Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 03:26 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,885,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I do believe that Trayvon believed he was in danger of Zimmerman's use of unlawful force and possibly great bodily hare.
He attacked George and attempted to kill him because he was in fear of George using unlawful force?
Some of you are total morons...

Old 07-14-2013, 03:26 PM

827 posts, read 1,090,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
In 1955, Emmett Till's mother made this profound statement: "Two months ago I had a nice apartment in Chicago. I had a good job. I had a son. When something happened to the Negroes in the South I said, 'That's their business, not mine.' Now I know how wrong I was. The murder of my son has shown me that what happens to any of us, anywhere in the world, had better be the business of us all!!!"
Trayvon Martin is not Emmett Till.

Old 07-14-2013, 03:27 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I guess thats just too bad. Oh well. Maybe the word will get out now that you shouldnt assault people.
Or maybe the word will get out that the man with the gun is given the benefit if the doubt in states like Florida. Maybe those of us who didn't feel that we need guns will now arm ourselves, just in case some creep decides that we look suspicious. Maybe the word will get out, that we should shoot first so no questions can be asked later. Never bring fists to a gun fight, fight fire with fire - maybe those words will get out. Maybe the next time someone like Zimmerman is on the prowl, he'll be killed and I'm sure the outcome will be much different. If isn't just the law that's the problem, it's the subjectivity behind it and the way that its applied.

Old 07-14-2013, 03:27 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
The only thing currently that stands out is that Trayvon is a victim of his choices, until proven otherwise.

Tragic? yes, but none the less true.
Watch for a spree of people who "become victims of their choices" soon in the legal murder state of FL.

Old 07-14-2013, 03:28 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,925 times
Quote:
Show me Objective evidence that Zimmerman never touched Trayvon.

To answer you question, you simply threaten and scare the crap out of someone. Then when they attempt to defend themselves, you shoot!
Are you saying because someone pushes you (we know he didn't strike him) that you are justified to put a beat down on them and bash their head into the side walk?

3,120 posts, read 8,066,236 times
Quote:
You are blaming the victim. Perhaps Zimmerman had the audacity to follow all the way to where Trayvon lived. Trayvon believed Z would enter the home and therefore Trayvon defended his castle.

Remember this the next time an intruder kills a homeowner in his backyard out of "self-defense."
...The physical altercation took place away from the townhouse. It wasn't in the back yard. And why didn't Trayvon call the police?!? (Answer: Because he left the safety of the townhouse with malice aforethought and wanted to teach the creepy-assed cracker a lesson.)

3,436 posts, read 2,950,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wargamer6 View Post
Trayvon Martin is not Emmett Till.
George Zimmerman is NOT a good man. Justice was NOT served in a court of law.

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
Why are some people on this thread calling Martin "Martian?" I don't get the joke.

Old 07-14-2013, 03:29 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,210,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
A jury of his peers finds that Zimmerman did do the right thing. Had they not they would have convicted him beyond a reasonable doubt.

You just cant accept that.
I can accept the verdict. In fact I mention it in this very thread.

Instead of trying to be insulting, why not answer the question?

Old 07-14-2013, 03:29 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Blogger's letter to GZ

Dear George Zimmerman,

For the rest of your life you are now going to feel what its like to be a black man in America.

You will feel people stare at you. Judging you for what you think are unfair reasons. You will lose out on getting jobs for something you feel is outside of your control. You will believe yourself to...
be an upstanding citizen and wonder why people choose to not see that.

People will cross the street when they see you coming. They will call you hurtful names. It will drive you so insane some days that you'll want to scream at the top of your lungs. But you will have to wake up the next day, put on firm look and push through life.

I bet you never thought that by shooting a black male you'd end up inheriting all of his struggles.

Enjoy your "freedom."

Sincerely,

A black male who could've been Trayvon Martin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies