Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 08:19 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Not "whining" about it. Making a point.
The point is that SOME PEOPLE call others names. NO one side does so more than the other.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Changing the subject, I see? It doesn't make homosexuality accepted or any less forbidden.

Back to what I posted, I will repeat: homosexuality is forbidden in the Bible, so if anyone thinks that homosexual "marriage" would be okay is wrong.
I don't care, and neither do the laws of this country.

Gotta love those pick and choose "christians"

Old 06-27-2013, 08:23 PM

596 posts, read 730,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
That little fact doesn't seem to matter to some. The Bible and religion are the be all, end all to all questions and issues. I've been married for years - and it had absolutely nothing to do with religion. Just imagine...
You filthy heathen!! Are you sure you're even "really" married?

Old 06-27-2013, 08:27 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Agree, not one single reason but a group of of reasons why one is disgusted by homosexuality and it doesn't come out of the reasons you have listed. It comes about by educating one's self about the health risks and good grief, sodomy! If you actually go and read the medical articles, especially those on mental health and the long term effects of sodomy, you too will be disgusted. I nearly vomited just reading the health warnings given by medical professionals. But, if you all don't mind that.........it isn't your life.

Best I can tell is the right for gays to shove flyers in your face, call you names for not supporting them without any response because that makes you a "closeted" gay just yearning to commit sodomy with them. They seem to believe that when you look at them you know they commit sodomy so you won't rent them an apartment, give them a job, etc.

I have no issue with legalizing their acts of sodomy so that they can get whatever financial benefits, they claim tax relief. A contract is a contract and they can call it anything they want.
Why the obsession with sodomy? Lesbians generally don't even do that, and IIRC approximately half (or more) of gay MEN don't either - meanwhile, it's a fairly common act for heterosexuals. Matter of fact, if you're going on sheer numbers alone, something like 95% of the sodomy in this country is being performed by straight male/female couples. This isn't about a specific sex act, since there isn't a single act that is exclusive to homosexuals. Why is it always about sex for some people? That being said, at least you're able to separate your personal feelings from the legal and fair aspects of this debate. So for that, I do give you kudos.

And to the OP, if you don't want to read their flyers don't. I have no interest in reading the Jesus flyers stuck under my door about once a month, but you don't see me whining like a baby over it! I simply throw them in the garbage, no harm done. Now if they'd learn to simply stick it on the door, instead of knocking and waking me up (I work nights and my dog will bark if somebody knocks), I'd have absolutely ZERO problems with their proselytizing. Maybe because you're young, you just haven't figured out that it's okay to have your own opinions on things - and if someone disagrees, screw 'em.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Changing the subject, I see? It doesn't make homosexuality accepted or any less forbidden.

Back to what I posted, I will repeat: homosexuality is forbidden in the Bible, so if anyone thinks that homosexual "marriage" would be okay is wrong.
I'm sorry, I didn't realize this country's laws were based on the Christian Bible... can you please point us to where it states that in the Constitution? I also didn't realize 100% of Americans were Christian, so please show us that statistic too. Thanks!

Old 06-27-2013, 08:34 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,286,027 times
Quote:

The bible's not a factor in my deciding if something would be okay or not, though. Weird, I know.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It's a tragedy. Honestly I don't think I can possibly have more contempt for a man than I do for Justice Kennedy. Good triumphs over evil and this sick agenda will be stamped out in due time.
Lolz. I have to admit, it's been a BLAST reading through the posts today, and watching all of your virtual heads explode. I swear, there's a cloud of smoke over the Bible Belt this week... and I'm loving every minute of it!!

Sad thing is, you've shown me nothing but anti-Christian values through your posts on this forum. But you have the gall to call other people nasty names? If there is a G-d, I think he will judge you as a sinner before a kindhearted homosexual. Go ahead, wag your judgmental finger and call me something nasty now - that is what today's supposedly "good Christians" do, huh? Of course, the REALLY good Christians I know would agree with me on these points. But whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:36 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,228,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
You filthy heathen!! Are you sure you're even "really" married?
Of course not. My marriage wasn't approved by God and thus, is clearly not a real marriage. Duh.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
The bible's not a factor in my deciding if something would be okay or not, though. Weird, I know.
What? You don't base all of your decisions on the writings of men from a different culture 2000 years ago?
How dare you!

Old 06-27-2013, 08:39 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,001,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
This is just a repeat of history. Societies get morally decadent as time goes on, then falls, and the people rediscover their morality at some point
We're looking at another Sodom & Gomorrah.

Society has failed, God will prevail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies