Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2013, 11:37 AM

46,946 posts, read 25,972,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Real parents who naturally have their OWN children - rarely abuse - neglect or abandon their children.
Somebody needs to talk to an inner-city social worker for 30 minutes or so...

Old 07-01-2013, 10:21 PM

30,324 posts, read 51,921,120 times
Quote:
Many ---Many? Get it straight...Gays and lesbians are a tiny little minority. It appears that media have made them look like they are half the human population. As for the stats - Real parents who naturally have their OWN children - rarely abuse - neglect or abandon their children.

This is the danger of gay adoption or foster care. Many gays and lesbians are professionals..with a fair amount of disposable income..that gives them the power to hire lawyers...Poor straight people under a lot of strain may end up dealing with child protection services - they might have their kids snatched away...because they do not have good lawyers because they do not have the money to hire them.

If gays and lesbians are so socially benevolent - let them adopt a whole family...let them help people who are a family and having problems. I am sure that gays and lesbians are not going to want unattractive children...or dumb ones- or kids from another race/ Will gays and lesbians seek out designer kids? A blonde blue eyed child taken from some poor hicks that will match their new white couch?
So bogus, considering the majority of gay families I've seen actually have kids of various races and often handicaps too. I guess you've never heard that story of the two men from Florida, who adopted something like 5 children (mostly non-white) who are HIV positive? Do you think the straight white couples were lining up for these kids? Then when the state of Florida decided to disallow gay adoption rights, they even moved across the country - to Washington, I believe - just to keep their family intact.

As for biological parents not abusing their kids, ummmm what??!! I used to work with inner-city kids, and saw firsthand that is not true. In fact, MOST of the abuse cases seem to come from "natural parents," so you're obviously 100% clueless about the topic; and therefore, you should probably stop participating in a discussion that makes you look foolish.

Show us some evidence of these inane comments, or admit you just pulled them from your butt.

Last edited by gizmo980; 07-01-2013 at 10:50 PM..

Old 07-01-2013, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Are you really that ignorant?
Yes, absolutely. I noticed he hasn't come back to counter the replies, and neither has the OP. I've given them (the OP) over 24 hours to meet my challenge, and so far I see nothing. Not sure if they've been online since then, but if they have, I will officially call this as "failed to meet the challenge" - as usual!!

Let's see if Oleg Bach can also meet my challenge, and provide some reputable proof of his statements above. But that's how they play the game, huh? They post ridiculous comments with made-up "facts," and then pull a disappearing act when you confront them about it. Why I even engage them in debate is beyond me, but I guess it's more for the other people reading and conversing.

Edit: I see the OP actually hasn't been on the forum since posting those bogus links, so I'll give them another 24 hours to meet my challenge. Not gonna hold my breath, though.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:46 PM

I didn't have all of the details correct (see how I fact-checked myself? Try it sometime, anti-gays!), but here is the story I mentioned above: Children's Voice Online <---- the family I was referring to is cited as Lofton vs The State of Florida

Sooooo, do you still think gay couples only adopt "perfect white babies," Oleg? And this is just one example of MANY that came up when I did a basic search.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:46 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,999,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
So bogus, considering the majority of gay families I've seen actually have kids of various races and often handicaps too. I guess you've never heard that story of the two men from Florida, who adopted something like 5 children (mostly non-white) who are HIV positive? Do you think the straight white couples were lining up for these kids? Then when the state of Florida decided to disallow gay adoption rights, they even moved across the country - to Washington, I believe - just to keep their family intact.

As for biological parents not abusing their kids, ummmm what??!! I used to work with inner-city kids, and saw firsthand that is not true. In fact, MOST of the abuse cases seem to come from "natural parents," so you're obviously 100% clueless about the topic; and therefore, you should probably stop participating in a discussion that makes you look foolish.

Show us some evidence of these inane comments, or admit you just pulled them from your butt.
Actually most abuse comes in the foster system which is why I have no problem with a gay couple adopting a child.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Actually most abuse comes in the foster system which is why I have no problem with a gay couple adopting a child.
I'd have to research the numbers, but yes, abuse in the foster care system is rampant. My ex-boyfriend spent most of his formative years in group homes, and has told me some horrible stories... but considering his biological parents were abusive (in the the father's case) heroin addicts, I'm not sure which environment was worse!

Glad to hear you support gay people being able to adopt, though.

Old 07-04-2013, 02:03 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,333,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Many gay and lesbian couples are raising the children of heterosexual parents who abused, neglected or abandoned them. But it's obvious your views have nothing to do with the wellbeing of children. Just another gay basher who stoops to using children to promote their ignorant prejudices.
Well spoken and 100% true.

Quote:
Many ---Many? Get it straight...Gays and lesbians are a tiny little minority. It appears that media have made them look like they are half the human population. As for the stats - Real parents who naturally have their OWN children - rarely abuse - neglect or abandon their children.

This is the danger of gay adoption or foster care. Many gays and lesbians are professionals..with a fair amount of disposable income..that gives them the power to hire lawyers...Poor straight people under a lot of strain may end up dealing with child protection services - they might have their kids snatched away...because they do not have good lawyers because they do not have the money to hire them.

If gays and lesbians are so socially benevolent - let them adopt a whole family...let them help people who are a family and having problems. I am sure that gays and lesbians are not going to want unattractive children...or dumb ones- or kids from another race/ Will gays and lesbians seek out designer kids? A blonde blue eyed child taken from some poor hicks that will match their new white couch?
Terribly spoken and 100% wrong.

Look--I have worked in social services off and on for more than a quarter century. I have worked in child welfare a good deal of that time and I work in child welfare now in a large city.

The parts I bolded in your above quote speak especially well to your biases and complete ignorance on the subject.

The last half of your last paragraph is so incredibly baseless, divorced from reality, infantile, hateful and just plain stupid it begs the question: Why should anyone ever take anything you say at all seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Somebody needs to talk to an inner-city social worker for 30 minutes or so...
Seriously. If you want actual "News from the Front" backed up with tons of personal experience, the added experience of my many colleagues and real research, I'm your man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
There are definitely cases of abuse in foster care homes, but it is not at all true that "most abuse comes in the foster system. In fact, you could not be more wrong.

Old 07-04-2013, 02:37 AM

5,150 posts, read 7,761,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Some claim that one of the most significant threats to legally basing marriage on homosexual fetishes is the lack of freedom of speech that has ensued when anybody (even international government representatives) points out any negative truths regarding the harmful disorder of practicing homosexual fetishes or regarding legally denying children of a mother or father.
Which government agency is suppressing this speech? When people use the phrase "Freedom of Speech" it usually means the 1st Amendment which isn't in play with what you're talking about.

Old 07-04-2013, 02:52 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,999,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I'd have to research the numbers, but yes, abuse in the foster care system is rampant. My ex-boyfriend spent most of his formative years in group homes, and has told me some horrible stories... but considering his biological parents were abusive (in the the father's case) heroin addicts, I'm not sure which environment was worse!

Glad to hear you support gay people being able to adopt, though.
Hey it's all about the children. That is why I'm not big on abortion either. lol The state is invested heavily in the foster care business. They get a lot of federal money for shipping kids off to homes. It's a real travesty. When they are called on anything that happens they claim the old they can't talk about any of it due to the kids being juveniles. It's a really sordid deal. If a gay couple wants to take care of a kid hell get em out of state run anything in my view.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:13 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,730,846 times
I don't GET why there's even a foster care system in place. With the money those people are being paid to care for the children, they could set up some really good orphanages. Really good ones, not the cheap-ass crap they had before, when there were no govt programs and these were based on charity.

Which reminds me... once again that, as always, charity is upheld by right wingnuts as the alternative to welfare and social programs. That's another reason I can't STAND the sight of right wingers, the lying psychopaths.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies