Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 04:31 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,532,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The millennials are social libs but are turning into fiscal cons as they are increasing shoulder with carrying everyone elses bags so to speak.

IMO, the first party to split the difference and stake out a socially tolerant but fiscally responsible platform is going to be quite strong over the next 30-40 years.
you are correct. the ramifications of this latest SCOTUS decision will be felt in dollars soon enough. those that will bear the burden will probably buckle under the strain. I think the millenials will probably end up defunding the federal government, by choice. this decision may well cause what is now the US federal system to fracture into four or five autonomous states.

the monumental costs of this and a slew of other misguided policies commencing with the roosevelt administration are coming home to roost.

the twentieth century was a colossal failure for the idea that was america.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:39 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,947,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadeguy View Post
you are correct. the ramifications of this latest SCOTUS decision will be felt in dollars soon enough. those that will bear the burden will probably buckle under the strain. I think the millenials will probably end up defunding the federal government, by choice. this decision may well cause what is now the US federal system to fracture into four or five autonomous states.

the monumental costs of this and a slew of other misguided policies commencing with the roosevelt administration are coming home to roost.

the twentieth century was a colossal failure for the idea that was america.
I wish that you name a US century that was more beneficial for not only the nation but the world. Your doom and gloom is evidently a post-decision depression.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:51 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,201,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
I'm sorry the OP fears succumbing to the "gay influence."

And, of course, the "gay agenda" is nothing more than the hope for equality...
I can remember when I was a young man that no small amount of young people, even in the university where I went in the North, had the same attitude as the OP's, but regarding civil rights for black Americans.

Not all conservative or reactionary persons are "old people" by any means.

If you look at news films taken in the Fifties and Sixties of demonstrations or attacks against black civil rights the people involved are by and large younger, not old. It is the same with anti-gay demonstrations, they are packed with young people. The OP is representative of no small minority.

Gay people, IMO, are quite foolish in feeling certain that time is on their side in the U.S. because Youth is on their side. When the poop hits the propeller in the U.S. again as it did twice during the administration of George W. Bush, I think you will find that the most violent and disruptive elements will be the younger cohort of the population. And gay people will find the same degree of active hatred manifested against them as during the Eighties and the AIDS epidemic, and probably far worse.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:25 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,302,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
I can remember when I was a young man that no small amount of young people, even in the university where I went in the North, had the same attitude as the OP's, but regarding civil rights for black Americans.

Not all conservative or reactionary persons are "old people" by any means.

If you look at news films taken in the Fifties and Sixties of demonstrations or attacks against black civil rights the people involved are by and large younger, not old. It is the same with anti-gay demonstrations, they are packed with young people. The OP is representative of no small minority.

Gay people, IMO, are quite foolish in feeling certain that time is on their side in the U.S. because Youth is on their side. When the poop hits the propeller in the U.S. again as it did twice during the administration of George W. Bush, I think you will find that the most violent and disruptive elements will be the younger cohort of the population. And gay people will find the same degree of active hatred manifested against them as during the Eighties and the AIDS epidemic, and probably far worse.

So your saying that the rapidly growing support for gay rights is going to eventually turn and support will go way the opposite direction? And for what reason would that be?

Old 06-28-2013, 05:33 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,431,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post

So your saying that the rapidly growing support for gay rights is going to eventually turn and support will go way the opposite direction? And for what reason would that be?
They have won. They don't need any support. They can now go away, live their lives, and leave the rest of us in peace.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:39 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,255,779 times
I've had people come up and try to slap me in the face.
but give it time, so called "hate speech" or speech that differs from yours will be deemed a serious hate crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Is anyone threatening to attack you physically or throw you in jail if you don't?

Old 06-28-2013, 05:40 AM

you yourself are ignorant and hateful. so how can you label others?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Yes, absolutely.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
This is your problem right here.
taken from the liberal playbook.
discredit the source right away.

Quote:
Why are you so obsessed with anal sex?

A 2011 study published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine reported on the sexual behaviors of a national U.S. sample of 24,787 gay and bisexual men recruited online. In the survey, participants were asked to describe the details of their most recent sexual event with a male partner.

Here are the results:

The single most commonly reported behavior was kissing on the mouth (74.5%), followed closely by oral sex (72.7%) and mutual masturbation (68.4%). Contrary to popular belief, only about one-third of men in the sample reported engaging in anal sex (37.2%). Of those individuals who engaged in anal sex, about half reported that they used a condom.

And while we’re on the subject of anal sex, what percentage of straight men do you think have engaged in anal sex at least once? 5 percent? 10 percent? 25 percent? According to the CDC’s (U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention) National Health Statistic Report, 44 percent of straight men and 36 percent of straight women have engaged in anal sex at least once in their lifetime. I never knew anal sex was so common among the straight crowd. Is this the new fad for birth control or something?

In 2000, a survey of heterosexuals indicated that up to 22% had engaged in anal sex within a month of the survey.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...singly-popular

Oh yeah: The incidence of anal sex among lesbians (who make up 50% of the gay population) is 0%.

obsessed with anal sex? Again, liberals love to project.
and yet it doesn't talk about the dangers of anal sex.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:45 AM

ummm....being molested?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
How would anybody learn to be gay? LOL

Old 06-28-2013, 05:53 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,532,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I wish that you name a US century that was more beneficial for not only the nation but the world. Your doom and gloom is evidently a post-decision depression.
the idea of america began a downhill slide almost from the onset. the momentum began to be noticeable to even the most casual observer by the mid nineteenth century and really began to supersonic with FDR. I'm not by any mean depressed by any decision made in DC. I'm a realist and reality will soon catch us all equally. those like you will not even notice. clues blow by you and you remain unaware......it's in your nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies