Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2013, 10:04 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,733,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I thought the EMTs testified to cleaning him up before he went to the police station.
They did, but many here are not following the trial, just expressing their own speculation.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:04 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,309,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
From the link;

The state has made a big deal out of Zimmerman being a “cop wannabe” in a desparate attempt to, I don’t know,
(a) make it out like he was some kind of frustrated cop/vigilante o the loose,
(b) unintentionally slander people who want to become cops,
(b) paint Zimmerman.

Its a pretty slim reed to hang part of your character assassination on, but they have persisted in this throughout the trial.

Unfortunately,
(a) Zimmerman has declined opportunities to take a greater LEO-type role as part of neighborhood watch, and
(b) apparently has stated that he wanted to be a prosecutor, not a cop.

Given that a State witness yet again undercut their own case, its not good for the state.

I don’t think this rises to the status of “Blockbuster”, not even close; however, for those in the weeds of this thing, it is fun to see yet another State witness go over to the defense and watch the prosecution trip over their own concocted theories.

I think this is only about opening us some credibility issues in the character assassination portrait of the state nothing more. Another drip of credibility leaking away from the prosecution.

(Its been dripping steadily from the start … even liberal Mediate has jumped on the bandwagon of laughing at the media cheerleaders for Martin. Which means you know its bad).
All the above is immaterial because the jury will never see or hear these analysis' in the media. All they saw from this witness is that Zimmerman wanted to be a lawyer and eventually a prosecutor. Big deal. Cop or prosecutor are both under the same umbrella of law enforcement.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
have they shown a picture or video of him alive at 16 or 17 years old to show what a skinny little kid he was.
I'm not watching all the time as I'm working. But I personally haven't seen any yet. That is all I'm willing to post.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
All the above is immaterial because the jury will never see or hear these analysis' in the media. All they saw from this witness is that Zimmerman wanted to be a lawyer and eventually a prosecutor. Big deal. Cop or prosecutor are both under the same umbrella of law enforcement.
Wanna-be cop at least has a hint of someone relishing violence. Wanna-be prosecutor, not so much.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:09 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,019,659 times
Why are the prosecution and defense going back and forth on if the gun can be fired accidentally or not??

Old 07-03-2013, 10:09 AM

39,861 posts, read 26,489,397 times
The defense is pretty pathetic. They are trying to make an issue out of the handgun that was used not having an external safety. Pretty...sad. Same as every single Glock used by the majority of police (including those in the courtroom) and every single double-action revolver used for over a century. As well as the majority of defensive handguns currently owned by private citizens.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:10 AM

17,371 posts, read 14,618,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
So, you are saying that George was already cleaned up and the blood flowing downward, rather than back...consistent with his being on his back, was an innaccurate photo? Too bad there wasn't video during that intial police interview at the station. Interesting.
No, I'm saying that obviously GZ was standing up and the concrete sidewalk was picked up by TM and slammed against GZ's head. And that's why the blood is the way it is.

Seriously, the picture at the scene looks like it's actively bleeding. Some is flowing towards the nape of his neck and some is flowing forward BECAUSE HIS HEAD IS BENT FORWARD IN THE PHOTO.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:11 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,759,695 times
Can anyone share what they feel has been the evidence or testimony that has shaped their opinion of the outcome, if they have one?

For me, the most telling so far was when the investigating officer told GZ tha lt he had video and better come clean and the response was, "thank God".

As I've said, no skin in the game and I may change my mind as the trial goes on.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:14 AM

370 posts, read 246,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
have they shown a picture or video of him alive at 16 or 17 years old to show what a skinny little kid he was.
Doesn't look like a "skinny little kid" to me.
The State Of Florida Shows Photos Of Trayvon Martin From

Old 07-03-2013, 10:14 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,502,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
I don't think that the jury will ever see those. Now, if they were following before the trial they might. In all fairness I hope that they didn't.

That said if they get introduced that's another thing.
I don't know if the jurors were questioned about whether they saw the pics of tm at 12-14 years old. If they did, it would be fair and relevant for them to see newer pics of him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies