Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2013, 11:55 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,383,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Love that show!
Cynic!

Old 07-22-2013, 11:59 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,383,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
riginally Posted by steven_h
You do realize that her testimony of seeing GZ on top of the body is post gunshot? By all accounts during the actual fight, Martin was pounding Zimmerman. Martin had no abrasions to his head, but plenty on his knuckles. What does this tell a thinking person?

When a cop shoots a suspect the first thing they do is put them face down, knee in the back, and cuff their hands behind them.

It doesn't matter how badly they are hurt, or even if they are dead. This guy dies 2 minutes after this image was taken, and he is on his face with his hands cuffed.

In other words you are "attacking me instead of the facts?"

Hey, don't attack me! Attack the facts, Dude! -Nonarchist
Pull yourself together, Steven.

I'm only attacking Zimmerman's sick game, the one you've adopted.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:09 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,156,271 times
I just cant resist saying that I wouldnt bend over backwards to object if we were to ship zimmerman off to Iran to have a "trial".......

Old 07-22-2013, 12:09 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,397,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
trials over.
you lost.

george zimmerman saved lives that night by bringing the rein of terror otherwise known as Skittles to a halt.

George is a hero...
George also helped save a family of four from an overturned Ford on Thursday.

Last edited by Sun Thinker; 07-22-2013 at 12:20 PM.. Reason: car description

Old 07-22-2013, 12:11 PM

264 posts, read 280,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
No he didn't profile the boy, it was freakin dark, the kid had on a hoodie....GZ didn't know who he was, what color he was.....he was tailing someone who was walking in and out from between homes, and the president is an idot for getting involved....surely was not professional in the least...he shouldn't be commenting on something like this....
for God's sake, how many blacks are shot each and every day but nothing is said about....

Where is the proof that GZ profiled him, the 911 telephone woman asked him if the boy was black, and GZ said yes....

So, from now on, if someone runs down another person, and the cop puts out an APB, on the driver and says it's a black many mid 30's that is racist?????? Give me a break.....

and the only reason Obama is commenting is for political reasons, period....
I'd have had much more respect for him if he'd have kept his mouth shut and/or said something like, this business of racial profiling allegations has to stop....doesn't matter what color his skin is, what matters is a young man is dead...how many whites get killed every day? No one says anything about that, do they?

I'm sick of this bull about racists, etc....the more you force this down people's throats the more it is kept alive.
I'm very very very sorry Trayvon is gone...sorry for his parents....but if Trayvon had been white, the boy would be gone as well....and if people refuse to admit that...then all this racist business will be kept alive, by you and by everyone else....who insists, GZ saw a black boy and shot him cuz he hates blacks....NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He knew what he was doing...he didn't like the black "thug" in his neighborhood. Where is the proof that he didn't profile him? You think if it was an elderly white woman out there this would have happened? Not a chance. He judged somebody by their appearance, it's up for debate if being black had a major part to do with that. I don't know and neither do you or anyone else besides GZ.

Lots of excuses are being made for George, but I don't buy into it. I also think that people profiling is common, any race to any race. Do I think he should have been convicted of manslaughter? Yes I do, but I can live with the verdict. I think OJ and Anthony should have been convicted also, but none were - it is what it is and I wasn't on any of the juries.

What does Obama have to gain politically for speaking his mind? He's already a lame duck president. I thought his speech was one of the best ones I've heard in recent memory - you are not obligated to agree. Sure, white people get murdered also, but blacks also get killed by whites and there is no real mention in the media. This blew up the way it did because there was no original arrest made and the media ate it up.

America will never agree on this case, but I do agree with you that it is time to put this thing to rest.

Much respect to you and your post - you kept is civil while stating your opinion. I appreciate that.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:12 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,518,653 times
Default Lovely Tweets emerge from St. Skittles (Tray Tray)

* WARNING: Rough language ahead.

The Daily Caller obtains Trayvon Martin’s tweets | The Daily Caller

I think this entire thing is a major distraction and an easy way to divide the dumb asses with suppressed violent urges that have infested this country, but this kid (who was wrongfully murdered regardless of how you feel about it) was on the fast lane to a ****ty life and probably would have at least frequented prison.

My point is that we should protest where it truly matters and just look at the **** crumbling around us that effects ALL of us.

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-22-2013 at 03:24 PM.. Reason: post the link only

Old 07-22-2013, 12:12 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,156,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwkilgore View Post
A son with Michelle would definitely look more like Trayvon, no question. But if Obama had married a white woman (why not?), his son would look more like Zimmerman.

My point stands... Biologically, Obama could have a son that looks like either Trayvon or George.
This totally misses the point of why he said that..he could have a son who looks asian if his wife was Japanese, ok, so what? Some of you miss the point he is making, he js relating to how black people are profiled in society, how they are often seen as suspicious just bc of skin color....

Old 07-22-2013, 12:13 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
The trial is over. A verdict has been handed down.

All this is is irrelevant, inflammatory character assassination. The kid is dead. Let it rest.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:15 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times
he is an angel. obama could have been him.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:19 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,813,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Cynic!
Naw, Lisa Edelstein is hot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies