Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 12:28 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,686,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellmeplease View Post
I have explained the purpose of marriage. The first and foremost - its all about kids, all other stuff like benefits etc are secondary things, just like the natural purpose of sex is procreation, and not the pleasure.
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 12:31 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,270,120 times
Quote:
I have explained the purpose of marriage. The first and foremost - its all about kids, all other stuff like benefits etc are secondary things, just like the natural purpose of sex is procreation, and not the pleasure.
And same sex couples have and raise children too.

Old 07-10-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Threesomes. Same sex couples cant have kids.
SCOTUS raised the question of how marriage and procreation are related. Their ruling implies that procreation is not germane to marriage. SCOTUS has also affirmed, at least 14 times, that marriage is a fundamental right. No requirements are made for having children.

Old 07-10-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Threesomes. Same sex couples cant have kids.
Never had a threesome. I went to a medical clinic, just like millions of heterosexual couples do. Should hetero couples that use medical assistance to have families be denied marriage?

Old 07-10-2013, 12:52 PM

632 posts, read 936,232 times
Quote:
It's not just my opinion. You may learn why historically people have started to get married, not just ****ing like animals.

Men who have multiple wives can have a lot more children, though. Thus, furthering the idea of procreation. So why not allow polygamy according to your views?

Also, forgive me if you've already addressed this issue, but what about older people or those who never intend to have kids? Shouldn't they theoretically be prohibited from marrying according to your belief that marriage is primarily for procreation?

My view is that people will procreate whether marriage exists or not. Sexual instincts are biological; people are gonna have sex one way or the other. I agree that it is natural for humans to form social bonds, but marriage as we know it is a creation that has changed over time and will continue to change based on changes in society.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
I didn't say that married couples MUST have children.

I've said, that there's a difference between a relationship were people feel natural desire for each other and the anti-natural relationships. If you want to have sex with someone it means you WANT to have kids with that person, even if you dont really plan to actually have kids. Thus, sex is a natural mechanism for procreation. Having this fact in mind its very clear, that homosexual relationship is broken (you cannot have kids from you same-sex partner ever), anti-natural, and the same goes for homosexual marriage.
Do you seriously think a bunch of horny college kids "want to have kids" with the people they sleep with?
Seriously?

Old 07-10-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Absolutely, on subconscious level.
This is the terrifying world that fundamentalists inhabit. Luckily, those of us in the real world don't pay it any mind.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Dont confuse infertility with homosexuality.
You are the one saying that if a couple can't conceive naturally they can't get married.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:
They cant get married if their relationship is not natural (and its the cause they cant have kids). You confuse the cause and the effect.
Great. Now show me one state marriage law that says that you have to be able, or willing, to reproduce to get married. Otherwise you are simply speaking of your opinions.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
I'm speaking of scientific facts.

Any law that bans homosexual marriages does the job you've mentioned.
So, you got nothing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies