneys Now Say Case Not About Race - TalkLeft: The Politics Of Crime

Via JustOneMinute.

Interesting…
Aside from that idiot Crump, how about Hank (the Walking While Black fool), and that screeching Frederica? And let's not forget that Race Baiter Extraordinaire, 0bama.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:44 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
That's why I have given up trying to respond to the people who will never see facts if they are thrown in a deep pit with them and need to understand them before they can get out.
That's why I make judicious use of the ignore button! Lord knows I see enough stupidity when people quote the people I have no use for.

The expression "You Can't Fix Stupid" was never more apropos than in the Zimmerman threads.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Gee, did everyone else miss the forensics testimony that showed there was no DNA? I know I did. Maybe they will show it in the trial re-runs next week.
Opening statements I do believe. The only DNA was a small amount on TM's shirttail. I could be mistaken but that was the gist of it. The prosecuting attorney said they used woulden sticks to dig for DNA under TM's finger nails and found none.
We will see if the Dr. who did the autopsy supports this, as well as when they call witnesses who gathered the forensic evidence.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
This is pure speculation...
I envision GZ used to a few friendly sparring matches or headlock fights when in school. He meets a young man that has been in a few fist fights. Young man drops him with a punch in the face.
Note: Most dojo's do not allow head contact due to insurance issues. Where he trained might have been like that.
He takes a solid punch in the face. He is stunned, shocked, outraged and scared he will take another punch in the face.
He is deeply questioning how effective his training to date has been. lol
I have seen wannabes where I have trained. They are all gung ho and expect to be overnight Bruce Lee's. They normally last 6 months to a year and quit. Some make it 2 years but not much more.
I have also seen schools that have 2 year black belt programs. You got the money they got the belts. The belt is obviously worthless.
Back to GZ.
He is down and a very irate young man is on top. George panics, he is scared... he pulls the gun and bang.
We don't know exactly why TM decked him. The girl everyone makes fun of claims that there was dialog between TM and GZ. GZ may have made a very nasty remark. Who knows?
In the end it is about GZ and was he afraid for his life or severe injury? I can believe he was afraid. A lot of wannabes let their mouths write checks their butt can't cash.
The PA indicated it was a weight loss class using MMA style moves. There wouldn't be any contact. Basically it's just shadow boxing MMA style.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:53 PM

Quote:
The PA indicated it was a weight loss class using MMA style moves. There wouldn't be any contact. Basically it's just shadow boxing MMA style.
In which case a worthless class. It's a shame if anyone puts any faith in such training. They might as well watch a video.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Florida law states that;

"Justifiable use of deadly force.—The use of deadly force is justifiable when a person is resisting any attempt to murder such person or to commit any felony upon him or her or upon or in any dwelling house in which such person shall be."

I'm not sure if a scuffle between two individuals qualifies as a felony.

Also, Trayvon had more to fear from Zimmerman than the other way around. First he was followed. And the minute Zimmerman started reaching for his gun, i.e. "attempt to murder" him, Trayvon was justified in using deadly force to defend himself. So to me it doesn't even matter how hard Trayvon fought from that point on, he had the right to self-defense.

No matter how people try to justify Zimmerman following Trayvon as not a crime, it's still the case that until Zimmerman instigated things he had nothing to fear from Trayvon, Trayvon wasn't following him, or chasing him.
The way to look at it is backwards from the point the shot was fired and look at each action to see where the last possible escape option was not exercised. Maybe TM saw GZ pulling out the gun, maybe not.

Was GZ able to escape TMs clutches before he fired? Probably not. Could TM have broken away from GZ and let him get up, not knowing he had the gun? Probably.

It would have been a whole different story if TM had seen GZ pulling the gun, wrested it from GZ's hand and shot him with his own gun. No telling how the story/trial would be playing out then.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
The way to look at it is backwards from the point the shot was fired and look at each action to see where the last possible escape option was not exercised. Maybe TM saw GZ pulling out the gun, maybe not.

Was GZ able to escape TMs clutches before he fired? Probably not. Could TM have broken away from GZ and let him get up, not knowing he had the gun? Probably.

It would have been a whole different story if TM had seen GZ pulling the gun, wrested it from GZ's hand and shot him with his own gun. No telling how the story/trial would be playing out then.
well said

Old 06-29-2013, 09:02 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,283,517 times
Quote:
In which case a worthless class. It's a shame if anyone puts any faith in such training. They might as well watch a video.
True. But I seem to remember reading that Zimmerman was a bouncer at some point, which would have given him at least some experience in physical intimidation. I could certainly be incorrect about this - anyone know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies