Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 02:51 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,465,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
that paves the way for other fetish rights, which would be dangerous for many, especially those most vulnerable (children).
Your insinuation that same-sex marriage will lead to legalized pedophilia is a malicious, flat-out lie.

How ironic coming from someone to claims to be devoted to the truth.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:54 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,228,147 times
Quote:
I agree with much of what you've mentioned here and I appreciate how you've expressed multiple perspectives and are thereby are in a better position to see potential consequences. It seems rare that one is able to show true compassion and understanding of people, while acknowledging potential harms of behavior or inappropriate legal action.

Ultimately, people are people - we all have weaknesses, but we shouldn't be getting rights based on them. We should try to "make weaknesses strong."

As you've implied, if homosexual fetishes are enough to justify legal rights, that paves the way for other fetish rights, which would be dangerous for many, especially those most vulnerable (children).
Totally agree. TOTALLY.

I've even met people who have an even weirder fetish. Some, so I have heard, are attracted to dark skin. Can you imagine that???? Seriously, though, they seemingly find dark women or men sexually attractive. It sure wouldn't be for me, but people are people and we all have weaknesses. I sure hope that we never grant any rights based on such strange fetishes.

If they allow this, who knows what's next. My best guess is that going down that road will lead to people arguing that marrying their pets is normal, too.

Oh, I know some here won't get it, but I am being sarcastic...

Old 06-27-2013, 02:54 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,321,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
You wish that "period" meant something in real life, don't you?
Since I would like to live in a moral society with values, yes.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Since I would like to live in a moral society with values, yes.
Would those "values" include forcing 3-10% of the population to lie about themselves every day?

No thanks.

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times
Quote:
Next, contact GLAAD and request their "Gay Indoctrination" brochure.
It's a step-by-step guide to becoming gay.

After that, read "Acting Gay,
Dressing Gay, Feeling Oppressed, and Shoving The Gay Agenda Down
Straight-People's Throats" - which tells you exactly how to most effectively
anger bigots.

I have also heard that "Hairstyles of the Gay and
Fabulous" is a must-read. It even has a mustache section for homosexual
men.

Alternatively, you can apparently just hang out around a bunch of
homosexuals and wait until you "catch the gay."

I swear, people's utter
ignorance regarding homosexuality is just unbelievable
You forgot the tapes that one has to play while they sleep to absorb more gayness through subliminal indoctrination.
And the secret decoder ring.

1,672 posts, read 2,880,525 times
Wow I didnt know gay sex was such an obession for so many so called straight people. For something some of you find horrible you sure know alot about it. I wonder how the anti gay crowd functions in daily life when they are constantly thinking about two guys getting it on.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:57 PM

2,468 posts, read 3,132,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Really? Are these things you think about also when becoming "sexually" aroused yourself? Bottom line is attraction! Also a "fetish" is a particular sexual practice that one seeks pleasure in unlike heterosexuality or homosexuality which has to do with attraction.
You are trying to equate the factors you listed as to why someone is homosexual when in reality many people have gone through the same things! So we should have a lot more Gays then judging by your criteria!
You seem to lack understanding and have jumped to conclusions based on your lack of understanding.

Quote:
Honesty first - getting the real truth out there so sickness isn't spread ignorantly, but acknowledged and treated as sickness.

There are many solutions because it's a complicated issue, us human beings being complicated in our physiology and psychology interaction.
Each person is not the same and each may have developed homosexual fetishes for different reasons.

Many have overcome homosexual fetishes and a survey of such men have listed common issues to address:

-Father-Son Relationship Problems
-Conflict with Male Peers
-Mother-son relationship - smothering
-Sexual Abuse
-Other Sexual Experiences
-Personality Traits
http://www.peoplecanchange.com/change/causes.php
Note: for women, factors differ; research is less on women with homosexual fetishes, since there are more cases of bi-sexuality.
That list is from men who have overcome or were in the process of overcoming homosexual fetishes.
You suggesting it turns me on is ridiculous, besides illogical. But maybe a form of projection.

If one with homosexual fetishes had no desire to do anything sexual with someone - and it was all platonic, then one wouldn't have homosexual attraction.

"Fetish: any object or nongenital part of the body that causes a habitual erotic response or fixation."
Fetish | Define Fetish at Dictionary.com

So, intercourse between a man and a woman consist of genitals, but 2 men or 2 women have genitals that don't match, so they resort to "non-genital" substitutes - fetishes.

I know, it's pretty pathetic to realize one has been pushing for rights based on fetishes.
It's even more pathetic to continue doing so when one realizes the likely harm it will cause children if other fetishes are legally supported.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:57 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,321,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I love how they mock religious people when they live under the umbrella of protection that Christians and Jews built for them in this country. If not for the values of moral people of the past there would not have been a constitution that guarantees freedom and the pursuit of happiness that they are warping in their favor.

I wonder how the people who founded and built this country and made it what it is would stand on this subject? I wonder when the people will wake up and take this country back from this wacky fringe that seems to be getting their way lately?
And you don't even have to go back that far. Go back to the 1930s, 1940s or 1950s and ask people, "Do you think one man should be able to 'marry' another man. Or one woman 'marry' another woman" and the reaction you would have gotten would be like you just dropped in from outer space!

Old 06-27-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
It's even more pathetic to continue doing so when one realizes the likely harm it will cause children if other fetishes are legally supported.
Your insinuation that same-sex marriage will lead to legalized pedophilia is a malicious, flat-out lie.

How ironic coming from someone to claims to be devoted to the truth.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:58 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
What exactly are "gay rights"?
Do they differ from human rights?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies