Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2013, 11:14 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,268,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I agree with you, that is, that either of these 2 people could have been killed. However, shouldn't the actions taken before the struggle mean something? If anyone can shoot a person he followed and confronted, that means nobody can freely walk down a street or take a stroll in the rain in his community without every Tom, Dick & Harry who feels like playing toy cop harassing him.

Let's say I'm in the same situation. I'm not a physically strong person, quite the contrary. So what if George Zimmerman followed me home in the dark and I took out a can of pepper spray and hit him with the nearest rock I could find. Should he shoot me to death? Would I be at fault by hitting a creepy looking guy with a gun who was following me when I wasn't doing anything wrong? Where does it end?

I have a strong feeling that the posters who believe it's okay to kill someone because you are fearful would not be supporting Trayvon Martin had he been the shooter. I suspect I'd be reading something like "Of course Zimmerman began punching him. He was a tall Black kid wearing a hoodie."
I agree. To think that there aren't other teen boys and girls who walk in this neighborhood on a regular basis is ludicrous. Walking is normal for kids, especially teens, and 7 pm is early....There should not be an issue at that time of evening that warrants a death sentence.

George even thought he had the right to confront someone in this neighborhood for no other reason than he didn't know them....Does he pretend to know every resident, what about their visitors, relatives?? He should have stopped at the call..........

Some of the witnesses, that live right where George shot Trayvon.... have never seen George before...Would they have been at risk too? The man clearly does not understand restraint or common sense.

What made Trayvon suspect?...That is what is so very troubling. And that is what seems to make this a polarizing tragedy.

The fact that so many people use this case and this scenario as a platform for their own issues. I'm sure they would feel differently if it were their kid, nephew, lil brother...

And, We do not know what George said about Trayvon, without even knowing this kid, if he would call this kid ugly names while on the phone with a police dispatcher....there is no telling what he said when he confronted Trayvon in the dark.

We know he didn't identify himself as a neighborhood watch person....Could that be because he wasn't supposed to be patrolling that evening. It has been reported that the HOA had already forbidden guns while patroling.

I heard Frank, George's friend on Nancy Grace last night speak about having already seen Trayvon on his trip to the 7-11, near Franks home...Isn't Franks home along that same path?

What's the back story? Does anyone else think there is one? There had been mention of a possible 2nd person in George's truck that night....Has anyone heard anything else about that?

These are my opinions....I am expressing them. You may have a different one.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:15 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,048,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Your opinions as a court room observer are far more reliable and interesting than those who have made fools of themselves whilst admitting they didn't watch.

Continue, please. Your perspective is fascinating.
Can't rep you again but thank you.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:16 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,720,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I agree with you, that is, that either of these 2 people could have been killed. However, shouldn't the actions taken before the struggle mean something? If anyone can shoot a person he followed and confronted, that means nobody can freely walk down a street or take a stroll in the rain in his community without every Tom, Dick & Harry who feels like playing toy cop harassing him.

Let's say I'm in the same situation. I'm not a physically strong person, quite the contrary. So what if George Zimmerman followed me home in the dark and I took out a can of pepper spray and hit him with the nearest rock I could find. Should he shoot me to death? Would I be at fault by hitting a creepy looking guy with a gun who was following me when I wasn't doing anything wrong? Where does it end?

I have a strong feeling that the posters who believe it's okay to kill someone because you are fearful would not be supporting Trayvon Martin had he been the shooter. I suspect I'd be reading something like "Of course Zimmerman began punching him. He was a tall Black kid wearing a hoodie."
It is not illegal to follow someone in the light or the dark. So you cannot make a preemptive attack against them. You'd be guilty of assault. What you should do is immediately get on your phone, call the police, and loudly tell the person to quit following you.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:18 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,845,031 times
This case comes down to ideology and race. I havent met one white conservative who isn't supporting Zimmerman, and I havent met one black liberal who isn't supporting Martin. That's why this all white jury looks so bad, as the white jury was biased in Zimmermans favor before this even began.

39,897 posts, read 26,590,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
WHY? I want to see the trial in real time and get my information in real time. Am I precluded from discussing the case because I didn't form an opinion ahead of time?? That's absurd.
The problem most of the Zimmerman haters have is that you're trying to form an educated opinion, based on testimony and evidence. And not simply concocting crazy azz scenarios that paint Z as the aggressor and M as the little teenage angel walking home with his Skittles to help out daddy. I mean, just ignore the fact that M was by his door and could simply have walked inside. Ignore the fact that he left the area of his house to go assault a man who had been on the phone with the local dispatcher and police just a bit over a minute before. Ignore the fact that the darker skinned man with the dark jacket/sweatshirt was observed pummeling Z. I mean, facts are such a pain when they don't support your preconceived notions.

6,046 posts, read 4,828,020 times
Quote:
WHY? I want to see the trial in real time and get my information in real time. Am I precluded from discussing the case because I didn't form an opinion ahead of time?? That's absurd.
Not absurd at all. How can you intelligently discuss something and post opinions without knowing a bit of background re the case.

Perhaps you should continue watching the trial (so as not to be biased as you claim), not read any other comment after posting progress on your observations and post comments afterwards when the trial ends. To do otherwise totally negates your experiment.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
This case comes down to ideology and race. I havent met one white conservative who isn't supporting Zimmerman, and I havent met one black liberal who isn't supporting Martin. That's why this all white jury looks so bad, as the white jury was biased in Zimmermans favor before this even began.
Out of curiosity, how do you suppose black Conservatives and white Liberals think?

Old 06-29-2013, 11:20 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,699,563 times
My opinion, since you asked, is that anyone who watches Nancy Grace can not be trusted. She is a total freak of nature and it's shameful that anyone with any credibility would appear on her show.

I was mortified to see OMara on Sharpton's show.

Why do they do that?

It's sickening!

16,235 posts, read 25,268,829 times
Quote:
First, every bit of what you just claimed is pure and complete speculation without basis in reality. Are you claiming he didn't know where he was? He walked out of the complex to the store, as per testimony. There was no testimony he was unfamiliar with the area. In fact, he claimed to Jentel to be going the back way.

You have no obligation but if we're talking about what could have prevented this? Yes, his going straight home would have. So, based on your take, only Zimmerman was in the wrong. My contention is that we could do 'what if' all day long. What is pertinent is what happened when the two met up.
True....But, they only met up after George made that happen. And, the back way...Trayvon was attempting to lose George, who was at that time parked in front of the mailbox area...dogging him. George was in vehicle....Trayvon was going along the path....a walking path, to avoid George following him in his truck......George had a different plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Not absurd at all. How can you intelligently discuss something and post opinions without knowing a bit of background re the case.

Perhaps you should continue watching the trial (so as not to be biased as you claim), not read any other comment after posting progress on your observations and post comments afterwards when the trial ends. To do otherwise totally negates your experiment.
I think not. It's MY experiment but feel free to put me on ignore. That should solve your issue with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies