Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2013, 07:37 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,912,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Leading questions not allowed on direct.
Was Rachel implicated?

Will you admit it was a horrible comparison? At the very LEAST

Old 07-03-2013, 07:39 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
She probably bought him clothes and kicks....

Sometimes you gotta put in the work...no matter how dirty. Hey...I'm sure you heard about the culture of pimping and it's trailblazers.

I'm sure NO LIMIT NI99A knew all about it
Quote:
She's 19!!! That is an adult....

I'm sorry...if there was an emotional connection like that pathetic article pointed out...then two more hours would be nothing. That is a pathetic excuse.

So that she has the mind of a ten year old is justification?

She was just a hoodrat that "backed it up" for TM....

****CONGRATULATIONS-You have won a permanent spot on my ignore list****

Old 07-03-2013, 07:40 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Did she have any choice? I am not sure but I suspect she was served a subpoena.
Ya, Rachel was probably served a subpoena but she could have used drugs, alcohol or suicide to avoid the media circus that has gone on around her for many months and the trial now. She's stronger than people are giving her credit for and she stood up to the defense lawyer who tried to put words in her mouth time and time again. If people can have sympathy for what George has gone through since the shooting why is it such a stretch to have sympathy for other people involved in this tragedy? There are no winners here, no matter how the jury comes in.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:45 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I think the State did a really bad job in presenting their case, even though they scored some big points in the past two days, IMO. However, I'm starting to think that maybe this jury is going to find him guilty of something.

The world is FULL OF FLAWED HUMAN BEINGS. We are ALL FLAWED in one way or another. You are simplifying this situation too much, IMO. One of those flawed human beings appears to have had an obsession with things that motivated him to make and enormous error in judgement and end of killing someone. Some people, including stupid, are in fact convicted of illegal actions they're taken as a result of being stupid. Death row is full of them, literally. Most inmates on Death Rows have IQs in the 80s, 70s, and 60s. They can be retarded and still sent to death row. The Supreme Court said in this country we can no longer execute retarded people, however, the standard to "prove" retardation is quite difficult. It is not based on the inmate's IQ.

This think this thing about "both" guys were really stupid is getting a bit old, especially after today and the extent of Zimmerman's "education" regarding such things as "self-defense" in legal terms, leads me to believe that Zimmerman is not all that stupid, that he is a very good actor, that he is a good liar, and that his obsession with wanting a career in law enforcement was his problem. Even smart people have obsessions sometimes, and usually that is no excuse for the kind of behavior that ends up killing someone when there were so very many ways to avoid doing such. OBSESSION. Not stupidity. OBSESSION and NO IMPULSE CONTROL is a very bad combination but they are not traits that excuse someone from behaving in illegal ways.

Neither do I think Martin was "stupid."

The fact is intelligent people do stupid things sometimes. Both individuals did some pretty dumb things that evening. The fact is Martin had plenty of time to get home. If Martin had wanted to avoid the second confrontation he could have. he chose not to. He is now dead. Good's testimony alone is enough for reasonable doubt. Any rational individual, one free from perception bias, will tell you there will be no conviction here.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:50 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Wrong....he cannot be held civilly liable if he is not convicted... This is Florida.

776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.—
(1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 943.10(14), who was acting in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person was a law enforcement officer. As used in this subsection, the term “criminal prosecution” includes arresting, detaining in custody, and charging or prosecuting the defendant.
Hmmmm. I'll have to research that further when I'm not so tired. Interesting that the Martin's already sued the HOA for wrongful death and that case was settled for $1 million.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:51 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The fact is intelligent people do stupid things sometimes. Both individuals did some pretty dumb things that evening. The fact is Martin had plenty of time to get home. If Martin had wanted to avoid the second confrontation he could have. he chose not to. He is now dead. Good's testimony alone is enough for reasonable doubt. Any rational individual, one free from perception bias, will tell you there will be no conviction here.
As has already been said 1000 times, there is no evidence that Martin wasn't trying to do just that.

Remember, Zimmerman came up behind him, according to the only witness we have of what happened before things escalated.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:51 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,912,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Ya, Rachel was probably served a subpoena but she could have used drugs, alcohol or suicide to avoid the media circus that has gone on around her for many months and the trial now. She's stronger than people are giving her credit for and she stood up to the defense lawyer who tried to put words in her mouth time and time again. If people can have sympathy for what George has gone through since the shooting why is it such a stretch to have sympathy for other people involved in this tragedy? There are no winners here, no matter how the jury comes in.
I don't sympathize with GZ...but I empathize. I would have done the same exact thing as him if the events went as stated.

But....I can SYMPATHIZE to a degree when it comes to Trayvon Martin. I am definitely not going to cry as if it was my own son. If it was my son...I would have asked the same exact questions.

But no matter how hard...I don't sympathize with Rachel...you ride out until the wheels fall off. She was weak to whine on the stand like that.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:56 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I think it's a bunch of bunk from the Martin attorneys anyway. His twitter feed was very misogynist. He harassed girls about their leaking panties and loose private parts. I think this is just the newest false PR narrative put out by the Martin attorneys.
Links please. Not that I doubt your word, it fits the image and character of Mr. Martin that I'm aware of, but I try not to form opinions without evidence. Unlike so many.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:56 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,385,313 times
I've not so far been able to empathize with a creep.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:58 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:
I don't sympathize with GZ...but I empathize. I would have done the same exact thing as him if the events went as stated.

But....I can SYMPATHIZE to a degree when it comes to Trayvon Martin. I am definitely not going to cry as if it was my own son. If it was my son...I would have asked the same exact questions.

But no matter how hard...I don't sympathize with Rachel...you ride out until the wheels fall off. She was weak to whine on the stand like that.
Wouldn't you have encouraged your son to protect himself if he had some creepy gun following him in the dark? Or would you advise he just allow himself to be mugged or abducted or worse....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies