Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2013, 05:37 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,091,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
GZ's priorities obviously changed between 2010 and 2013. He's unstable. In 2010, GZ was paid to do these things. Maybe it was part of his job description at that time. Maybe he had political aspirations then and wanted to make an impression in the local community and boost his resume. In 2013, he racially profiled TM, stalked him, confronted him knowing that an altercation could cause him to use his gun to shoot an obviously unarmed boy. He didn't show the boy the gun, so as not to discourage him from standing up for himself. He allowed TM to appear to get the upper hand, before shooting him. He didn't have to get out of that car and start a confrontation knowing that he was armed. He didn't have to insult TM. He didn't have to make the altercation a reality. He didn't have to shoot TM when TM was running away and screaming/pleading for his life. GZ is a mentally-unstable man. Who knows? Next week, he might be trying to sell single tissues of toilet paper on the street corner to elderly passersby.

GZ benefited from a lousy prosecution team, stupid, racially-biased jurors, and a deceptive defense. What a conniver. The man must now live the rest of his life in fear. I think inevitably, he will be dealt a fatal blow.
You are so wrong, you can't even get the year right!

Old 07-19-2013, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaDucky View Post
One quick way to check yourself on this issue is to swap around the race of the men in question. First imagine the races are reversed with George being black and Treyvon being white. Think about it for awhile. Really, really think about it and just feel it. Then make both men white. Now try black. How have your feelings changed in each case.

It won't change anything but it will give you insight into yourself
Only the racists would think it makes a difference. That's why the GZ supporters are right on target with the jury decision being correct.

Old 07-19-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Were you there? How was he "acting?" I thought his major initial crime was that he was simply wearing a hoodie in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Didn't watch the trial, right?

Old 07-19-2013, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
My problem has been since this story broke is why Zimmerman didn't listen to that 911 dispatcher...she told him to just let the police take care of it and not to pursue this...yet he defied the operator....this death was so wrong...Zimmerman wouldn't have to 'defend' himself if he just listened to the 911 operator....my guess is that the family will probably file a civil suit for $$...i doubt the justice department will do anything....also, i wasn't aware that certain neighborhood watch patrols allowed their members to bring firearms...normally they only are allowed a vid camera and phone.
Yet you really never paid attention to the whole call GZ made to the dispatcher did you? When he was asked if he was following the "suspect", GZ said yes, and the dispatcher said, "We don't need you to do that." Not really a command, was it? The dispatcher did however tell GZ to keep them informed as to what he is doing. How could he do that after TM ran around the corner of the building?

Old 07-19-2013, 05:56 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Yet you really never paid attention to the whole call GZ made to the dispatcher did you? When he was asked if he was following the "suspect", GZ said yes, and the dispatcher said, "We don't need you to do that." Not really a command, was it? The dispatcher did however tell GZ to keep them informed as to what he is doing. How could he do that after TM ran around the corner of the building?
Now - you are being disingenuous. Was GZ so dumb that he needed a 911 operator to give him a COMMAND? Does anyone really believe that the dispatcher wanted GZ to follow Trayvon around the corner? A two year old could answer that one.

I'll bet you that today - GZ wishes he had stayed in the car like a reasonable and prudent person would have and should have done.

Old 07-19-2013, 05:59 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,543,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
How many Black teens have been killed by other blacks just this year in Chicago ?

For only 15% of the population, they are way ahead in head count if you want to look at murders.
As an innocent bystander, I am far more afraid of adolescent white American males.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:03 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,411,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
I believe almost anyone regrets killing a person, even in war.
Zimmerman did in fact say, during his interview with Hannity, that he had no regrets nor would he do anything differently if he had a chance.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Now - you are being disingenuous. Was GZ so dumb that he needed a 911 operator to give him a COMMAND? Does anyone really believe that the dispatcher wanted GZ to follow Trayvon around the corner? A two year old could answer that one.

I'll bet you that today - GZ wishes he had stayed in the car like a reasonable and prudent person would have and should have done.
I am sure GZ wishes it had never happened, but he will never admit that he did anything illegal, because he didn't. Nothing illegal happened until someone threw the first punch, and most people believe it was TM that did that. Not that that even matters, as much as the fact that he was beating GZ to where GZ believed he could die if he didn't put a stop to it.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:07 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,789,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post

I learned one thing from this, and that is to carry a gun AND a knife.
I learned on thing from this, and that is: Never attack, knock down, and beat a stranger who has not attacked you.

Especially in an area where people are allowed to carry concealed weapons (as all areas should be).

Old 07-19-2013, 06:14 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
I am sure GZ wishes it had never happened, but he will never admit that he did anything illegal, because he didn't. Nothing illegal happened until someone threw the first punch, and most people believe it was TM that did that. Not that that even matters, as much as the fact that he was beating GZ to where GZ believed he could die if he didn't put a stop to it.
Did I say he should admit to anything illegal? I wouldn't either - if I were him; certainly not at this point.

However, when alone and his mind wanders back to ALL that has transpired this past year - yes, I'll bet he wishes he would have stayed put. Even Juror B37 felt that he 'took things too far'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies