Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2013, 02:09 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,257,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Now, maybe it's been discussed here previously, but with all those injuries, why in the world would you decline medical attention? Hmm.
Well, I have a three part theory:

1) he didn't go to the hospital because his injuries weren't all that bad and he knew it; or

2) he didn't go to the hospital because he was under the influence, possibly mixing his prescription medications with alcohol, and he was afraid that would become obvious during a medical exam; or

3) a combination of one and two.

Whichever it is, those "life threatening" injuries he sustained, and which, according to some, justified his killing an unarmed teenager, turned out to be pretty freakin' negligible.

All this talk about "life threatening" injuries from the Zimmerman defense (and his supporters) has just been trying to prove self defense. I hope the jury sees through it.

5,251 posts, read 14,253,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
She said TM ran from GZ. But, she didn't have to say anything, because TM's actions spoke louder than his words, i.e. even GZ said TM ran, and he followed.

And, I'm saying if YOU were TM, YOU had every right to "stand YOUR ground".
From what? was TM being attacked?

Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
There's one of us who didn't watch the trial. And it's not me.

I'd urge you to watch it on youtube before you make statements that have no basis in fact.
the one who didnt watch the trial is you. It is that simple.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:10 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,825,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post

1) he didn't go to the hospital because his injuries weren't all that bad and he knew it; or

2) he didn't go to the hospital because he was under the influence, possibly mixing his prescription medications with alcohol, and he was afraid that would become obvious during a medical exam; or

Whichever it is, those "life threatening" injuries he sustained, and which, according to some, justified his killing an unarmed teenager, turned out to be pretty freakin' negligible.

All this talk about "life threatening" injuries from the Zimmerman defense (and his supporters) has just been trying to prove self defense. I hope the jury sees through it.
Option 4) He did not have health insurance and could not afford to go to the hospital.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:11 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,671,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post

"Life threatening injuries" implies you get your ass to the hospital. Does it not?

Old 07-12-2013, 02:11 PM

310 posts, read 256,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
She said TM ran from GZ. But, she didn't have to say anything, because TM's actions spoke louder than his words, i.e. even GZ said TM ran, and he followed.

And, I'm saying if YOU were TM, YOU had every right to "stand YOUR ground".
So then, again, you have no facts. If you have no facts to back it up, stop bringing it up. I could very well say that Martin was running to find a spot so he could jump Zimmerman trying to be a badass, but that wouldn't be true and I don't have facts to say so.

This is a trial for Zimmerman and self defense, not me or Martin "standing his ground".

Old 07-12-2013, 02:12 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,253,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
"Life threatening injuries" implies you get your ass to the hospital. Does it not?
No, it means at the time of the attack you were in fear of your life.

16,235 posts, read 25,225,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephM View Post
Absolutely, and certainly the one medical assistant (or RN?) on the jury would question why he wasn't taken to the ER to assess the extent of damage that occurred due to the alleged head bashing.
Two others work at nursing homes. They see falls, skin tears and injuries too. I think the medical backgrounds will help. Plus, they know what a gun shot to the heart would do too.

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
How many more blows to the head or slams to the concrete should Zimmerman have endured? How many more would you have endured. (This all assumes Zimmerman isn't lying. I wasn't there.)
Should GZ's response been to shoot Trayvon dead? Was that his only recourse to being beaten?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
On that we agree. Had Zimmerman kept his butt in his vehicle nobody would have been hurt.
And what the Neighborhood Watch people advise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperDecker30 View Post
It really only takes one hit to the back of the head, or even the front, to kill somebody.
Well, yeah, but obviously GZ is still alive, so his head injuries didn't kill him. We have to deal with what is, not what might have been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I received a concussion off one slam to the ground on a wresting mat in high school. No blood, visible injuries. Head damages can be very serious. So to say he wasnt hurt enough is asinine. That next blow could be the worst. He had every right to defend himself at that point. I dont know how you can even try to argue against it.
His response was extreme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
And if everybody stayed home their entire lives, there would be no car wreck fatalities.

Psssstttt: Zimmerman lived there. He had every right to get out of his car and walk around.
Trayvon was a guest of a resident. He had a right to walk around the 'hood as well.

3,846 posts, read 2,385,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
From what? was TM being attacked?
No, Zimmerman simply showed Trayvon his gun, and explained that he had purchased it for his birthday, but that until now he never had a chance to blow out a candle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies