Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 12:52 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,109,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
It amazes me how people can be so disrespectful for a human life. I get that you're invested in camp zimmerman but really "the person that turned that person room temperature"? How do you say things like that and then expect people to engage in sensible conversation with you? And if you don't care about people talking with you, why are you posting in an onlne forum?
A bit of sarcasm to highlight the completely off the wall musings of some on here about both dead person and live person.
As for sensible conversation? Have you not been reading along the last few days? For many sensible left the building the minute the prosecution charged G.Z.. I'm not "invested" in G.Z., I am however highly invested in not applauding or supporting the railroading of someone for racial/political/monetary reasons, a thought the rest of you rabid T.M. supporters might just want to think about.

I've never said G.Z. didn't have a hand in what happened but he's NOT guilty of what they're trying to railroad him on.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:53 PM

17,923 posts, read 14,920,297 times
Okay, Bernie and his high-pitched vocal inflections are giving me a headache.

Isn't that the sign of lying? I'm sure it is.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:54 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,321,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Holes in the story only amount to reasonable doubt. You have to have a pretty clear idea of exactly what happened before sending a man prison for life. The prosecution's made its case clear as mud.
Do you forget...the jurors are not given time frames of the verdict. That is unknown to the jurors.
I would ask...For those of you that are convinced that Trayvon deserved to die, based on a misperception by George. How then is it out of the realm of your belief that others feel that George...Who took a life, shouldn't be held accountable?

Last edited by JanND; 07-11-2013 at 01:13 PM..

Old 07-11-2013, 12:55 PM

40,999 posts, read 49,430,978 times
Bernie had to go hit the john. He's making himself sick

Old 07-11-2013, 12:55 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,786,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Truthfully, I don't blame him either.

I don't think he's a poor attorney ... I just think someone told him to build the Taj Mahal and then handed him a bag with a hammer and duct tape.
That is absolutely what happened. This case would have been much more bizarre if he wasn't the lead on it. The other ones for the state are loons. He is at least trying to remain within the scope of law with the sh-t sandwich he was served.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:57 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,511,737 times
Juror B29 is avoiding all eye contact with Bernie. Not good. (via talking heads at Zimmerman Trial Livestream | www.wftv.com)

"Juror B-29: Originally from Chicago, she's been married for 10 years. The woman — who is either black or Hispanic and is the only juror who isn't white, according to prosecutors — has eight kids, one of them older than 18. This is her first time serving on a jury. The woman has been at her current job for three months, and when asked by prosecutor Bernie De La Rionda if she belonged to any organization, she said "my house is my organization," eliciting laughter and understanding from the courtroom.

GZ said "tell my wife I just shot someone" but Bernie keeps saying "tell my wife I just killed someone".

Old 07-11-2013, 12:58 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,858,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Maybe the time that (per Zimmerman) that he was circling the truck, or the next story that he was just looking at him as he sat in the truck. He could have said it then.
Just viewing that, I don't think GZ was absolutely sure it was necessary to do anything, but observe him. As far as TM was concerned, GZ could have been a resident. That is nothing to get worried about or angry about if you aren't doing something that appears to be suspicious. Why did that tick GZ off so much? And why did he want to continue walking around in the dark and rain? It took him 40 minutes to get from the 7-Eleven to the Complex. Why is he still outside, in the rain, if he is bringing his step-brother some Skittles...his step-brother who he was, supposedly, playing videos games with?

Old 07-11-2013, 12:59 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Bernie had to go hit the john. He's making himself sick
You'd think after dispersing all that BS such a trip would be unecessary.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:59 PM

40,999 posts, read 49,430,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
How then is it out of the realm of your belief that others feel because George...Who took a life, shouldn't be held accountable?
Not according to Florida law.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:00 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,858,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Juror B29 is avoiding all eye contact with Bernie. Not good. (via talking heads at Zimmerman Trial Livestream | www.wftv.com)

"Juror B-29: Originally from Chicago, she's been married for 10 years. The woman — who is either black or Hispanic and is the only juror who isn't white, according to prosecutors — has eight kids, one of them older than 18. This is her first time serving on a jury. The woman has been at her current job for three months, and when asked by prosecutor Bernie De La Rionda if she belonged to any organization, she said "my house is my organization," eliciting laughter and understanding from the courtroom.

GZ said "tell my wife I just shot someone" but Bernie keeps saying "tell my wife I just killed someone".
They are saying that they are trying to force GZ to testify. Can that happen at this point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies