Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 11:26 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Few also refer to their progeny as "homo sapiens." Does the refusal to use terms that are technically accurate in favor of terms that are used more often in common parlance mean that we should then confer rights to human life at any point in the process of development?
LOL!

Really?

Old 07-13-2013, 11:27 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
No.

It's the controlling faction of the abortion lobby.

DO NOT say BABY!

Take away the humanity.

Call them "fetuses", "Zygotes" and "clumps of cells".

It's how they fool uneducated women into going through with the abortion.

It's also how they try to eliminate the guilt afterwards.

Can't let a sale get away!
Those poor, simple, easily bamboozled women!

See, that's why we need to punish the doctors, not the mothers. THE MOTHERS ARE VICTIMS TOO!!!

Old 07-13-2013, 11:28 AM

Quote:
LOL!

Really?
Do you think rights should be conferred to two-month old "babies" in the womb?

Old 07-13-2013, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Those poor, simple, easily bamboozled women!

See, that's why we need to punish the doctors, not the mothers. THE MOTHERS ARE VICTIMS TOO!!!
The doctors should only be punished for illegal abortions.

The women ARE victims.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Do you think rights should be conferred to two-month old "babies" in the womb?
Yes I do.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
The doctors should only be punished for illegal abortions.

The women ARE victims.
Precisely the argument you have to make. You know that supporting penalties for mothers will have little support. How, oh how, can you come up with a justification for not supporting penalties for a mother who hires someone to kill her "baby?" Ah, there, you've got it! Why, why, the poor, dumb woman has been bamboozled by the doctor! See! We can't possibly prosecute a poor victim like that!

The respect you folks have for women, most especially their health, is truly overwhelming.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Yes I do.
Why do you arbitrarily select conception as the point to confer rights when human life clearly begins long before that point?

Old 07-13-2013, 11:39 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
That's BS. Making up "factoids" to support an agenda is typical of liberals.

How many "medical necessity" abortions can you name? Most times abortion is used for birth control reasons, not medical reasons.
ready is fundamental ...I said late term abortions

Old 07-13-2013, 11:54 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Like I said,...if you don't live in Texas, why all the hand wringing?

There are already abortion clinics in every metropolitan area in Texas. This legislation mandates that existing abortion clinics become more like hospitals in their procedures.
They don't have to become like hospitals - they just need to have Physicians that can be accredited for admitting at hospitals. They also have to have Physicians actually perform the abortions instead of "assistants" or Gosnell sytle high school kids. Planned Parenthood doesn't want any oversight, they don't want to produce any records and they want the option of doing late term abortions - as late term as they choose.

There are over 400 Ambulatory (aka Out-patient) clinics in Texas - I've been in at least 3 of them. Any abortion doctor that can't get guest privileges at a hospital and can't maintain the standards of a clinic that does some surgery ..... needs to get out of that money making business. These new laws in several States are a direct result of the Gosnell type of cases and the Far Left Abortion at any cost advocates.

If they had stepped up to the plate against these butchers - I doubt we would suddenly be seeing all these "clinic" and "doctor" regulation laws. It was a major black mark against the Pro-Abortion crowd and the media that tried to ignore the Gosnell case.

Let's be clear about this - I'm Pro-Choice for several reasons, but I'm sure not one of these radical Pro-Abortion at any cost folks. 20 weeks has 69% approval nationwide, if the Abortion crowd won't police their own clinics then they can expect the Government to do so.

The Texas Law will go to court, just as the same Wisconsin law has gone to court .... the up side is that it may force people to take a hard look at the way some of these clinics operate.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:04 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,496 times
Quote:
Yes I do.
Please explain why you feel those rights are forfeit if the fetus is aborted by a doctor with admitting privileges at a hospital 30 miles away, but not if the fetus is aborted by a doctor with admitting privileges 32 miles away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies