Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 08:25 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,579,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
You do realize no one is forcing you to participate in it, don't you?
I do. Thank you.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:27 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Actually, one of the medical "experts" (can't remember which one now) said you could punch someone and not have evidence.

Repeat: The jury was not instructed as to the length of sentencing. It's remotely possible some of them could have known this beforehand, but I'd bet they didn't. The questioning during jury selection would have weeded out those who had this knowledge.

well, two of them had lawyer husbands, or so I thought. So it is not impossible.

89,029 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
No we don't. We acknowledge, but what we don't understand is what led to the attack. He pursued Trayvon as a STRANGER. Not a man of authority. I'd think anyone in that situation would feel uncomfortable with some strange person following them.
Just as I've felt uncomfortable when strange persons have followed me. However, I did not then commit criminal battery. TM's mistake was committing criminal assault and battery. Had he not committed the crime to which one is LEGALLY permitted to forcefully defend oneself, the outcome may well have been very different.

The entire case rests upon TM's battery of Z, and Z's legal right to forcefully defend himself. Don't want to get shot in self-defense? DON'T commit battery.

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
You have ZERO proof....not even a ounce of logic that points to Trayvon being trapped.

"Fight or flight" only applies to the aggression as the last resort.
One should never run when there is a gun aimed at your chest. Of course in this case, maybe it would have been better for Trayvon to run. How would Porky get away with self defense when his victim has a bullet in the back?

Old 07-14-2013, 08:28 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,778,165 times
And then the tables got turned on him

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
This is an excellent point.

I don't know about anyone else, but if someone is following me in the dark, I pretty much assume they are looking for trouble and probably mean to harm me. I don't assume they are a security guard or neighborhood watch captain.

Trayvon had every right to turn the tables and approach Zimmerman. We simply don't know who said what at that point, because there ARE NO WITNESSES other than the defendant. The only other person who was there is dead and in the ground. We have no idea who said what, and we have no idea who attacked who first or why.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:29 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
People do crazy things to make it look like the crime was less than it was. Who knows.
C'mon Metz, don't demean your credibility.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:31 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post

If anything, Zimmerman should consider lawsuits against them for defamation and against the Estate of Trayvon Martin for battery.
you think porky wants Trayvons earbuds? yeah, he probably does. oink!

Old 07-14-2013, 08:32 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Just as I've felt uncomfortable when strange persons have followed me. However, I did not then commit criminal battery. TM's mistake was committing criminal assault and battery. Had he not committed the crime to which one is LEGALLY permitted to forcefully defend oneself, the outcome may well have been very different.

The entire case rests upon TM's battery of Z, and Z's legal right to forcefully defend himself. Don't want to get shot in self-defense? DON'T commit battery.
Why do you make the leap that TM attacked GZ when we know that GZ was the one pursuing a fleeing TM?

Old 07-14-2013, 08:33 PM

17,426 posts, read 14,657,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Just as I thought after reading the jury instructions that there was no way they would find GZ guilty, I can't possibly see a way (after the FBI investigation) that the DOJ can move forward with civil rights charges.

Just watch. There's going to be some major "blow up/scandal/political coup" over the next several days - week to divert the dumb country's attention. "Don't look over there ... lookie lookie over HERE."

We are a nation of idiots.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:34 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,735,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
well, two of them had lawyer husbands, or so I thought. So it is not impossible.
I have refrained from making speculations on any of these threads, but I will say this. You are probably correct, plus most folks who have a Permit are made aware of this if they had a good trainer. Carrying a weapon brings a whole lot of risks and responsibility, and if you do, you better be aware of it. You will get no slack for a bad shoot, ever.

Believe me I have had a permit since 87, and there are days when I have left it home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies