Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2013, 11:57 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,853,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Cursive Writing Becoming a Lost Art in Florida Schools | District Administration Magazine

Core curriculum standards are statewide and this article was written well after Miss Jenteal completed said grades.

So, we can glean two things from Ms.Jenteals upbringing...

#1 - she didn't pay attention in school

and

#2 - she had parents who couldn't provide and/or didn't care to provide the pertinent skill.

So coming full circle to the original point...

Does GZ attending college for criminal justice prove that he retained the information relayed or not.
#3 - Ditch Common Core as many states are doing.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:58 AM

17,590 posts, read 14,759,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Did your kids go to the same schools in Miami which Rachel attended? Did they grow up in the Little Haiti area? Are you originally from Haiti, and do you speak/write Creole?

Additionally, Rachel's inability to read cursive has NOTHING to do with what she and Trayvon talked about on the phone that night when Trayvon was killed.

Are you all saying the EVERYBODY who cannot read cursive (about everybody who cannot read English) is a LIAR and they cannot be believed about anything they say?

Rachel being a liar and not being able to read cursive have nothing to do with one another.

But the truth remains that a 19 year old who was born and raised in the United States of America should be able to read cursive.

Old 07-07-2013, 12:01 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,421,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Pssssssssssssttttttttttttttt: George wasn't following Trayvon. He was looking for an address for dispatch.

/end
Only if someone is gullible enough to believe everything George, the defendant, says about what happened. Of course, seems that many people have difficulty with critical thinking skills when they take someone's word at face value AFTER they have been caught conspiring to lie to the Court and in fact even allowed his wife to tell that lie in Court. Psssssssttttttt: That's just one example of George being caught in lies.

Old 07-07-2013, 12:04 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,455,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Did your kids go to the same schools in Miami which Rachel attended? Did they grow up in the Little Haiti area? Are you originally from Haiti, and do you speak/write Creole?

Additionally, Rachel's inability to read cursive has NOTHING to do with what she and Trayvon talked about on the phone that night when Trayvon was killed.

Are you all saying the EVERYBODY who cannot read cursive (about everybody who cannot read English) is a LIAR and they cannot be believed about anything they say?
Wasn't she born in Miami?

Old 07-07-2013, 12:04 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,700,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Someone sent this link to me. I don't listen to Manning, won't if I don't have to, but he makes good points, and some funny. However, it was the comments at the end of the video that I was interested in reading.

"As bad as the White racist response to this trial has been. It would be even worse if an innocent man went to prison to appease the Black community and to avoid a race riot."

"I NEVER HEARD OF A PERSON WINNING A FIGHT TO SCREAM FOR HELP."

"The only time I know of anyone winning anything and then getting violent is the NBA finals ;-)"

I enjoy ol' Manning, but for pure entertainment purposes.

And...he lost credibility when he started talking about the 'rapist' bit. Around 18.00. As I recall, it was Rachel suggesting that George might be a rapist, but I don't believe Trayvon ever said "he looks like a rapist."

Of course I pretty much discount all of Rachel's testimony, but if that bit is to be believed, I would think Rachel was just suggesting, and even kidding, with Trayvon about the rapist thing.

jmo

Manning is most definitely correct, though, when he says Trayvon was the only one who uttered racist words that night.

Old 07-07-2013, 12:05 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,271,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Rachel being a liar and not being able to read cursive have nothing to do with one another.

But the truth remains that a 19 year old who was born and raised in the United States of America should be able to read cursive.
My educated guess is that she has some sort of learning disability.
The phone call was verbal. Think about it...if this person was lying, why would she admitt the "cracker" comment. George blatantly lied about SYG. He had it in college courses, he was a Concealed Carry permit holder...even posters here have said SYG is part of the training received. There have been other lies told by George.
George's uncle, a 26 yr veteran had a very strong accent....You gonna belittle him too?

Last edited by JanND; 07-07-2013 at 12:08 PM.. Reason: edit text

Old 07-07-2013, 12:06 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,455,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post

The substance of her testimony itself didn't seem all that important. I'm surprised she was ever described as the state's star witness. She heard a one sided account about someone following Trayvon who although describing the man as a "creepy cracker" didn't seem too afraid.

Old 07-07-2013, 12:07 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,737,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
If someone invents a 'humility diet' you should be the 1st one on it. No matter how oftenyou're wrong, the pomposity remains the same ---

Of course the toxicology report will be admitted into evidence
Will be or not. The state is fighting this, why?

Quote:
Of course the Medical Examiner will narrow down the distance of the shot [after all, you dated an ME]
The ME already testified. Where were you?

Quote:
Of course Zimmerman will have to testify
Very STUPID statement! Shows complete lack of understanding anything legal.

Quote:
Of course Martin died immediately and couldn't possibly move or speak
Not what the ME said.

Quote:
Of course the defense must PROVE gz acted in self defense
Wrong again. The state must prove "deranged mind".

Quote:
All wrong, among others.

You're also among the select few who could actually HEAR tm begging for his life on the 911 call.

I remember these things beause I read your posts to see what you've learned about FL. law from typing briefs for the lawyers you work for. There's nothing wrong with being wrong. Most people, however, would lower their superiority level and stop touting their self-proclaimed expertise with a record like yours.
You have lowered yours considerably with the above statements.

Quote:
----------------
Physical attributes include more than height and weight

Because gz's martial arts skills have been mentioned at least twice by state witnesses and by guy in opening, I want tm's willingness to fight and ability admitted for a fair trial.
When was that mentioned? I watched every day and never heard anything about "martial arts skills". I did however hear about a weight loss program he was enrolled in.

Old 07-07-2013, 12:07 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,975,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba juneau View Post
Are you guys still debating this and trying to send an innocent man to jail because of the political interests of low life white politicians looking to corral the black vote and low life black race baiters looking to get the free press and continue their lavish lifestyles built around fomenting racial distrust and even hatred.
If you buy into this you better hope Z doesnt go to jail else we all will be questioning our rights of self defense.
The facts so far: rainy night, young unsupervised teenager with background of having stolen things found on his person, smoking, growing and selling dope and carrying a slim Jim tool around peering into houses in the rain sees strange man following him. He is highly pissed at his game being interrupted and decides to hide in bushes and ambush Z. Ditches little pry tool in bushes approaches with MMa style surprise attack and fails to reconcile that Florida has a very active conceal carry state with many of its citizens male and female alike having concealed weapons.
Why Z chose to be so vigilant is a fair question. It does however offer no legitimacy, absolutely none, to being attacked. Move along there is nothing else to see here.
B1. Actually, the only things found on Trayvon's person were the skittles and the can of tea. There was no "slim jim" found anywhere; it turned out to be a piece of awning. He was talking on the phone.

B2. Speculative. Martin is not available to tell us what happened, nor did he relate his version of the events to anyone else who can tell us.

B3. NO evidence of pry tool.

Old 07-07-2013, 12:10 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,421,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Wasn't she born in Miami?
To parents who had been born and raised in Haiti.

Have you ever been to Miami and toured the various communities in that city??? Bet you didn't know that the MAJORITY of Cuban Americans in Miami DO NOT SPEAK ENGLISH at home. Many do not even speak only English in public, including court personnel. There's a reason it's hard to have a successful business in Miami if you don't speak Spanish or have someone work or you who does speak Spanish so they can communicate with potential clients.

Haitians speak Haitian Creole French. Rachel is the first generation of her family to be born in the U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.