Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 11:16 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Respect is earned. First off racial profiling is rarely solely about race. Your non-verbal cues come into play as well. Elderly Black men are rarely profiled. The fact is that young Black males commit a disproportionate amount of violent crime in this country. Until this is reduced folks have every right to view young black men with suspicion even Jesse Jackson does it.
That's a huge issue, it seems like there is no more respect anymore. Everyone as it seems thinks they are entitled. I see it every day in the work place. Some new engineer right out of college things he knows everything and thinks they can run the company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 11:16 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Many have the tendency to defend racial profiling as a "rational" practice and usually point to broad statistics to justify it. But they are also typically the first to decry the perception that certain groups receive "special treatment" based on race. But doesn't racial profiling amount precisely to special treatment based on race as well? It seems to me that those who advocate for the interest of "security" while accepting racial profiling as a valid tool do so only at the expense of another's liberty, just as they value liberty only at the expense of another's security.
Someone just raped your daughter. She describes what the guy looks like so the public may be able to identify the rapist and report him to the police. Don't you want that description in the media to be that he's white, black or brown, in addition to his age, height and hair color so the public can actually help?

Someone sets off a bomb that kills your family and there is an eye witness but the police don't tell the media if he's Asian, Middle Eastern, black, white or Hispanic because that's politically incorrect. Meanwhile, since nobody knows what the guy really looks like, because they aren't told, he's able to get by public observers, set off another biomb and kill someone else's family.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:18 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Someone just raped your daughter. She describes what the guy looks like so the public may be able to identify the rapist and report him to the police. Don't you want that description in the media to be that he's white, black or brown, in addition to his age, height and hair color so the public can actually help?

Someone sets off a bomb that kills your family and there is an eye witness but the police don't tell the media if he's Asian, Middle Eastern, black, white or Hispanic because that's politically incorrect. Meanwhile, since nobody knows what the guy really looks like, because they aren't told, he's able to get by public observers, set off another biomb and kill someone else's family.
Yeah but it's more important to not upset any groups of people who may look the same as the perp. They could get their feeling hurt which is more important than catching a rapist or stopping a killer after all.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yeah but it's more important to not upset any groups of people who may look the same as the perp. They could get their feeling hurt which is more important than catching a rapist or stopping a killer after all.
I know your being sarcastic but sadly that seems to be the case more now then ever.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:23 AM

Our country is becoming more insane by the day. That article I posted about NY wanting to not allow any description of a suspect other than their clothing is the type of madness that is being hoisted upon us all. Just sheer stupidity.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Our country is becoming more insane by the day. That article I posted about NY wanting to not allow any description of a suspect other than their clothing is the type of madness that is being hoisted upon us all. Just sheer stupidity.
Sure seems biased towards the criminal doesn't it...

Old 07-15-2013, 11:35 AM

945 posts, read 968,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Many have the tendency to defend racial profiling as a "rational" practice and usually point to broad statistics to justify it. But they are also typically the first to decry the perception that certain groups receive "special treatment" based on race. But doesn't racial profiling amount precisely to special treatment based on race as well? It seems to me that those who advocate for the interest of "security" while accepting racial profiling as a valid tool do so only at the expense of another's liberty, just as they value liberty only at the expense of another's security.
It is actually quite easy to justify. You use science, which is what almost anything of importance is based on and its methods. Even if you are in one of those dangerously perceived races, you still have constitutional protections.

Race is just a hot-button topic because its is commonly used for political gain. People practice ageism and sexism on a routine basis and in some cases it is institutionalized.

Why do we pay no attention to a 90-year old woman, barely able to move faster than 1 MPH with a walker regardless of race? It is because life experience, actions and scientific data have tough us that elderly woman pass not only the real-life test of safety they also pass the data/science test of 'safe'. They don't commit crimes compared to other demographics.

Now let us pretend the same elderly person is spotted our of your peripheral while driving. Are you more or less concerned with this 'old' person hitting/merging/swerving into you or someone else than a 25 year old black kid? I surely am, because as a proportion I would be willing to guess elderly women are more dangerous than 25 year olds (and black if you must).

Right now, blacks due to data, personal experiences and societal breakdowns have huge perception problems due to their own actions. Blacks have committed obscenely high proportions of crimes, celebrate and champion low-lifestyles, impregnating women aimlessly, not working, stealing, committing crimes, low bar for education and hosts and hosts of over traits that are just not desirable to the majority of polite, decent society.

So, until Chicago isn't a war zone, Detroit isn't Baghdad 2.0 and people see an overall lift in the average black man's education, self-reliance and GDP contribution then there will be no ground made up in the Black Vs Society fight.

Asians have mastered the craft of coming to a country, respecting it, thriving in it and also maintaining some semblance of their own culture while blacks have done the worst with the most help.

I am quite baffled at the lack of progress, but here is where I stop.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:35 AM

Yep they don't want us defending our homes just call 911. Then when the police show up and ask what the guy looked like who was breaking in the back door to kill my family I have to say well he was wearing a shirt and pants. Go get him officer. That is IF they show up in time.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:52 PM

945 posts, read 968,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
i said the same thing.

whites whine about the tsa because it affects them, but they dont care about stop and frisk because it doesnt affect them.

No, I think people care about the TSA because they do not use science, logic or common-sense in their priorities for security.

We have a very small minority of people (middle eastern and African muslims) that commit the overwhelming amount of terrorist attacks via airplanes, which seems pretty logical until proven otherwise to use as the #1 qualifier when probing for terrorist suspects.

Patting down the 90 year old and 10 year olds is literally the opposite of common-sense and science, and when we do have a 90 year old or 10 year old commit such a crime then we can redo the formula for top priority suspects.

As far as stop and frisk, Mayor Bloomberg the biggest fraud of all mayors even said they shake down whites way too often. When that clown is saying it, you know its woefully out of control and futile.

The common-sense in this country is truly at an all-time low. The thought of these people canceling out votes of engineers, doctors, accountants, etc that are actually intelligent, educated with the vote of these low-life buffoons gives you zero hope for the savage populous you have to live with.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:34 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
Quote:
"Breaking News- Police are on the lookout for a man who raped 6 women in the past week near the J subway station. Because of Anti-Profiling Laws, law enforcement are not allowed to give a detailed description of the alleged rapist or release any photos to help women protect themselves. Just stay inside and don't leave the house until we tell you so. Keep watching News 4 for more breaking news."

Photo of rapist leaked via Twitter:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies