Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 02:39 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
First of all, of Zimmerman ignored police direction not to follow him and went to confront TM himself, who is to say that he didn't put TM into a situation to defend himself. That's an answer I have yet to hear a GZ supporter give. We're only getting one side of the story. Because the only other person that could tell us what really happened is dead.

You really need to read up on the evidence.

1) Zimmerman was NEVER instructed to stop following Trayvon by any police officer.

2) NO PROOF exists currently that Zimmerman confronted Trayvon.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:39 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,971,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Here is your answer:
That's what a lot of the GZ supporters on this thread are acting like. I've seen a million stupid posts about hoodies and how the kid was a thug, blah blah blah. All of it is based on stereotypes and profiling.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:40 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post

"I asked him where he at, and he told me he at the back of his daddy fiancee house."
You just LOVE posting that, don't you? I think you want to date Rachel ! LOL

Old 07-14-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Absolutely true.

Years ago I was coming back from a vacation in Europe. An African man was one of the passengers, dressed in a suit and tie. Then the person who had the seat next to him arrived. When he saw that a Black man was going to be sitting next to him, oh my god! He created such a ruckus, saying he's not going to sit in that seat next to a ____. Guy yelling this with his southern accent.

I was totally mortified and felt so bad for the Black guy. He appeared to not really understand what the white guy's problem was; maybe he didn't speak English. I was just about to tell the bigot I'd change seats with him when the stewardesses got there and handled the situation.

I was ashamed to be an American that day.

And like Zimmerman all we have is your word.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:41 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,738,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
.....you forgot that part...
In case you didn't know, the verdict is already in, bro. I see no reason for you to judge me. Obviously, you're STILL not satisfied with the outcome.

But, for the record, we was through wit it BEFORE they knew what to do wit it. :chuckles:

Old 07-14-2013, 02:42 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,971,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
You really need to read up on the evidence.

1) Zimmerman was NEVER instructed to stop following Trayvon by any police officer.

2) NO PROOF exists currently that Zimmerman confronted Trayvon.
My mistake on number one. I was thinking about the dispatcher.

Number two, that's just not true and at his point I'm no sure if you're just saying that to heckle TM supporters or if you really believe that statement.

Quote:
That's what a lot of the GZ supporters on this thread are acting like. I've seen a million stupid posts about hoodies and how the kid was a thug, blah blah blah. All of it is based on stereotypes and profiling.
You asked and I provided you the proof of Trayvon supporters race baiting posts. Sorry you can't handle the truth. Time for you to take off the Trayvon colored glasses.

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
He was profiled, it's plain and simple as that. .
Every time you walk out in public you are Profiling people who might do you harm.

Cops profile, you profile... Profiling is a normal survival instinct.

Maybe you meant Profiling purely for race ?

Old 07-14-2013, 02:43 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,220,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
That's the ultimate fact that lead to his acquittal, and the one thing that is ignored by those who feel he should be prosecuted. I don't think GZ was right to be out there with a gun, he shouldn't have been following him, but once Trayvon attacked him he had the right to defend himself.

He likely was racial profiling, and made many poor decisions that night, but he isn't guilty of murder. I feel terrible for Trayvon's family, this is a horrible tragedy, but Trayvon stpped being an innocent victim when he responded with physical violence.
Trayvon had every right to be fearful for his life. As a security guard, Zimmerman went against protocol and not only that, but illegally carrying an armed weapon.

As a young black man in america. I've seen the injustices of law enforcement toward black men. If I'm out walking form the store, innocently, and some cop randomly stalks and harasses me. I'm going to be afraid because too many times have cops done us wrong. Planted drugs on us, beat us, murder us and more.

Zimmerman could have shot him cold out in the dark no one would have never known he did it.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:45 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,738,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
... why don't you give credit for who said it first?
You heard it from the best, so you don't need to hear the rest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies