Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2013, 10:15 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,225,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I thought the EMTs testified to cleaning him up before he went to the police station.
I would think so too. The pictures were likely at the scene.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:15 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,735,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The defense is pretty pathetic. They are trying to make an issue out of the handgun that was used not having an external safety. Pretty...sad. Same as every single Glock used by the majority of police (including those in the courtroom) and every single double-action revolver used for over a century. As well as the majority of defensive handguns currently owned by private citizens.
I was on the phone. Are you sure it was the defense in your statement or the state?

Old 07-03-2013, 10:16 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,038,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Can anyone share what they feel has been the evidence or testimony that has shaped their opinion of the outcome, if they have one?

For me, the most telling so far was when the investigating officer told GZ tha lt he had video and better come clean and the response was, "thank God".

As I've said, no skin in the game and I may change my mind as the trial goes on.
That was a big one for me too. Note that the biased media doesn't talk much about that as far as I'm aware. They seem to focus on not what's presented in trial because they know there's no evidence yet that proves the States case

Old 07-03-2013, 10:16 AM

17,426 posts, read 14,657,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Can anyone share what they feel has been the evidence or testimony that has shaped their opinion of the outcome, if they have one?

For me, the most telling so far was when the investigating officer told GZ tha lt he had video and better come clean and the response was, "thank God".

As I've said, no skin in the game and I may change my mind as the trial goes on.
The fact that GZ said he was screaming "help help" in his statements and reinactments long before he knew there was an audio recording.

The fact that he had a broken nose, two black eyes and evidence that his head was slammed into the concrete.

The fact that John Good visually saw Trayvon on top of Zimmerman making striking motions.

And yes, that he told Serino "thank God" when Serino bluffed and said the entire incident was recorded.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:20 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,735,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
The fact that GZ said he was screaming "help help" in his statements and reinactments long before he knew there was an audio recording.

The fact that he had a broken nose, two black eyes and evidence that his head was slammed into the concrete.

The fact that John Good visually saw Trayvon on top of Zimmerman making striking motions.

And yes, that he told Serino "thank God" when Serino bluffed and said the entire incident was recorded.
That's what is working for me so far. Plus some.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:22 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
And Martin wanted to be a future thug.
Really, do you have a link to support that too? I read that he wanted to be a pilot. George Zimmerman was a lying, wannabe cop who took a life because of his bad decision. There are many inconsistencies and holes on his story and those of you who think this is a clear cut case of self-defense have no idea how the jury will see this. All of us discussing this case have our bias. The jury is most likely not made up of people who are so passionate and subjective about this issue. At this point there's no telling which way it will go.

Zimmerman brought this on himself. Those of you who keep saying that he cannot be convicted are incorrect. Believing you are in danger if losing your life or in danger of great bodily harm is not enough to claim self-defense. The jury has to believe that he was in danger also and them there is also the matter of whether or not Trayvon Martin was in danger.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:22 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Defense is making good case for the Zimmerman "wanna be cop" concept.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:23 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,088,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Yeah...I noticed those. All over the front of the jacket. Thought George was on his back....could get interesting when the ME that examined Trayvon's body comes to the stand.
One of the talking heads pointed out last night that if you look at the blood on the back of Geroge's head, it flows forward...towards the front of his head...rather than back, which is what you'd expect if he was on his back....Interesting.
The picture was taken after GZ had been sitting in the back seat of the patrol car with his hands cuffed behind his back. Try doing that without your head slanting forward. Remember, when he was being interviewed around midnight, his head was still bleeding.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:24 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post

Why would that matter? He knew that whoever was screaming screamed loud enough for people to hear him. On top if that, Trayvon being on top of him or hitting him doesn't mean he didn't start it. If you start a fight and lose, it doesn't give you the right to kill someone.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:26 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,913,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post
Doesn't look like a "skinny little kid" to me.
The State Of Florida Shows Photos Of Trayvon Martin From
Seeing him laying there dead like that is pretty crazy. I'm sure it tears his parents up inside.

But....this should be a lesson. Drop the bad a** culture...stop the tough guy stuff. It can get you killed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies