Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2013, 04:10 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,571,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
You're right, but if I were on a jury and a man who claimed self defense didn't testify, I'd wonder what he has to hide.

People often compare this with the Casey Anthony trial, but this is entirely different. We all know who shot Trayvon Martin. We all know when and where it happened. Although I think Casey Anthony is guilty, it's "possible" that there was an accident. Zimmerman never said "the gun just went off" so it was no accident. The prosecution says he shot Martin because he wanted to and the defense says it's because he had to, and the jury has to decide based on the evidence or lack of evidence which way to lean. Since "reasonable doubt" should favor the defense, it's possible Zimmerman will be acquitted. But if I were a juror, I would wonder why the defense is so afraid to allow the only person who really knows what happened to be questioned. OTOH, it doesn't mean I'd vote for a guilty verdict either. It's hard to say.
I'll tell you what though. Between the defense attorney's daughter's Tweet and the "Knock-Knock" joke, I wouldn't be surprised if Zimmerman gets jail. And this is coming from someone who thus far thinks Zimmerman should walk on a 2nd degree murder charge. The evidence just doesn't seem to be there. Shoulda been manslaughter instead. Just my armchair opinion.

Gotta love that other thread, though. It may as well be titled, "Horray! The "N" word kid died and Zimmerman is going to get away scott free!"

It's just awful. I suppose if you really feel that way, you have no choice but to hide behind a keyboard and yap back and forth with others who are equally as racist.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:11 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
I find it awfully hard to discern what a "grass sound" is...and I'm sure she doesn't know either.

How would you differentiate the shuffling of feet and rolling around on grass vs dirt? You can't....not by the average frequency response of a cell phone. No way.

Take a field recorder or, better yet, your cell phone...most smartphones have voice recorders now. Record somebody rolling around in the grass...or just your hand rubbing over the grass and render it to a .wav file and drop it in a spectrum analyzer (like BlueCat Freqanalyst...it's freeware). Then take into consideration that most cell phones have a frequency range of 300hz - 4000khz...

This girl was just throwing doo doo against the wall.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:11 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Regarding TM having only a small abrasion on his left hand, there would be no visible swelling due to his body having stopped functioning before any type of the natural body repair mechanisms kicked in.

Also of note on amount of blood not visible - For TM's body size, he would have had to lose around 3 liters of blood, but the autopsy didn't report a huge amount of blood loss. Where did the blood go?

The two liters of blood were found in his pleural cavity, for both lungs, and the cause of death seems likely to be respiratory failure.
His heart also stopped beating, since he was shot in the heart. That too will kill you.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:13 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,386,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I don't think it necessarily matters who hit who first because we don't know how the verbal altercation escalated, but clearly, the onus was on Zimmerman, not Trayvon to explain what he was doing. He was the one acting suspiciously, not Trayvon.

I think there's a fair chance Trayvon hit first with a sucker punch. But after that it became a scuffle, and even if Zimmerman was getting the worse of it, he started the whole incident, and the physical evidence shows he was not receiving a life-threatening beating.

He could have fought back (with his fists, not hisgun), he already had neighbours who said they were calling 911, he knew people were watching, he knew he wasn't going to die in that fight. He chose to shoot Trayvon, because he was a paranoid racist wimp.
Was Zimmerman holding his large flashlight when he greeted Trayvon?

Old 06-30-2013, 04:13 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I never said he didnt. But that goes again to the question, who started they physical altercation? I believe if there were any concrete evidence to show that, wed know already. Without that info, how do we risk putting an innocent man away based on speculation?
If nothing else, Zimmerman was...and I repeat...negligent, in his duties as neighborhood watch person. His self appointed status did not give him the right to do what law enforcement is there to do. He did his duty when he called 911. Nothing else was expected or demanded of his non-law enforcement status. If staying in his vehicle was not pro-active enough for him, he could have spoken to TM from the safety of that vehicle. If he had done things sensibly, he would not be in the position that he is in today and ther would not be a grieving family. Zimmerman has no one to blame but Zimmerman. I think that he is just stupid enough to do this type of thing again and for that resaon alone, he needs to be held repsonsible for his negligence and lack of critical thinking. A stupid person with a self-perceived bit of power is a danger.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:14 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,228,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Grass makes sound, I know that. Not a loud sound though. Phones dont pick up everything in detail. And I dont believe grass sounds transfer well via phone. Maybe its just me, but seems pretty far fetched. Now youre making me want to try out an experiment, but not in the mood to get grass stains on my clothes today.
The neighbor verified the grass sound. There is continuity and a pattern of consistancy between Janel's statements and the neighbors.....whether a person wants to believe it or not...

Last edited by JanND; 06-30-2013 at 04:16 PM.. Reason: edit text

Old 06-30-2013, 04:15 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
If nothing else, Zimmerman was...and I repeat...negligent, in his duties as neighborhood watch person. His self appointed status did not give him the right to do what law enforcement is there to do. He did his duty when he called 911. Nothing else was expected or demanded of his non-law enforcement status. If staying in his vehicle was not pro-active enough for him, he could have spoken to TM from the safety of that vehicle. If he had done things sensibly, he would not be in the position that he is in today and ther would not be a grieving family. Zimmerman has no one to blame but Zimmerman. I think that he is just stupid enough to do this tyope of thing again and for that resaon alone, he needs to be held repsonsible for his negligence and lack of critical thinking. A stupid person with a self-perceived bit of power is a danger.

Did Zimmerman, even by perception, break any law up until the time of the POSSIBLE homicide??

Old 06-30-2013, 04:15 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,386,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Regarding TM having only a small abrasion on his left hand, there would be no visible swelling due to his body having stopped functioning before any type of the natural body repair mechanisms kicked in.

Also of note on amount of blood not visible - For TM's body size, he would have had to lose around 3 liters of blood, but the autopsy didn't report a huge amount of blood loss. Where did the blood go?

The two liters of blood were found in his pleural cavity, for both lungs, and the cause of death seems likely to be respiratory failure.
Trayvon was breathless -"You got me!"

Old 06-30-2013, 04:16 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,846,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
How about engage?

Any protocols on engagement?
Did GZ engage TM when TM begins by asking, "Why are you following me?"

Benjamin Crump, Martin family attorney, changes the story to say that GZ begins with "What are you doing here?

Quote:
An ABC News audio recording of Crump’s conversation with Witness #8 reveals inconsistencies with what was claimed in the affidavit.

Trayvon Martin family lawyer Benjamin Crump accused of lying to court | Washington Times Communities

Old 06-30-2013, 04:16 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Just do like Zimmerman was advised to do - Go back to your truck.
Please, show me the quote where he is told to "go back to his truck".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies