Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 09:13 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Why was this young man being followed?

Why was this young man being followed after the police dispatcher told him NOT to follow the young man?

Why would anyone who is being stalked want to lead the stalker back to their place of residence (especially when a person has no idea what the stalker's intentions are)?

George Zimmerman picked a fight with a young man and then murdered him when he started to lose.
That isn't my impression from watching the trial.

Old 06-30-2013, 09:21 AM

199 posts, read 161,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
This is nothing more than the left doing what they do. Using race to divide and attack.
No, the likes of you are doing it all by yourselves.

Old 06-30-2013, 09:24 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,884,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Wow! This is 2013, isn't it, or did I just travel back in time 60 years?
No, you have been 60 years behind time for a very long time.. further proof you are a democrat..

Old 06-30-2013, 09:27 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,884,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
They tend to focus, not on what she says, but rather on how she says it. Sadly apparently it is the culture they detest, not the witness she provides.
By focusing on what she said, what she said was proven to be mostly lies... I put money on the jury completely disregarding her testimony. There was noting to consider since she destroyed her own credibility..

Old 06-30-2013, 09:30 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That's my point, it is the jurors who will decide. My question goes to why WE on the outside are tearing her apart like wolves on a carcass, and why do we care so much? She just seems to be generating a lot of anger here, and I'm not sure why.
Well that question became redundant the moment you opened your courtrooms to the movie camersa now didn't it?

The media is allowed and encouraged to come into every aspect of our lives today and we wonder and then we ask "why are we judging character based on what we see on the telly"?

Court room "Judge Judy" and the much worse Jerry Springer type shows are the stuff of the disenfranchised wanting to live life vicariously through the lens of the cameras. It's human nature given free reign when we can take pleasure out of watching folks strip to their dirty underwear on national TV.

The complete shambles of the O.J. trial should have been a wake up call but now we have Casey Anthony and Jody Arias along with many others behind us and we will carry on with this stupidity of demanding they be paraded into our living rooms for our viewing pleasure.

Last edited by BruSan; 06-30-2013 at 09:41 AM..

Old 06-30-2013, 09:37 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
By focusing on what she said, what she said was proven to be mostly lies... I put money on the jury completely disregarding her testimony. There was noting to consider since she destroyed her own credibility..

What do you want to bet that the Judge will even attempt to address that in her charge to the jury portion?

"you must weigh the substance of the witness's testimony and not the manner in which she gave that testimony" which loosely translated means disregard the fact she came across as a complete and utter combative liar and focus your considerations instead on questions asked and answers given."

Id put even money on both legal entities already having staffers formulating drafts of appeal for presentation the very minute the trial concludes.

Jury's got their hands full with this trial.

Old 06-30-2013, 10:49 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Well that question became redundant the moment you opened your courtrooms to the movie camersa now didn't it?

The media is allowed and encouraged to come into every aspect of our lives today and we wonder and then we ask "why are we judging character based on what we see on the telly"?

Court room "Judge Judy" and the much worse Jerry Springer type shows are the stuff of the disenfranchised wanting to live life vicariously through the lens of the cameras. It's human nature given free reign when we can take pleasure out of watching folks strip to their dirty underwear on national TV.

The complete shambles of the O.J. trial should have been a wake up call but now we have Casey Anthony and Jody Arias along with many others behind us and we will carry on with this stupidity of demanding they be paraded into our living rooms for our viewing pleasure.
Yes, they should never have begun televising them, I agree.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:20 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post

In other words they are saying that blacks can't control themselves; violence inherent in them.

You are clearly an intelligent and gifted observer, and you must concede that these kinds of views are common among the left.
Well they were saying that if Obama didn't win blacks were going to riot. What do you suppose will happen if Zimmerman is found not guilty. I hear they plan on rioting.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:22 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Well they were saying that if Obama didn't win blacks were going to riot. What do you suppose will happen if Zimmerman is found not guilty. I hear they plan on rioting.
There's a whole nuther thread on that. Go stir things up on it.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:29 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Oh, did you now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies