Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2013, 09:47 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,395,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
If they really didn't get that information in the trial, then she seems to have been paying more attention to the case than she revealed during jury selection.

Also, her husband is an attorney, although probably not a criminal attorney. Still, it's hard to believe they never discussed the case.
How do you figure that? Were you aware that the jury was sequestered? Apparently not.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:47 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
B37 said, "I think George Zimmerman is a man whose heart is in the right place, but just got displaced by the vandalism in the neighborhood and wanting to catch these people so badly that he went above and beyond what he should have done. His heart was in the right place, but it just went terribly wrong. ----I think he's guilty of not using good judgment. "

She said, "Circumstances caused George to believe that Trayvon might be a robber. There had been an unbelievable number of robberies in the neighborhood."

Did the number of burglaries in that neighborhood ever get reported in the trial?

She said Zimmerman was guilty of "trying to help people." I think that's what I just heard her say. Well, he sure didn't help Trayvon.
Wendy Dorival testified that before meeting to form the NW she checked the crime reports and, yes indeedy, there was a steep increase in burglaries and thefts.

No, I'm not going to find he testimony to give you a link.

The reason this juror comes across so bad --- she sounds too darn white. She might even live where cracka and ***** aren't everyday words. Disgusting woman.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
B37 said, "I think George Zimmerman is a man whose heart is in the right place, but just got displaced by the vandalism in the neighborhood and wanting to catch these people so badly that he went above and beyond what he should have done. His heart was in the right place, but it just went terribly wrong. ----I think he's guilty of not using good judgment. "

She said, "Circumstances caused George to believe that Trayvon might be a robber. There had been an unbelievable number of robberies in the neighborhood."

Did the number of burglaries in that neighborhood ever get reported in the trial?

She said Zimmerman was guilty of "trying to help people." I think that's what I just heard her say. Well, he sure didn't help Trayvon.
Yes, the robberies in the neighborhood were part of the evidence.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:55 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Maybe with just people like Rachel. I would bet if Anderson had asked her about Captain Carter, she would have found him extremely credible. Or at least I did. He was personable, intelligent, funny, and handsome.

People here kept calling Rachel "authentic" and saying anyone who felt she was a disaster that they were just a racist. But at least the juror interviewed saw her as many of us did here- a poorly educated young lady who didn't seem credible.

And since she was the person who Trayvon spent 7 hours with on his last day, it reflected poorly on him as well.

I think some of that was offset by Sybrina and Trayvon's brother, who presented worlds apart from RJ. But RJ was the friend Trayvon chose for himself and the person he talked to on the phone for hours. She was the only friend we saw.

George's friends presented themselves much better and were more relatable to the middle aged women on the jury.

If the prosecution had a group of Trayvon's friends testifying that came across like his brother and Captain Carter and George's group of friends came across as a bunch of uneducated white trash people, the jury would have related to Trayvon's friends.

It's not about race nearly as much as it is education and presentation.
That threw black people on twitter into a rage. Folks really think people can speak in incomprehensible English and folks should just be like whatever.

Just check out her reasoning.

Quote:
RACHEL JEANTEL, FRIEND OF TRAYVON: Well, the jury, they see their facts. My thoughts of the jury, they old, that's old school people. We in a new school, our generation, my generation. So --

Old 07-15-2013, 09:56 PM

Quote:
I don't blame the jurors. I believe they did the best they could with the case they were presented.

I blame the prosecution for putting on a terrible case, showing the jury all of George's videos and re-enactments, and not better preparing their two KEY witnesses, Rachel Jeantel, and the Medical Examiner.
Say what? YOU started this thread by stating that the trial was over the minute the jury was selected...and you are now saying you don't blame the jury? 4 pages of thread ago you STARTED a thread stating that you did.

Are you kidding me???? Upset everyone didn't climb into total agreement with you? Glad the jurors in the trial had enough conviction to deliberate for 16 hours. Took you 16 minutes to change your whole position.

If you didn't believe something, why did you start the thread?

Old 07-15-2013, 09:57 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Yep.

She decided to get called for jury duty, then convinced the other jurors he was innocent and all to make money.

Her husband is an attorney and her kids are out of the house. I'm sure she needs the money. lols.

And she could just as easily sell a book deal if found guilty.

And she won't get that much anyway. Books like this don't bring in millions of dollars. The profit off book sales is usually pretty sad. 20,000 copies a week will get you on the NYT Bestsellers list.
You should try your hand at writing novels. How about "Runaway Jury" for the title of this one?

Old 07-15-2013, 09:59 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
You don't think hee husband could've set something up? There's no doubt publishers were waiting for the chance to get at least one to do a book.
How would he know that is what she wanted him to do?

Old 07-15-2013, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Trayvon's behavior wasn't that strange though.

If George had seen a white woman strolling around in the rain looking around at the houses, would he have thought that person suspicious? If he had seen a white teenager dressed in shorts and a T-shirt doing that would he have thought that person suspicious? I mean, it was only 7 pm. Lots of people are walking around at that hour. It wasn't 4 a.m.
As the case was not about race, why are you attempting to make it a factor?

Old 07-15-2013, 10:03 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
How would he know that is what she wanted him to do?
Dont know. Just threw it out there as an idea. I can't buy into a conspiracy at this point, that's for sure.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Wendy Dorival testified that before meeting to form the NW she checked the crime reports and, yes indeedy, there was a steep increase in burglaries and thefts.

No, I'm not going to find he testimony to give you a link.

The reason this juror comes across so bad --- she sounds too darn white. She might even live where cracka and ***** aren't everyday words. Disgusting woman.
So her race and ethnicity make her disgusting? Good thing you aren't doing any racial profiling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies