Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 03:51 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,391,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Homosexuality is a disorder which has both genetic and environmental causes. Just like bipolar disorder, etc.
Lol, no it's not like bipolar disorder, etc. There is no evidence of specific and verifiable harm in homosexuality in and of itself, whereas actual disorders, such as bipolar, are defined as specific harms.

Do you see now? Something having either genetic or environmental causes does not mean it is a disorder! You need more.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:52 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,321,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Would those "values" include forcing 3-10% of the population to lie about themselves every day?

No thanks.
I think you know what values I mean. And morals.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:53 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Among young people conditioned and educated in a liberal democracy you will always have the odd lone wolf...the one where the conditioning did not take. I see groups of very tolerant liberally trained kids walking in bands in the city of Toronto - they are a new breed...and they tolerate and get along with all types ...which is wonderful...except for one defective trait...few of them can tell the difference between a bad and deviant person and a good one. For this they will eventually pay a personal price. I like what the liberal experiment has done for young people in my city...for the most part the experiment is a success.....problem is few of these overly tolerant kids are street wise...and the world at large is not as gentle as urban Toronto.

There is another thing I noticed about these liberally trained kids...most are from upper class and middle class families where they would have been taught good values regardless...most of the grandparents were Christians..and the effect of real liberalism has trickled down a few generations.

Again - It must be mentioned that there are still sinister people out there...not all supposedly respectable straights are good people...and there are pockets in the gay community who are absolutely sinister....A young person is naive if they fully think "It's all good"...

You're REALLY trying to work this "social conditioning" angle, huh?

Every other post trying to promote your cute little theory.

Please, continue. Write a book about it. Guaranteed someone from the FRC will buy it, then posters on CD will start citing to it! The great and learned social scientist and psychologist, Oleg Bach!

Old 06-27-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Why stop the questions there? "Do you think a wife should be allowed to turn down sex with her husband?" would have a few people baffled. Of course she couldn't do that! Or "Do you think different races can share the same school?" - that one had some ferocious debate, as you may recall. Or how about "Can black people serve in the same militray units as whites?" - it was a ridiculous concept, unit cohesion would never survive that.

We have moved on.
We have moved down. And we will move even lower as this Age of Insanity continues.

Race and homosexuals are two different things. Try not to compare the two.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:00 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,228,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Homosexuality is a disorder which has both genetic and environmental causes. Just like bipolar disorder, etc.

Some disorders are considered normal in some cultures.
Ah, that's VERY interesting.

Of course, we happen to be in the USA and in this country, we diagnose mental disorders by using the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders issued by the APA. Psychological Disorders are sort of their thing, you know?!

Despite your assertion, homosexuality does NOT show up as a disorder in the DSM-V. It hasn't been listed as a disorder since the mid 1970's... Surely, if evidence had emerged that homosexuality is a disorder, the APA would, by now, have re-listed it as such.

Have you submitted your findings to the APA so that they can revise the DSM? Surely, someone of your caliber and expertise must be heard.

Or were you just blowing smoke out of your caboose? But of course you were... You are nothing more than a self-proclaimed internet expert who hasn't excelled at anything other than self-delusion.

Incidentally, Delusions of Grandeur ARE delineated in the DSM-V as a subtype of delusional disorders.

My guess:

Under-educated, over-opinionated!

Last edited by Fuselage; 06-27-2013 at 04:25 PM..

Old 06-27-2013, 04:02 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,473,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
The only ones bringing up pedophelia becoming legal are the christians claiming it is the agenda of gays.
I'm not a practicing Catholic.

And I'm far more tolerant of homosexuality than most Muslims.

For example, I would probably marry someone like her when gay marriage is passed. Maybe. I'd be open to it. As I'm "open minded." But I mainly desire no bride, no one to be married too.

miriam rivera vid#1 - YouTube

But since you did not state "Muslim" you might possibly be a liberal that politically aligns himself with Muslims that condemn homosexuality and maybe e even support stoning women for adultery, because you want to see anything associated with Christianity humiliated, hit with straps, laughed at, mocked, and sent to the cross of death.

Quote:
Baloney and another strawman used to justify hating us and discriminating against us.
I gave no straw man as I never implied nor stated one ought oppose homosexual marriage because it will lead to pedophile marriages.

What I stated was that homosexual marriage will not be enough for liberals (not a cause) and they will have to seek a bigger fix. That fix I foresee coming in the form of decriminalizing pedophilia. And after that seeking the fix of a marriage equality act for pedophiles.

Quote:
Just so you know, most pedophiles are adult men who have no interest in adult men, just prepubescent boys and girls. It is sick to equate gays with pedophiles just so your agenda of hate can go on.
I never said nor implied most pedophiles are gay or like grown men.

And I never equated homosexuality with pedophilia.

How many times are you going to through around the term "sick" and "hate."

Nota bene:
I never called homosexuals, heterosexuals, or pedophiles "sick."

Think of it this way:

If topless beaches became legal all over the United States for women (I wish, right?), that would be okay for liberal for a while, but sooner or later that will not suffice as a fix, they'll have to get total nude beaches as the norm--and legal--all over the United States.

How can you be liberal if there is nothing for you to rebel against or try to tear down?

How can you be conservative if there is nothing for you to conserve?

The scary thing is just being human.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:07 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,465,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I think you know what values I mean. And morals.
I think you mean the sort of values and morals that would force the entire gay population back into the closet.

No thanks.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:21 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,264,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post

Chielgirl, the fact that you are posting on this forum, instead of doing countless other things, "proves" that posting on this forum was your ultimate concern at that moment.
Oh bwahahahahahahaha, then what are you doing here?

Old 06-27-2013, 04:39 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,228,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Oh bwahahahahahahaha, then what are you doing here?
I know... went straight over his head with a big wooosh.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
I think you mean the sort of values and morals that would force the entire gay population back into the closet.

No thanks.
However you see it. I will keep my morals and values, thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies