Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 05:22 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthsideTillIDie View Post
What is up with the mentality? People go crazy when a 20 something guy like me doesn't support the gay movement as if it is absolutely required for anyone under 30 to succumb to the gay influence. Like people in their 20's and under don't have a choice to make up their mind. It's like everytime the gays are handing out fliers around town, they make sure to give one to people in their 20's and below like, "you're young you MUST support us", dude get the *** out of my face. My college campus is also flooded with this too. It's like the gay movement is trying to monopolize the views of my generation by trying to create the image that resistance to the gay agenda is an "old person" thing. 20's something men and women have to be down with this, really? Being young in the midst of this gay agenda is TOUGH, the pressure, the influence,it's just gets too much sometimes. Sometimes it feels overwhelming. Older people don't know what we're going through. Some of us young people just want to be left alone and they KEEP bothering us relentlessly.
You are young. You will hopefully live a long and happy life. In doing so, I would hope you would learn to go with the flow...

That means go about your business, and when someone tries to hand you something/ argue thier point/expect you to understand their point...smile and say no thank you.

Believe anything you want. Dont agree with anyone you dont...But if you go ALL the way thru life butting heads...and angry, you are gonna miss a lot.

If you allow others to control your day, then you are allowing others to determin your life.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:25 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,267,455 times
Quote:
What is up with the mentality? People go crazy when a 20 something guy like me doesn't support the gay movement as if it is absolutely required for anyone under 30 to succumb to the gay influence. Like people in their 20's and under don't have a choice to make up their mind. It's like everytime the gays are handing out fliers around town, they make sure to give one to people in their 20's and below like, "you're young you MUST support us", dude get the *** out of my face. My college campus is also flooded with this too. It's like the gay movement is trying to monopolize the views of my generation by trying to create the image that resistance to the gay agenda is an "old person" thing. 20's something men and women have to be down with this, really? Being young in the midst of this gay agenda is TOUGH, the pressure, the influence,it's just gets too much sometimes. Sometimes it feels overwhelming. Older people don't know what we're going through. Some of us young people just want to be left alone and they KEEP bothering us relentlessly.
Trust me, Older people like me...I am 65...know exactly what you are going through only we don't get approached anymore because we have chosen to walk away from all this CRAP. My deal with these Gay folks passing stuff out is that my whole life I have been hetrosexual..like men..always have, always will. Never in my lifetime have I passed out a flier that "touts" my preference for men or the fact that I am hetrosexual. Why do these Gay people have to blast their sexual preference all over the media, in the fliers they pass out and in the demonstrations they pull on the streets of our cities?? Ridiculous.
I don't give a RATS BEHIND who people sleep with just don't push your propaganda in anyones face.
Now, if as a young person this "agenda" bothers you..tell the gay person pushing that flier in your face to keep his "paperwork"; you are not interested in who he sleeps with and walk away. The more fuss you make the bigger the reason for them to push their agenda!!
Often times turning your back on unwanted pressure and walking away from an unwanted situation is enough to stop that particular AGENDA from being pushed. Good Luck with this. It goes on everywhere now and it just isn't right. My opinion only.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:26 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
I'm sorry the OP fears succumbing to the "gay influence."

And, of course, the "gay agenda" is nothing more than the hope for equality.

We should remember a couple of facts:

There is not one single reason whatsoever to oppose same sex marriage or be offended, threatened or disgusted by homosexuality that doesn't arise from fear, hate, bigotry, ignorance, or some combinaiton of those things. Not one.

To preclude adult consensual couples from marrying based solely on their gender is the very definition of discrimination and bigotry.

Why? Because you say so? You can continue to push the agenda. And you can play make believe all you want and pretend two men or two women are the same as a man/woman, but they will never be the same or equal.

In todays world, nothing is sacred anymore. How sad.

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-28-2013 at 03:47 AM..

Old 06-27-2013, 05:27 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,514,238 times
Quote:

There is not one single reason whatsoever to oppose same sex marriage or be offended, threatened or disgusted by homosexuality that doesn't arise from fear, hate, bigotry, ignorance, or some combinaiton of those things. Not one.

To preclude adult consensual couples from marrying based solely on their gender is the very definition of discrimination and bigotry.
No one is precluding anyone here. Just because the state does not recognize an action does not make it illegal.

Even states that say gay marriage is "illegal" have not enforced it in decades rendering it legal.

Maybe if the "gay rights crowd" stopped lying about stuff they would get more support? Just a thought.

Anyway, if people were really about equality they would be trying to get the government out of marriage altogether. You cannot have government sanctioned marriage of any kind without it being discriminatory. Get the government out and it is no longer a controversy for anyone.

"Get out of my bedroom, but recognize my most intimate relationship" ~Signed typical liberal lemming. lols.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:41 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
I'm glad someone from your generation thinks for themself. My 19 year old son I think is pretty neutral on the subject, but he got really sick of the pressure he got on campus from the progay zealots. He said it was really bad.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:02 AM

2,294 posts, read 2,662,185 times
People under 30 overwhelmingly support equality. Just like girls under 17 overwhelmingly supported N Sync 15 years ago.

Sorry, but you are in the minority. That does not mean you should be harassed, but like it or not, the anti-gay agenda IS an old man's game.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:05 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I'm glad someone from your generation thinks for themself. My 19 year old son I think is pretty neutral on the subject, but he got really sick of the pressure he got on campus from the progay zealots. He said it was really bad.
I sincerely hope that now it's over they'll just shut up and leave everybody else alone.

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
So your son is 19 and in college and his main concern is progay zealots. Tell your son I would trade places with him in a heart-beat.

perspective.

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:

Agree, not one single reason but a group of of reasons why one is disgusted by homosexuality and it doesn't come out of the reasons you have listed. It comes about by educating one's self about the health risks and good grief, sodomy! If you actually go and read the medical articles, especially those on mental health and the long term effects of sodomy, you too will be disgusted. I nearly vomited just reading the health warnings given by medical professionals. But, if you all don't mind that.........it isn't your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
What exactly are "gay rights"?
Best I can tell is the right for gays to shove flyers in your face, call you names for not supporting them without any response because that makes you a "closeted" gay just yearning to commit sodomy with them. They seem to believe that when you look at them you know they commit sodomy so you won't rent them an apartment, give them a job, etc.

I have no issue with legalizing their acts of sodomy so that they can get whatever financial benefits, they claim tax relief. A contract is a contract and they can call it anything they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
You are young. You will hopefully live a long and happy life. In doing so, I would hope you would learn to go with the flow...

That means go about your business, and when someone tries to hand you something/ argue thier point/expect you to understand their point...smile and say no thank you.

Believe anything you want. Dont agree with anyone you dont...But if you go ALL the way thru life butting heads...and angry, you are gonna miss a lot.

If you allow others to control your day, then you are allowing others to determin your life.
Agree. I am guessing this is how they do their polls, all of the groups that have an agenda and get in someone's face asking if they agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
Trust me, Older people like me...I am 65...know exactly what you are going through only we don't get approached anymore because we have chosen to walk away from all this CRAP. My deal with these Gay folks passing stuff out is that my whole life I have been hetrosexual..like men..always have, always will. Never in my lifetime have I passed out a flier that "touts" my preference for men or the fact that I am hetrosexual. Why do these Gay people have to blast their sexual preference all over the media, in the fliers they pass out and in the demonstrations they pull on the streets of our cities?? Ridiculous.
I don't give a RATS BEHIND who people sleep with just don't push your propaganda in anyones face.
Now, if as a young person this "agenda" bothers you..tell the gay person pushing that flier in your face to keep his "paperwork"; you are not interested in who he sleeps with and walk away. The more fuss you make the bigger the reason for them to push their agenda!!
Often times turning your back on unwanted pressure and walking away from an unwanted situation is enough to stop that particular AGENDA from being pushed. Good Luck with this. It goes on everywhere now and it just isn't right. My opinion only.
It is best to speak with one's political voice at the polls or by letting their congress people know what they want.

I am sorry the OP is going through this. I know the group is aggressive. They want their activities to be concerned "normal" and they are desperate. They will always know the truth. Speak with your vote.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:12 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Unfortunately your generation has been led astray. I commend you for going against the tide of filth permeating our society today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies