Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 06:16 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
You missed the point of what I was saying. It's not about the brain hurting from the decision of bringing enough bags in the store with you, it is that humans do forget sometimes. To use a bag in the store you must first bring it in unless the store doesn't bag the bags. In virtue of forgetting you would either have to buy more bags or get FREE plastic or paper bags. Which is the better deal?
They don't care. Like most of the eco-Nazi's believe, you just shutup and do what they tell you because they know what is best for you. These people are sick in the head and left unchecked will leave a wake of destruction for mankind all the while proclaiming how caring and helpful they are. A lame horse has more value and those are often put down. /shrug
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2013, 10:59 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Over 100,000 animals in the wild are killed every year by plastic bags. But hey, as long as you're not inconvenienced because you're too damned lazy to bring your own bags to the store.
How many birds get chopped up by your "green" windmills that you global warming bag haters don't give one rip about?

Old 06-25-2013, 11:09 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,208,847 times
Quote:
More hyperbole. Talk to me when I can bring my own disposable, foam rubber car to the store.
"Since cars also kill animals, lets keep allowing plastic bags to choke aquatic life, because I'm too damn lazy to bring my own to the store."
Listen to yourself.
The convenience of not having to bring my own bag, as well a the convenience of not having to buy bags for trashcans at home (which I use my plastic bags for) is more important to me than a few fish. We have much more important problems to focus on as a society than a few fish dying.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:11 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
How many birds get chopped up by your "green" windmills that you global warming bag haters don't give one rip about?
I'm against wind turbines, so you'll have to do better than that.
They not only kill birds, but bats as well. The bats' lungs explode when they're in proximity to wind turbines.
Don't give me that crap about "my" green windmills.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:12 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,208,847 times

Sanitation Twins - Portlandia on IFC - YouTube

Old 06-25-2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkpunk

You missed the point of what I was saying. It's not about the brain
hurting from the decision of bringing enough bags in the store with you, it is
that humans do forget sometimes. To use a bag in the store you must first bring
it in unless the store doesn't bag the bags. In virtue of forgetting you would
either have to buy more bags or get FREE plastic or paper bags. Which is the
better deal?
It's not about a better deal. If you're so confused that you forget, or too lazy to go back out to the car, then pay for a store bag.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
The convenience of not having to bring my own bag, as well a the convenience of not having to buy bags for trashcans at home (which I use my plastic bags for) is more important to me than a few fish. We have much more important problems to focus on as a society than a few fish dying.
Damn! Kill aquatic wildlife so you won't be inconvenienced! Bringing your own bag to the store is equivalent to the labour of Sisyphus for you, I guess.
Pathetic.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:19 AM

383 posts, read 641,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Keep the burlap for root vegetables, the string bag for fruit and the canvas for canned goods. You need another for frozen so I suggest that you keep a cooler in the car. I know you are wondering why I am so proficient in this area...I took a bag class at Tree Hugger University.
You left out meat. I bring my own bags, but I will not use them for any raw meat.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:23 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
You missed the point of what I was saying. It's not about the brain hurting from the decision of bringing enough bags in the store with you, it is that humans do forget sometimes. To use a bag in the store you must first bring it in unless the store doesn't bag the bags. In virtue of forgetting you would either have to buy more bags or get FREE plastic or paper bags. Which is the better deal?
Or just didn't bring a bag. I was on vacation to Austin, TX, in a rental car. Went into a store to pick up a few things, and they asked if I wanted to buy a plastic bag. Apparently, Austin has decided they'll cut down on bag use this way. There was no way I was able to carry all the things I purchased without bags, and even less willing to be blackmailed into the craziness. So I told them to forget it, and walked out. Austin didn't get my business that day.

So I should pack my reusable bags on a trip?

Old 06-25-2013, 11:25 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
I'm against wind turbines, so you'll have to do better than that.
They not only kill birds, but bats as well. The bats' lungs explode when they're in proximity to wind turbines.
Don't give me that crap about "my" green windmills.
Then go tell your green buddies to put an end to the evil windmills. If you support green you support the windmills.

Do you support solar? Why are they leaving toxic waste in their wake? Or do you not care about that either?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies