Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 07:35 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,221,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Curious minds want to know, will you riot if the state gets a conviction?
There should be demonstrations and protests if this occurs.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:36 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,680,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This part needs to be posted on a billboard:

Bill Lee, who testified Monday in Zimmerman's second-degree murder trial, told CNN's George Howell in an exclusive interview that he felt pressure from city officials to arrest Zimmerman to placate the public rather than as a matter of justice.

"It was (relayed) to me that they just wanted an arrest. They didn't care if it got dismissed later," he said. "You don't do that."

Old 07-11-2013, 07:36 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,041,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Lol. They're really stressing that they don't want any violence after the verdict is reached.
Riots may not end up being a worry. If the judge allows all these "lesser" charges that would give GZ 25 years, I think the jury may think they have to do something, not that's its right, to be "fair". This trial was run and prepared for as a murder trial. I dont think the lesser charges should be allowed. And nothing has been proven by the State. The judge has to know this. It would be irresponsible to allow other charges at this point.

We'll see if the jury does their jobs and goes off the States case that was presented. If they do, the only verdict should be Not Guilty on all counts. I wonder if they are told the penalties for lesser charges

Old 07-11-2013, 07:37 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
The saddest part of this case, for those not directly involved anyway, is the continued insistence that people have nowadays to judge virtually everything in political overtones. Note, I did Not say Racial overtones, that's symptomatic of racial overtones. Most of us know full well what the problems are in this country as it relates to race and culture. Everyone has their particular prejudice when it comes to either, or both. What many don't see is how their prejudice comes out without their knowing about it.

You can always tell the Lilly white liberal, just as you can tell the ultra conservative. Trouble is, you can't Tell either of them much. But it's pretty easy to identify them. In this case, we have everyone from guns rights advocates to black advocates to black haters. The trouble is, there's a little truth in all of their various ideologies, bigotries, and even fear.

All of these folks have conspired to make life a living hell for those people of color that attempt to succeed, and/or Do succeed. One side attempts to rig the game in their favor, and constantly apologizes for them if it turns out bad. The other side would sooner have them all go away.

What we have in this case is a community that experienced crime during the recession. It's sad, but truthful, to point out the profile of those people that perpetrated these crimes. Some think this is unfair. I do not. However, we don't even have to dig that deeply into this case to understand that this case isn't about profiling, nor is it about race. This case should be about what happened that night. While we will probably never know the full story, it's fairly obvious to all that George Zimmerman didn't track down Trayvon Martin and shoot him because he could.

I'm not prepared to convict anyone without the proper evidence to do so. I don't give Trayvon extra credit for being black, and I don't give anyone demerits for being white or purple or green. I'm sure in this case, many of Trayvon's issues can be directly traced to his parent's divorce, not his race. His support team wasn't very deep from what I saw.

Now let's get to George. Not a man to idolize, nor have contempt for. I think he lied about many things, but I'm not at all convinced he started this. Many that are always have to mention Trayvon was black. That's weak, and it's a disgrace. I know all about the fringe groups surrounding this case, trust me on this. I'm not very sympathetic to George either. But the prejudice and inequality from the left on issues of race is making me sick. If white people still feel the need to ignore justice and common sense in the name of race, then they deserve the race baiters and instigators that take advantage of them. And they certainly do that.

I'd rather associate with a group of people that may not like me at all, rather than a group that pities me and thinks I need a boost. Zimmerman needs to be acquitted of all charges in this case. The people of the United States need to either grow up, or at least acknowledge to themselves, that they are enslaved by their own prejudices. This includes all people of all political persuasions and races. You can't convict a Feeling or a Thought. If the evidence isn't enough to convict a man, what difference does it make what color either is?

In many ways, we really haven't come very far. Ironically, it's those that are purporting to help that hurt the most.
Just started reading this morning, from where I left off last night. Are you serious about the bold? You don't think George started "this"? Did Trayvon call the police and report a prowler? Did Trayvon tell the police he was following George? Don't think so! George has acknowledged doing both.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:37 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
He never really bought up the length of legs and how that would create a larger spread.

Maybe he was trying to do it more subtle without having the facts on TM leg width.
He moved his legs up and down the dummy body in several positions and asked the EW if Zim still had access to the weapon several times.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:38 AM

1,607 posts, read 3,092,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Would the riots, if any, only be in Florida or in other parts of the country as well?
if any my guess is Sanford is ground zero, like L.A. was for Rodney King. Hoping for no riots, but expecting some disorderly conduct unfortunately, despite cries for "peaceful protests" or no violence etc etc.

I doubt there will be widespread riots.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:39 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,680,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
It seems to fit...and it's all beginning to to smell fishy...

New Black Panther Party allegedly busing mobs to Sanford, Florida for expected riots
Anyone Surprised?
If the blacks in and around that area want to be believed and treated decently, they should gather at the outskirts of town and prevent those freaks from entering by forming a line across the road.

Only they can fix themselves. If they faulted this type of behavior instead of welcomed it, it would actually help more than they can imagine.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:39 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,257,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Just started reading this morning, from where I left off last night. Are you serious about the bold? You don't think George started "this"? Did Trayvon call the police and report a prowler? Did Trayvon tell the police he was following George? Don't think so! George has acknowledged doing both.
For the billionth time, none of that is illegal, none of that gives some one the rigth to attack some one else.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:41 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,546,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
It seems to fit...and it's all beginning to to smell fishy...

New Black Panther Party allegedly busing mobs to Sanford, Florida for expected riots
Anyone Surprised?
People are still obsessing over the NBPP?

Old 07-11-2013, 07:41 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
For the billionth time, none of that is illegal, none of that gives some one the rigth to attack some one else.
Exactly, being a dumbass doesnt make Zimmers guilty of anything other than being a dumbass and lucky he didnt get his skull caved in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies