Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2013, 11:09 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,258,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
LOL! Even Ted Bundy looked like a nice guy during his trial!
I sat on a jury were a woman was murdered. The man admitted to it and admitted to raping the corpse...
The defense cleaned him up and he looked like a wall street lawyer. We had women on the jury who in spite of his confession refused to believe he was guilty because he looked so clean cut.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:10 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,703,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
His close was very emotive and short on facts, perfect for a jury of 6 women.
Quite wrong. Women can easily cut through bs. It's part of the job of being a woman. They deal with bs every day of every week, especially coming from men who think women can't think with their brains.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:11 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,258,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
He did, but it was all emotion, no fact/evidence.

Hopefully, the jury will see through his "child this" and "child that" nonsense.
Hopefully the jury will use common sense and see that TM was no child. I hope they use common sense and wonder why GZ needed to tell so many lies.
In the end GZ should be acquitted because of lack of evidence. I think he avoided testifying in part to avoid perjury LOL.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:13 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,459,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Interesting so the Black/Hispanic was crying.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:14 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,459,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Quite wrong. Women can easily cut through bs. It's part of the job of being a woman. They deal with bs every day of every week, especially coming from men who think women can't think with their brains.
I was thinking that too but emotional arguments work better on them than men IMHO. His close was good but very emotive.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:16 AM

39,906 posts, read 26,604,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Talking heads say Guy did a good job.

I'd agree with that. He played the ONLY card he had in his deck, the emotion card. He tells a nice little sobbie story and hopes the jury will fall for it. He's counting on them ignoring evidence and testimony and settle for emotions to decide this case. Dangerous play, it may work, or it may just disgust the jury. Not to mention pizz them off because he's treating them as dumb, emotional girls.

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 07-12-2013 at 11:33 AM..

Old 07-12-2013, 11:16 AM

17,649 posts, read 14,784,502 times
I just read the jury instructions.

I can't for the life of me see how they would come back with a guilty verdict to either Murder 2 or Manslaughter.

I'm not predicting it though ... because who the heck knows what they'll do, but I really can't see how they wouldn't find him not guilty.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:19 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,029,808 times
Default Why are we caring about the Zimmerman Case?

I know what I'm about to say is going to possibly get the typical liberals out to discuss rather I'm black or not. But whatever. I'm used to it.

I live in a Maryland suburb, so I'm "prisoner" to the local media telling us everything that happens in Baltimore.
I think Baltimore is up to 60 shootings 20+ deaths in the last 3 weeks. Most if not all victims and suspects are African American.

This is the case for most high crime predominately black low income areas/cities,(Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit, etc etc.) High violent crime/murder rates overwhelmingly involving Black Suspects and Black Victims.

A white man/or hispanic whatever he considers himself, shooting a unarmed black teen.
This happens every single day across the country. BUT With one the difference of it's a Black person killing a black teenager. It happens alot in this country.

So why are we ignoring the real problem, of basically self destruction, almost a "self genocide." It seems that some of us are only happy with singing on street corners weekly. Making excuses, wishing to be babysat by the cops. Or superiors, almost like some are worthless creations that can't control their actions and can't help themselves.

Yet we almost seem happy that this Zimmerman incident happened. It gives some of us a reason to ignore the real situation, in favor of one that rarely happens.
Of course the national media does not help. With nearly 24/7 in my opinion bias coverage. (MSNBC is a joke btw, luckily people are catching on to that and their failing ratings have proven that.)
We rather overreact to this case rather than solve the problem in many Black Cities and Neighborhoods. We rather make it an racial issue.

Why is this?

Old 07-12-2013, 11:21 AM

4,301 posts, read 4,419,225 times
Why do we care? Because MSNBC, CNN and other main media sources decided this was more important than other stories and they could get good mileage out of it.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:21 AM

5,350 posts, read 4,453,691 times
OK, folks, now that closing arguments have been given the court is in recess.

At 2:00 EST this thread will be closed. A new one will be created to continue discussion.

Take a break.

Have lunch.

Stretch.

Breathe.

Rest your fingers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies