Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 12:03 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,597,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Zimmerman was innocent and the Not Guilty confirmed this fact.

Innocent until proven guilty.

Sorry don't like it move to Pakistan.
If a person is innocent until proven guilty, they are not proven innocent. Geez.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:04 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,885,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJD View Post
Please explain. Your past few posts show where you stand on the race/racism issue, but what makes you believe that I'm a racist?
I don't have to have a reason, as calling someone a "racist" is nothing more than a device used to de-leverage another's argument, usually when you realize you are intellectually and factually underhanded.

Isn't that how this "race game" **** works? Oh yeah, I'm playing along now.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:04 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,597,108 times
I'm wondering if the people hating on Martin would feel the same way if he had shot Zimmerman in self-defense if he had been legally carrying a weapon?

Old 07-14-2013, 12:05 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,218,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Actually, you are inaccurate, and your bias is showing.

While not under any obligation to run, the facts in this instance are indisputable. Zimmerman wasn't running after Martin, so unless Martin stopped, Zimmerman could not have caught up. Martin was already ahead of Zimmerman.

Zimmerman was not in peak condition, not by any stretch of the imagination.

Lastly, why didn't Martin dial 911?

Don't get me wrong, as I said earlier, I am actually a believer that Zimmerman could have been convicted of involuntary manslaughter, and I could have voted FOR that conviction. If but for his initial actions, this whole chain of events may not have taken place.
Let's see...

I never said Zimmerman was "running" after Martin. Simply that he was following him. And maybe Trayvon didn't want to go directly home until he was sure he'd lost Zimmerman in the fear that he'd find out where he lived.

Why don't you believe Zimmerman was in good shape?

Again, MANY teens boys have a sense of bravado that makes them make (sometime stupid) decisions not to run away from danger. Rather than being seen as a coward, they will face danger instead of running away.

Now, some questions for you:

-Why didn't Zimmerman stay in the car?
-Why did he leave his vehicle with a weapon?

Your answers shouldn't simply because "because he could" because that very same argument could be used for why Trayvon Martin didn't run/didn't call 911, etc.

Again, it's amazing to me how folks are pending the responsibility on Trayvon to deescalate things when he was NOT the one who got them started.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:05 AM

14,887 posts, read 10,068,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
1) Zimmerman is not "proven innocent", just not proven guilty based on the evidence.

2) "Only in America can a black man be put on trial for his own murder." NYT
Zimmerman remains innocent. He was found not guilty and he was innocent until proven guilty, which did not happen. He's innocent of the crime he was accused of, period.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:06 AM

20,700 posts, read 12,575,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
Are you saying that if you are attacked by someone and they break your nose and then are on top of you raining down blows "MMA style", punching and/or banging your head into the ground that it is wrong for you to defend yourself and that you are supposed to let that person murder you or render you permanently mentally retarded?
First off I wouldn't be following someone in my car and then on foot because I would think that would make any normal person very uneasy. If I thought they were up to no good I would have called the police and left it at that.

11,768 posts, read 10,288,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Of course. There's no reason to believe that the guy who chased down a stranger in the neighborhood would do something as extreme as pushing him. I'm not even saying that's what happened. But the blind adherence to GZ word means that you discount that as EVEN a possibility.
Anything is possible, for all we know aliens came down and punched GZ and pushed TM to the ground. However, I'm not going to speculate here. I can only look at what was introduced in the trial to make any determination. I still have questions and I think GZ has some culpability, but any doubt goes to the defendant. The fact is the state couldn't win after circumventing the grand jury and withholding evidence.

6,351 posts, read 9,995,817 times
But notice none of these "Justice for Treyvon Martin" people will ever ask the obvious: WHERE THE HELL WAS THE JUSTICE FOR NICOLE SIMPSON?

Old 07-14-2013, 12:07 AM

3,120 posts, read 8,079,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
"You don't need to do that" is a clear message that he shouldn't be chasing TM. The police conveyed what they wanted him to do, he chose to ignore their recommendation. Are you disputing that?
What all the Trayvon apologists who keep bandying that about fail to realize is that Trayvon did exactly the same thing. Dee Dee testified that Trayvon had reached the back porch of his father's girlfriend's townhouse. Trayvon could have walked inside the townhouse!!! Instead Trayvon went searching for Zimmerman.

Imagine, for a moment, if Trayvon had called the police non-emergency number (NEN):

Trayvon: Uh, hello? 911? A creepy-assed cracker just followed me. I think he might be a pedophile or a rapist or something! Can you help?

NEN dispatcher: OK, just stay inside the townhouse and we'll send an officer to investigate.

Trayvon: Should I go outside and look for him?

NEN dispatcher: No, we don't need you to do that.

Trayvon: Should I punch him in the nose and then bang his head into the sidewalk to see if it explodes like a watermelon?

NEN dispatcher: No, we don't need you to do that.

Trayvon is as equally as guilty as Zimmerman in these regards, but he never called the NEN. Instead he decided to take matters into his own hands.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:07 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,800,386 times
Hundreds of Trayvon Martins, AKA Obummer's Sons, were killed in Chicago in 2012. Where is the outrage, Where are the protests, Where IS OBAMA The Dear Leader to fix this problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies