Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2013, 10:31 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8n View Post
Yes. I would imagine both she and her agent had some nice words of wisdom hurled at them via social media.
It seems the book people withdrew their offer (apparently).

Book News: Zimmerman Juror Drops Book Plans : The Two-Way : NPR

See comment by Michael Johnson and replies.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:33 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I'll add one more thing. Angela Corey and BDLR have put more black men on death row than any other prosecutors in FL. Angela Corey was the same prosecutor who sent that warning shot mom to jail for 20 years.

Bernie said he has won 79 out of 81 murder cases. And in many of them, he has been accused of hiding evidence from the defense, just like he did in this case. Those poor black men didn't have televised cases and a team of lawyers working full time for free. So any tricks pulled by the prosecution in their cases were much harder to overcome.

If you truly care about the rights of black people, get off the Zimmerman case (which was not about race) and let's work together to get Corey and BDLR disbarred. That would actually be helpful to black justice in FL.
Death row cases in Florida have FREE APPEALS for indigent inmates....and almost ALL inmates on death row are indigent.

If "Bernie" hid evidence in so many of those cases, a LARGE NUMBER OF THEM would have been exposed in the post-conviction collateral appeal. Yes, those state-paid appellate attorney do in fact have "legal teams" investigating those cases, reading through ALL the legal files (files from DAY-ONE of the case) from all law enforcement agencies involved (including FDLE, etc.), all the prosecutors' case files, the defense teams/lawyers' files, all the prison and jail files during any incarceration, SPECIFICALLY LOOKING FOR "HIDDEN" discovery evidence. When an attorney withholds evidence which would have been helpful to the defense during their preparation for trial and presentation to a jury, it's called a BRADY VIOLATION. Look up Brady v. Maryland if you want. A Brady Violation is grounds for a NEW TRIAL. In Florida, I think it's 23 or 25 inmates have been removed from death row as a result of the collateral appeals. In fact, remember "Baby Lolipops" case? The woman convicted of brutally, over a period of time, of killing her baby son won a NEW TRIAL over exactly that, a Brady Violation.

So, if Bernie has "hidden" evidence over and over and over, even in death row cases, can you tell us how many times he's been found to have committed Brady violations? How many bar complaints? And when was the last time he was discovered to have committed a Brady violation? The appellate attorneys for death row inmates are very good at their jobs and they have legal teams working with them.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:33 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,952,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I've looked - there was no definite deal from a publisher. Publisher's Marketplace lists book deals.
The publisher Sharlene Martin pulled the deal, yes. the power of Twitter. I'm glad this juror won't be making money. She says gz went above and beyond his boundaries, yet still finds him not guilty. dumbass.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:37 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

That's what I was wondering about, did the publisher withdraw the offer after seeing the interview and taking note of the reaction to it?

Why would any publisher want to waste money publishing a book that very few people would even consider buying? I strongly suspected that the entire reason for her interview with Cooper was for pre-publication "publicity" for the book. She bombed big-time, IMO.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:38 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
And still ~ at least half of America disagrees. Go figure.

Not everything is black and white. There are shades of gray and I believe this case falls into that. Evidence can be interpreted different ways by different people. Experts can be bought and paid for.

There is NO absolute 'truth' in this matter.
Half of America has an IQ of less than 100. It really doesn't proove anything.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:42 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,022,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

I don't see anything on there about a book deal being offered though (or rescinded). The person she retained for representation, Sharlene Martin, is an agent. She helps broker book deals with a publisher. However, as I stated before, no publisher offer was made (or it would have been listed in Publisher's Marketplace). If the agent dropped her, fine, but it wasn't the publisher as there was never even a deal.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:45 AM

199 posts, read 241,764 times
I am so glad this book deal was dropped. She has no right to profit off of a murdered teenager that she was not related to or even knew. Why on earth would she even think about such a thing?

Old 07-16-2013, 10:45 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
The jury was only 6 but it was unanimous.
My bad, I always think of the traditional 12 and was up wayyyy too early today lol.

Regardless, it was a relatively short deliberation reaching a 6-0 vote.

People trying to now malign the jury because they don't like the verdict really need to take a step back.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:46 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
These days it seems that every idiot with a computer wants to write a book.

If this one is published, I'll add it to the list of books I won't buy or read. I like Steinbeck and Dickens better anyway.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:47 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,022,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
These days it seems that every idiot with a computer wants to write a book.

If this one is published, I'll add it to the list of books I won't buy or read. I like Steinbeck and Dickens better anyway.
I must give a shout out to some of my contemporary writers to say there are some that are quite well written and worth the time. Okay, tiny derail over.

ETA: Actually writing a book is quite difficult. Most of the celeb and quick to market books are ghost written. So, 'any' idiot can't just write a book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies