Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 01:52 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,259,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Tell me about it. Half the time I couldn't tell you my wife's cell phone number, other than "speed dial 1". I don't use it every day. Much like Z wouldn't have a need to use or know the names of other streets in his subdivision. I lived in a sub once...never knew the names of any streets other than the one I lived on or drove on into/out of the subdivision. Others? Heck no.
Again......

....as the neighborhood watch guy, and obviously one who made it a habit to report suspicious activity, don't you think it would have been his responsibility to know the names of the streets he's supposedly "watching".......all three of them?

Does anybody know if he ever had a problem with street names any of the other many times he called to report suspicious activity?

Old 07-11-2013, 01:53 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
The prosecution just missed the opportuinity to say that if, in fact, GZ was reaching for his phone in TM's presence, why wouldn't TM assume that he was reaching for a weapon as opposed to a phone? Who reaches into their pocket when they are in a possible aggressive confrontation and not expect the other person to be on the defensive and ready to react? Maybe GZ was really reaching for the phone and not his gun, but how the hell is one supposed to know that at that moment?

Old 07-11-2013, 01:53 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
It's all Spanish to me.
Except Babalu, which is Yoruba or Lucumi.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:54 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,700,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
This really says something sad about the black community that riots are expected. If I were black, I would be embarrassed as hell that people assume my race would riot. Says a GREAT deal about the issues WITHIN the black community that need to addressed.
There's a lot of anger in the black community...this is their idea of "justice" for TM.

Mob beats man on his own front porch

Old 07-11-2013, 01:55 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Again......

....as the neighborhood watch guy, and obviously one who made it a habit to report suspicious activity, don't you think it would have been his responsibility to know the names of the streets he's supposedly "watching".......all three of them?

Does anybody know if he ever had a problem with street names any of the other many times he called to report suspicious activity?
Nobody is buying that premise...even if they refuse to admit it.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:55 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,259,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The prosecution just missed the opportuinity to say that if, in fact, GZ was reaching for his phone in TM's presence, why wouldn't TM assume that he was reaching for a weapon as opposed to a phone? Who reaches into their pocket when they are in a possible aggressive confrontation and not expect the other person to be on the defensive and ready to react? Maybe GZ was really reaching for the phone and not his gun, but how the hell is one supposed to know that at that moment?
Especially when Zimmerman himself thought Trayvon was acting suspiciously when he claims he saw Trayvon reach for something from his waistband (as stated on the NEN call).

Old 07-11-2013, 01:58 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Yes, there is...if met with deadly force.

I never knew following somebody within the parameters of neighborhood watch was "deadly force"..

Now I know!
If someone approached me while I existed while black and decided to provoke me into a confrontation, I would defend myself. The fact that one man had a gun and one didn't is the only reason why Zimmerman felt empowered to start the fight. The provocation and deadly force wielded by Zimmerman doesn't sound like paramaters of neighborhood watch to me. Sounds like vigilante who has been watching too many Clint Eastwood movies.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:59 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
This really says something sad about the black community that riots are expected. If I were black, I would be embarrassed as hell that people assume my race would riot. Says a GREAT deal about the issues WITHIN the black community that need to addressed.

WRONG. It says something about the ignorant *racists* who expect us to riot. I find that sad about the white community.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:59 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
What idiot is switching the cameras? When an exhibit is being shown then show it -not Bernie or the audience.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:00 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,866,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
There's a lot of anger in the black community...this is their idea of "justice" for TM.

Mob beats man on his own front porch
This just makes the black community look bad and simply furthers the notion that a black kid like Trayvon was indeed a violent thug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies