Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2013, 04:10 AM

27,158 posts, read 15,330,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
If Trayvon were a white person, he would still be alive.

Show your evidence of this.

Old 07-20-2013, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You're not keeping up with urban youth lingo. I learned from Rachel that it's 'cracka' not 'cracker' and it means like a cop or security guard, some time of authority person of any color. She also taught me the n word nigg-A is different than ....ER.

I guess where those words are common everyday language, people have to be very careful in pronunciation.

If that is/was the case then that says that TM knew he was attacking an authority figure.

Either way it is not good nor right.

Old 07-20-2013, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Griff View Post
What yards? From what I could tell, these were apartment complexes. There were no "yards" nor houses. When I lived in an apartment complex, it was common to see kids and teenagers walking along the grass in back of the complex, or cutting between apartment buildings when walking from the main street into the complex or vice versa.

One of my questions about Zimmerman is, when did he have time to chamber his round? See, for the people who are taking sides and claiming that their side is completely innocent, the truth somewhere between. There were a lot of details that obviously never surfaced because the other party is dead.

As far as Trayvon being a thug: I don't know how wearing a hoodie is "dressing like a thug". I don't think he necessarily acted like a thug, besides being an immature and irresponsible young man. I live in Baltimore and see real thugs almost daily (if you're streetwise enough, you can pick them out). Trayvon doesn't fit. However, maybe a working definition of "thug", that we can all agree on, is necessary so we can see whether or not he really fits.

Almost all that carry do so with a round in the chamber.
Wouldn't make sense not to do so.

Question answered.

Old 07-20-2013, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, I read about that study. As a percentage, blacks have been getting more favorable verdicts in SYG cases than whites.

When does Holder begin the investigation on this?

Old 07-20-2013, 04:37 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
He smirked after the verdict was read. He wasn't relieved. He smirked.

I'm pretty good at reading people. I was disgusted with Zimmerman.
GZ was as stone-faced after the verdict as during the trial.

I'm also ok at reading people. Bernie & Co. knew throughout the trial they were persecuting, not prosecuting, an innocent man. All the bluster and emotional pity party for Team Martin and The Child was a charade.

Old 07-20-2013, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Zim wouldn't have followed a white person to start with.

Your evidence of this is......?

Old 07-20-2013, 04:42 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
If that is/was the case then that says that TM knew he was attacking an authority figure.

Either way it is not good nor right.
No Proof. imo,

TM thought the guy was a cop or security guard. He ran to hide his stuff. He watched the guy, soon figured out he was just a nosy guy, maybe doing some 'profiling'. His worries about the stranger turned to being really po'd. The rest is history.

Old 07-20-2013, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
No windows on the first floor either, according to other expert c-d posters.
And how did he get the safety off with Martin on top of him???

If only there would be a trial so we could answer these important questions. Maybe they would even show pictures of the neighborhood in the trial. . . . I guess that's just wishful thinking.

Double Action Only, no safety to have to take off.

Old 07-20-2013, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Let's first point out that The Daily Caller is a far-right, extremist website. Their reporting on anything should be view with extreme skepticism.

But let's assume what they claim is true. Let's assume George Zimmerman really did lead the charge for justice for this black homeless man (incidently, if this is true, why didn't the defense put anyone on the stand to testify to it?)

The media are not talking about it because it has nothing to do with the Martin shooting!

If I murdered somebody, lots of people who know me could talk about the wonderful, kind things I had done in my life. Heck, Ted Bundy volunteered for a rape crisis hotline and, according to his co-volunteers, was good at his job. That in no way exonerates him for the murders of 30+ young women.

If a black man had gunned down an unarmed white teenagers, all you people now saying this case had nothing to do with race and defending Zimmerman's character would be screaming about "anti-white hate crimes" and demanding the death penalty. You are all a bunch of hypocrites.

\\THis is about the media not talking about it, not the trial.

The media sure is doing a bang up job on spouting off racially divisive crap though.

Old 07-20-2013, 05:15 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Zimmy said it was "God's. Will".
Are you a Christian ? Most people know when something bad happens that's just a way of acceptance.

Does not mean he does not have regrets or remorse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies